PDA

View Full Version : LeMond finally triumphs...

Cicero Venatio
June 14th 12, 02:34 PM
This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
France. Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
succeed. And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
winner of the tdf, of any nationality.

atriage[_6_]
June 14th 12, 03:03 PM
On 14/06/2012 14:34, cicero venatio wrote:
> This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
> finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
> France. Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
> succeed. And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
> winner of the tdf, of any nationality.

Or alternatively there might *never* have been any legitimate winners.

--

Fred Flintstein
June 14th 12, 04:45 PM
On 6/14/2012 9:03 AM, atriage wrote:
> On 14/06/2012 14:34, cicero venatio wrote:
>> This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
>> finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
>> France. Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
>> succeed. And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
>> winner of the tdf, of any nationality.
>
> Or alternatively there might *never* have been any legitimate winners.

If Benjo were here he'd point out Gino Bartali.

PS If people are going to crosspost trolls don't forget about
alt.machines.cnc.

Simply Fred
June 14th 12, 10:13 PM
Fred Flintstein wrote:
> PS If people are going to crosspost trolls don't forget about
> alt.machines.cnc.

Especially in a US election year.

Anton Berlin
June 15th 12, 06:26 AM
On Jun 14, 8:34*am, cicero venatio > wrote:
> This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
> finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
> France. *Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
> succeed. *And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
> winner of the tdf, of any nationality.

Only one person will read your post and agree with it 100%.

Not sure if Greg lurks here though

Tom $herman (-_-)
June 15th 12, 07:05 AM
On 6/14/2012 8:34 AM, cicero venatio wrote:
> This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
> finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
> France. Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
> succeed. And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
> winner of the tdf, of any nationality.

It ain't over until all the lawyers get paid on their final invoices.
This could drag on for years.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!

Mineral Water
June 15th 12, 08:02 PM
How many Tour victories?

Phil H
June 15th 12, 10:22 PM
On Jun 15, 12:02*pm, Mineral Water > wrote:
> How many Tour victories?

What, real or virtual?
Phil H

DirtRoadie
June 16th 12, 12:23 AM
On Jun 15, 3:22*pm, Phil H > wrote:
> On Jun 15, 12:02*pm, Mineral Water > wrote:
>
> > How many Tour victories?
>
> What, real or virtual?
> Phil H

Help me out here - do the victories of Pereiro and Schleck count as
real or virtual?
DR

Simply Fred
June 16th 12, 01:16 PM
DirtRoadie wrote:
> Help me out here - do the victories of Pereiro and Schleck count as
> real or virtual?

The UCI has contracted IBM to create a new supercomputer more powerful
than deep blue and big blue combined to keep track of the various
categories of virtual victories.

atriage[_6_]
June 16th 12, 02:41 PM
On 16/06/2012 13:16, Simply Fred wrote:
> DirtRoadie wrote:
>> Help me out here - do the victories of Pereiro and Schleck count as
>> real or virtual?
>
> The UCI has contracted IBM to create a new supercomputer more powerful than deep
> blue and big blue combined to keep track of the various categories of virtual
> victories.

It's gonna be called deep throat apparently.

--

--D-y
June 16th 12, 03:43 PM
On Jun 14, 8:34*am, cicero venatio > wrote:
> This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
> finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
> France. *Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
> succeed. *And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
> winner of the tdf, of any nationality.

Greg Lemond fits the doper profile.
His father-in-law could have orchestrated Greg's sudden return to
form, mid-Giro, with or without Greg's knowledge or consent.

Unfortunately, there are no frozen samples to test, for Greg Lemond.

So we will never know-- but, those who really really want to can
BELIEVE. And that is what is important, believing in "legitimacy".
--D-y

AMuzi
June 16th 12, 04:10 PM
On 6/16/2012 9:43 AM, --D-y wrote:
> On Jun 14, 8:34 am, cicero venatio > wrote:
>> This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
>> finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
>> France. Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
>> succeed. And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
>> winner of the tdf, of any nationality.
>
> Greg Lemond fits the doper profile.
> His father-in-law could have orchestrated Greg's sudden return to
> form, mid-Giro, with or without Greg's knowledge or consent.
>
> Unfortunately, there are no frozen samples to test, for Greg Lemond.
>
> So we will never know-- but, those who really really want to can
> BELIEVE. And that is what is important, believing in "legitimacy".
> --D-y

And yet, even if offered any imaginable enhancement, none of
us could outclimb him.

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

June 16th 12, 09:13 PM
On Jun 16, 10:10*am, AMuzi > wrote:
> On 6/16/2012 9:43 AM, --D-y wrote:
>

> > On Jun 14, 8:34 am, cicero venatio > wrote:
> >> This was tougher than his two Tour victories but Greg LeMond has
> >> finally re-achieved his goal as the only American to win the Tour de
> >> France. *Took more than a decade of work and 8 DQ's to finally
> >> succeed. *And before it all shakes out, Greg maybe the last legitimate
> >> winner of the tdf, of any nationality.
>
> > Greg Lemond fits the doper profile.
> > His father-in-law could have orchestrated Greg's sudden return to
> > form, mid-Giro, with or without Greg's knowledge or consent.
>
> > Unfortunately, there are no frozen samples to test, for Greg Lemond.
>
> > So we will never know-- but, those who really really want to can
> > BELIEVE. And that is what is important, believing in "legitimacy".
> > --D-y
>
> And yet, even if offered any imaginable enhancement, none of
> us could outclimb him.

I believe you. He still fits the doper profile. And hey, how about
that taxpayer-funded witch hunt?
--D-y

AMuzi
June 16th 12, 09:50 PM
On 6/16/2012 3:13 PM, wrote:
> On Jun 16, 10:10 am, AMuzi > wrote:

>>> Greg Lemond fits the doper profile.
>>> His father-in-law could have orchestrated Greg's sudden return to
>>> form, mid-Giro, with or without Greg's knowledge or consent.
>>
>>> Unfortunately, there are no frozen samples to test, for Greg Lemond.
>>
>>> So we will never know-- but, those who really really want to can
>>> BELIEVE. And that is what is important, believing in "legitimacy".
>>> --D-y
>>
>> And yet, even if offered any imaginable enhancement, none of
>> us could outclimb him.
>
> I believe you. He still fits the doper profile. And hey, how about
> that taxpayer-funded witch hunt?

Yeah, what's the point? Especially considering Paul Erdos,
Tommy Simpson and Jacques Anquetil?

Speaking of drugs, how's that 100-year-old Heroin ban coming
along? Or marijuana imprisonment?

Anyone out there to defend any of that ?

--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Tom $herman (-_-)
June 16th 12, 10:20 PM
On 6/16/2012 3:50 PM, A. Muzi wrote:
> On 6/16/2012 3:13 PM, wrote:

>>> And yet, even if offered any imaginable enhancement, none of
>>> us could outclimb him.
>>
>> I believe you. He still fits the doper profile. And hey, how about
>> that taxpayer-funded witch hunt?
>

> Yeah, what's the point? Especially considering Paul Erdos, Tommy Simpson
> and Jacques Anquetil?
>
> Speaking of drugs, how's that 100-year-old Heroin ban coming along? Or
> marijuana imprisonment?
>
> Anyone out there to defend any of that ?

Too much money is made by too many people in high places for the "War on
Drugs" to end. And to these sociopaths, damaging US society is a good
thing.

But the "War on Drugs" goes to prove that at heart the Republican and
Democratic Parties are fascist and not libertarian and liberal,
respectively, so there is one positive effect.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
Post Free or Die!

Simply Fred
June 16th 12, 11:16 PM

atriage wrote:
> It's gonna be called deep throat apparently.

In honour of Lemond's uncle presumably.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home