PDA

View Full Version : Psychologists are increasingly becoming aware some people are extremeseekers of adventure

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
July 28th 12, 07:06 PM
Do we know anyone like this? Do we EVER!

Mike

Why Do People Take Risks?
http://www.canada.com/people+take+risks/7002838/story.html
Psychologists are increasingly becoming aware some people are extreme seekers of adventure. They are often non-conformists with a wanderlust. Taking risks is their main way to feel vital.

However, as psychiatrist John Oldham writes in The New Personality Self-Portrait, some over-the-top risk-takers could also have an “anti-social personality disorder,” known as psychopathy.
Chronic risk-takers, writes Oldham, frequently show blatant disregard for the safety of themselves and others, often break the law, chronically lie and feel no remorse.
(Do we know any mountain bikers that fall into this category? Of course, Mike, you knew, and wrote about the psychology of mountain biking several years ago...Now it is official.)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home