PDA

View Full Version : C'dale R1000 or Lemond Buenos Aires?

Attractive Nuisance
July 28th 03, 05:17 PM
Hi-

I've been riding a Trek aluminum hybrid for a year and am ready to move into
a more serious road bike. I am looking at these two bikes; they appear to
be more or less equal in component quality and price (C'dale slightly
higher). The chief difference is the frame material, but it isn't my
purpose to open the steel v aluminum can of worms. I am just interested in
hearing from those of you who have experience with these bicycles. I'm
female, athletic, and chiefly interested in solo and club riding with the
possibility of Cat 4 racing someday. Thanks!

Kevin
July 28th 03, 09:44 PM
I'd shop for fit over brand. Women can be challenging to fit well. It's
fairly easy to get a good fit. Get to a bike shop that will take the time
to get you fitted well. Better to do one custom frame that fits than
several bikes that turn out to be "not close enough". I have preferences
and so does the next guy or gal.

Look for pedal - front wheel overlap.

"Attractive Nuisance" > wrote in message
> Hi-
>
> I've been riding a Trek aluminum hybrid for a year and am ready to move
into
> a more serious road bike. I am looking at these two bikes; they appear to

> female, athletic, and chiefly interested in solo and club riding with the
> possibility of Cat 4 racing someday. Thanks!

Rick Warner
July 29th 03, 12:03 AM
"Attractive Nuisance" > wrote in message >...
> Hi-
>
> I've been riding a Trek aluminum hybrid for a year and am ready to move into
> a more serious road bike. I am looking at these two bikes; they appear to
> be more or less equal in component quality and price (C'dale slightly
> higher). The chief difference is the frame material, but it isn't my
> purpose to open the steel v aluminum can of worms. I am just interested in
> hearing from those of you who have experience with these bicycles. I'm
> female, athletic, and chiefly interested in solo and club riding with the
> possibility of Cat 4 racing someday. Thanks!

It really boils down to you - how do these two options fit YOU, not me or
anyone else. Personally, I think that these are pretty equal on paper.
For me, on the road, the Buenos Aires wins hands down. The only way for you
to decide will be to take good, long tests on both and decide how they
feel and respond.

- rick

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home