PDA

View Full Version : are cycles suitable transport for the poor quality roads we have?

Mrcheerful[_3_]
July 25th 12, 06:49 PM
if a (not very big) pothole can cause a rotation over the handlebars, is a
pushbike a safe means of transport ?

and what happened to watching the road ahead and being able to stop in a few
inches?

Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.

http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/9837486.Elderly_cyclist_angered_by_pothole_prang/

Pseudonym[_2_]
July 25th 12, 07:06 PM
On 25/07/2012 18:49, Mrcheerful wrote:
> if a (not very big) pothole can cause a rotation over the handlebars, is a
> pushbike a safe means of transport ?
>
> and what happened to watching the road ahead and being able to stop in a few
> inches?
>
> Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.
>
> http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/9837486.Elderly_cyclist_angered_by_pothole_prang/

"The retired tobacco blender"

Done his bit to damage other peoples health then eh?

Judith[_4_]
July 25th 12, 11:04 PM
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:49:57 +0100, "Mrcheerful" >
wrote:

>if a (not very big) pothole can cause a rotation over the handlebars, is a
>pushbike a safe means of transport ?
>
>and what happened to watching the road ahead and being able to stop in a few
>inches?
>
>Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.
>
>http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/9837486.Elderly_cyclist_angered_by_pothole_prang/

"I saw the massive hole, but it was too late. "

Obviously going too fast - probably racing.

Alan Holmes[_3_]
July 26th 12, 02:55 PM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
> if a (not very big) pothole can cause a rotation over the handlebars, is a
> pushbike a safe means of transport ?
>
> and what happened to watching the road ahead and being able to stop in a
> few inches?
>
> Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.

Cyclists, like almost everyone, pay taxes, which are thrown away by
whichever government is in power!

> http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/9837486.Elderly_cyclist_angered_by_pothole_prang/

July 26th 12, 03:13 PM
All cyclists are always going too fast for the conditions if they are involved in a crash. All cycle crashes are probably the result of the cyclist concerned being in a race.
The same reasoning cannot be applied to motor vehicles.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
July 26th 12, 04:35 PM
wrote:
> All cyclists are always going too fast for the conditions if they are
> involved in a crash. All cycle crashes are probably the result of the
> cyclist concerned being in a race. The same reasoning cannot be
> applied to motor vehicles.

hear, hear.

July 26th 12, 05:16 PM
Of course roadusers other than cyclists who crash are mostly blameless

Mrcheerful[_3_]
July 26th 12, 05:28 PM
wrote:
> Of course roadusers other than cyclists who crash are mostly blameless

Usually, yes.

July 26th 12, 05:32 PM
And in any collision between a cyclist and a non cyclist the cyclist should be dragged behind a car untill all his skin is raw and then dipped in vinegar whilst hanging on hooks placed in his eye sockets

Mrcheerful[_3_]
July 26th 12, 05:55 PM
wrote:
> And in any collision between a cyclist and a non cyclist the cyclist
> should be dragged behind a car untill all his skin is raw and then
> dipped in vinegar whilst hanging on hooks placed in his eye sockets

Harsh, but fair, and they should thank the motorist for doing it.

jnugent
July 26th 12, 07:01 PM
On 26/07/2012 17:28, Mrcheerful wrote:

> wrote:

>> Of course roadusers other than cyclists who crash are mostly blameless

> Usually, yes.

For a start, a six-inch wide pothole would not make me crash by driving over
it. That's partly because it isn't enough to cause me to lose control and
partly because I watch for deformed road surfaces and do my best to avoid the
worst of them (whether by steering or an adjustment of speed, or both).

jnugent
July 26th 12, 07:02 PM
On 26/07/2012 17:32, wrote:

> And in any collision between a cyclist and a non cyclist the cyclist should be dragged behind a car untill all his skin is raw and then dipped in vinegar whilst hanging on hooks placed in his eye sockets

Easily enough arranged.

But surely a bit *too* harsh?

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 07:09 PM
On 26/07/2012 14:55, Alan Holmes wrote:
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
>> if a (not very big) pothole can cause a rotation over the handlebars, is a
>> pushbike a safe means of transport ?
>>
>> and what happened to watching the road ahead and being able to stop in a
>> few inches?
>>
>> Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.
>
> Cyclists, like almost everyone, pay taxes, which are thrown away by
> whichever government is in power!

But they don't pay an extra tax specifically to use a vehicle on the road.

>> http://www.clactonandfrintongazette.co.uk/news/9837486.Elderly_cyclist_angered_by_pothole_prang/

University

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 07:10 PM
On 26/07/2012 17:55, Mrcheerful wrote:
> wrote:
>> And in any collision between a cyclist and a non cyclist the cyclist
>> should be dragged behind a car untill all his skin is raw and then
>> dipped in vinegar whilst hanging on hooks placed in his eye sockets
>
> Harsh, but fair, and they should thank the motorist for doing it.

My daughter attended a ****wit cyclist who had "degloved" his penis once.

University

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 07:11 PM
On 26/07/2012 17:32, wrote:
> And in any collision between a cyclist and a non cyclist the cyclist should be dragged behind a car untill all his skin is raw and then dipped in vinegar whilst hanging on hooks placed in his eye sockets

"untill" ?

Justipoo's **** up again.

University

jnugent
July 26th 12, 07:15 PM
On 26/07/2012 19:10, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

> On 26/07/2012 17:55, Mrcheerful wrote:
>> wrote:

>>> And in any collision between a cyclist and a non cyclist the cyclist
>>> should be dragged behind a car untill all his skin is raw and then
>>> dipped in vinegar whilst hanging on hooks placed in his eye sockets

>> Harsh, but fair, and they should thank the motorist for doing it.

> My daughter attended a ****wit cyclist who had "degloved" his penis once.

How did he manage that?

July 26th 12, 07:17 PM
Of course she did

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 07:24 PM
On 26/07/2012 19:15, JNugent wrote:
> On 26/07/2012 19:10, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

>>> Harsh, but fair, and they should thank the motorist for doing it.
>
>> My daughter attended a ****wit cyclist who had "degloved" his penis once.
>
> How did he manage that?

Only wearing lycra shorts, came off push bike at high speed on rough
concrete road...

University

jnugent
July 26th 12, 07:48 PM
On 26/07/2012 19:24, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

> On 26/07/2012 19:15, JNugent wrote:

>>> My daughter attended a ****wit cyclist who had "degloved" his penis once.

>> How did he manage that?

> Only wearing lycra shorts, came off push bike at high speed on rough concrete
> road...

<wince>

Still, better him than me...

Judith[_4_]
July 26th 12, 08:29 PM
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>Of course she did

Excellent - four more random words.

He gets better day by day.

Come back Numb-nuts - all is forgiven.

Hello it's Nobhead Lewis:
--
Justin (Nobhead) van Lewis has been caught using the following names:
FrontMech

Jacqueline Lewis-Wintjens
He has denied using some - but he refuses to confirm or deny using them all
- even when the evidence is presented to him.

Justin van Lewis is a proven liar.

July 26th 12, 08:42 PM
Evidence? What evidence?

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 08:43 PM
On 26/07/2012 19:17, wrote:
> Of course she did

Of course who did?

University

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 08:44 PM
On 26/07/2012 19:48, JNugent wrote:
> On 26/07/2012 19:24, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

>>> How did he manage that?
>
>> Only wearing lycra shorts, came off push bike at high speed on rough
>> concrete
>> road...
>
> <wince>
>
> Still, better him than me...

Don't think he rides a push bike any more. After all, you have to be a
complete prick to be a cyclist.

University

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 08:45 PM
On 26/07/2012 20:29, Judith wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
>> Of course she did
>

> Excellent - four more random words.
>
> He gets better day by day.

Do you think he was scared witless by Algernon the 6ft invisible rabbit?

University

jnugent
July 26th 12, 08:50 PM
On 26/07/2012 20:42, wrote:

> Evidence? What evidence?

Question? What question?

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 26th 12, 08:57 PM
On 26/07/2012 20:42, wrote:
> Evidence? What evidence?

Brain? What brain?

University

July 26th 12, 08:59 PM
Judith claims to have presented evidence. What evidence and evidence of what?

The Medway Handyman[_4_]
July 26th 12, 09:23 PM
On 26/07/2012 20:59, wrote:
> Judith claims to have presented evidence. What evidence and evidence of what?

That evidence of that.

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 27th 12, 12:50 AM
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:17:18 -0700, justinlewis100 wrote:

> Of course she did

your daughter

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 27th 12, 12:51 AM
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:44:14 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

> Don't think he rides a push bike any more. After all, you have to be a
> complete prick to be a cyclist.

Thank God I am a complete prick by the medwit's diagnosis. It is a
compliment.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.

John Benn
July 27th 12, 09:28 AM
> wrote in message
> Of course she did

Who did what?

Judith[_4_]
July 27th 12, 10:38 AM
On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:45:08 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
> wrote:

>On 26/07/2012 20:29, Judith wrote:
>> On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 11:17:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>>
>>> Of course she did
>>

>> Excellent - four more random words.
>>
>> He gets better day by day.
>
>Do you think he was scared witless by Algernon the 6ft invisible rabbit?

I think he saw him - and he was frightened away.

soup[_3_]
July 28th 12, 10:42 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.

?????????????????

jnugent
July 29th 12, 12:48 AM
On 28/07/2012 22:42, soup wrote:

> Mrcheerful wrote:

>> Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.

> ?????????????????

It wasn't difficult to understand.

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 29th 12, 11:01 AM
On 28/07/2012 22:42, soup wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> Seems like cyclists want everything, yet don't pay for it.
>
> ?????????????????

Which bit of that truism confused you?

University

Alan Holmes[_3_]
July 30th 12, 09:45 PM
> wrote in message
> Of course roadusers other than cyclists who crash are mostly blameless

Well, of course they are, damned cyclists should be shot so leaving the
roads for vehicle drivers who are all totally innocent!

Alan

Alan Holmes[_3_]
July 30th 12, 09:48 PM
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" > wrote in message
> On 26/07/2012 19:48, JNugent wrote:

>>> Only wearing lycra shorts, came off push bike at high speed on rough
>>> concrete
>>> road...
>>
>> <wince>
>>
>> Still, better him than me...
>
> Don't think he rides a push bike any more. After all, you have to be a
> complete prick to be a cyclist.

Even though there are hundreds of thousand cyclists, but if there were not
so many prick vehicle drivers that would make the roads a lot safer!

Alan

Alan Holmes[_3_]
July 30th 12, 09:50 PM
"Dave - Cyclists VOR" > wrote in message
> On 26/07/2012 20:42, wrote:
>> Evidence? What evidence?
>>

> Brain? What brain?

Your lack of!

Alan Holmes[_3_]
July 30th 12, 09:52 PM
> wrote in message
> And in any collision between a cyclist and a non cyclist the cyclist
> should be dragged behind a car untill all his skin is raw and then dipped
> in vinegar whilst hanging on hooks placed in his eye sockets

Yes, but only after the car driver had suffered the same fate

Dave - Cyclists VOR
July 31st 12, 08:46 AM
On 30/07/2012 21:45, Alan Holmes wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Of course roadusers other than cyclists who crash are mostly blameless
>
> Well, of course they are, damned cyclists should be shot so leaving the
> roads for vehicle drivers who are all totally innocent!

At last he gets the idea....

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home