PDA

View Full Version : Any Good MODERATED Recumbent Message Boards?

Bobinator
July 29th 03, 02:23 AM
The title says it all.

skip
July 29th 03, 03:25 AM
I don't think bentrider does much moderating. He just kicks you off when
you threaten bodily harm to other posters. For a bit more moderation check
out

http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/index.html

"Review Boy" <review > wrote in message
> www.bentrideronline.com
>
> "Bobinator" > wrote in message
> m...
> > The title says it all.

Tom Sherman
July 29th 03, 04:29 AM
Bobinator wrote:

> The title says it all.

What fun would that be? ;)

'BentRider
July 29th 03, 11:21 AM
I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way
off topic or people start to get abbusive. I also issue a lot of
warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend dealing with
the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:25:15 -0500, "skip" > wrote:

>I don't think bentrider does much moderating. He just kicks you off when
>you threaten bodily harm to other posters. For a bit more moderation check
>out
>
>http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/hpv/index.html
>

>"Review Boy" <review > wrote in message
>> www.bentrideronline.com
>>
>> "Bobinator" > wrote in message
>> m...
>> > The title says it all.

Bryan J. Ball
Editor/Publisher
www.bentrideronline.com

Tom Sherman
July 30th 03, 01:43 AM
'BentRider wrote:

> I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way
> off topic or people start to get abbusive. I also issue a lot of
> warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend dealing with
> the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.

Not for us with "capillary straw" [1] dial up connections, however. :(

Of course, I NEVER participate in OT flame wars. ;)

[1] At times my connection speed is less than 1 kilobyte/second.

Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You soon
find out the pig likes it! - Unknown

Joshua Goldberg
July 30th 03, 04:25 AM
I have considered doing a Yahoo Newsgroup for the seriously bent who have
crossed over to Power-Assists, but I am so very busy now that I have no time
free. Truly nice how many bent cyclists I have seen posting here over the
years have gone to ICE & E-Motors.
***************************
"DrJoel" > wrote in message
> Ok start one and use powerboard, so it is real user friendly.
>
> "Joshua Goldberg" > wrote in message
> > How nice of you to ask me to start a Recumbent Newsgroup and be the
> > Moderator.
> > ******************************
> > "Bobinator" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > The title says it all.

'BentRider
July 30th 03, 09:02 AM
I'm wondering if you tried it lately. When we had a picture in the
background it loaded very slowly. It's much better now. No more time
consuming than cnn.com or something like that.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:43:44 -0500, Tom Sherman
> wrote:

>'BentRider wrote:
>>
>> I do a bit more than that. I also lock threads when things get way
>> off topic or people start to get abbusive. I also issue a lot of
>> warnings. You'd be amazed at the amount of time I spend dealing with
>> the board and its many issues. It is a good place though.
>
>Not for us with "capillary straw" [1] dial up connections, however. :(
>
>Of course, I NEVER participate in OT flame wars. ;)
>
>[1] At times my connection speed is less than 1 kilobyte/second.
>
>Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
>
>Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling with a pig... You soon
>find out the pig likes it! - Unknown

Bryan J. Ball
Editor/Publisher
www.bentrideronline.com

john riley
July 31st 03, 01:15 PM
bentcruiser > wrote in message >...
> Tom Sherman wrote:
> > What fun would that be?
>

> Sure does make reading it a lot more pleasant

Looks to me like the issue isn't the presence of a moderater. Often
the damage is done by the time the moderater steps in. The problem is
the internet. People behave badly because of the anonyminity and
remove. They say things they wouldn't say face to face.

If you read this board on a web page like google or cycling forums,
you can do your own moderating. You can usually tell from the subject
line/author which threads to ignore.

John Riley

Joshua Goldberg
July 31st 03, 02:06 PM
I subscribed to Cycling Forums last week and found it way too Un-bent.

As for people saying things in a Newsgroup they would not say face to face.
Guess I am the exception there, I write the way I speak, only difference is
that On-line no one sees me pulling my foot out of my mouth.

I almost became the moderator of a IHPV Group, but I figured the moment I
became moderator would be the moment everyone unsubcribed.
**********************************
"john riley" > wrote in message
m...
> bentcruiser > wrote in message
> > Tom Sherman wrote:
> > > What fun would that be?
> >

> > Sure does make reading it a lot more pleasant
>
> Looks to me like the issue isn't the presence of a moderater. Often
> the damage is done by the time the moderater steps in. The problem is
> the internet. People behave badly because of the anonyminity and
> remove. They say things they wouldn't say face to face.
>
> If you read this board on a web page like google or cycling forums,
> you can do your own moderating. You can usually tell from the subject
> line/author which threads to ignore.
>
> John Riley

Joshua Goldberg
July 31st 03, 08:28 PM
Thanx John....there be bent content there, might take time to get used to
the weird layout. PS Sherbourne south of Carlton is starting to look like
the surface of moon...fast going south and that side is not all eaten up
(yet).
om...

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=48c6e56aa04c2b717856804a6494efc f&forumid=59

> John Riley