PDA

View Full Version : new rider

Roger Wick
August 21st 03, 11:16 PM
I am thinking about buying a recumbent for the first time.
Of course I don't want to spend allot of money on something I'm not sure I'm
going to like, so I'm looking at
the EZ-1 Super Cruzer. Any suggestions??????

cbb
August 22nd 03, 01:30 PM
Roger,
If your coming from a good road bike and/or are looking for a fast
bike then you will probably will be dissappointed with the EZ-1 except
for the comfort. However if you currently just cruise around on a MTB
or "comfort" bike or don't ride the EZ-1 is a fun comfortable and easy
to learn recumbent that will probably get you addicted and wanting for
more. Atleast thats what my first bent a BikeE did for me. The EZ
series are inexpensive and fairly simple (easy to repair) and easy to
learn so they make good first bents. If you are looking for something
a little lighter and faster and are not intimidated but a little
longer learning curve a bike such as a used Rocket or Vision R-40 are
not much more and will be faster and better suited to longer rides
once you get into it.
Craig

"Roger Wick" > wrote in message news:<Awb1b.163781$cF.57350@rwcrnsc53>...
> I am thinking about buying a recumbent for the first time.
> Of course I don't want to spend allot of money on something I'm not sure I'm
> going to like, so I'm looking at
> the EZ-1 Super Cruzer. Any suggestions??????

cbb
August 22nd 03, 01:30 PM
Roger,
If your coming from a good road bike and/or are looking for a fast
bike then you will probably will be dissappointed with the EZ-1 except
for the comfort. However if you currently just cruise around on a MTB
or "comfort" bike or don't ride the EZ-1 is a fun comfortable and easy
to learn recumbent that will probably get you addicted and wanting for
more. Atleast thats what my first bent a BikeE did for me. The EZ
series are inexpensive and fairly simple (easy to repair) and easy to
learn so they make good first bents. If you are looking for something
a little lighter and faster and are not intimidated but a little
longer learning curve a bike such as a used Rocket or Vision R-40 are
not much more and will be faster and better suited to longer rides
once you get into it.
Craig

"Roger Wick" > wrote in message news:<Awb1b.163781$cF.57350@rwcrnsc53>...
> I am thinking about buying a recumbent for the first time.
> Of course I don't want to spend allot of money on something I'm not sure I'm
> going to like, so I'm looking at
> the EZ-1 Super Cruzer. Any suggestions??????

bentcruiser
August 23rd 03, 10:55 PM
Roger Wick wrote:
> I am thinking about buying a recumbent for the first time. Of course I
> don't want to spend allot of money on something I'm not sure I'm going
> to like, so I'm looking at the EZ-1 Super Cruzer. Any suggestions??????

My best suggestion is not to buy the bottom rung. Unless, of course,
that is what you can only afford. I bought a BikeE when I was going to
get bent because it was all I could afford. I always looked for
something better. The BikeE told me a lot about what I liked and what I
didn't about bent riding. When I bought my current bicycle, I bought
according to what I wanted. I am no longer looking for any other ride.

--
Derek,
Burley Canto

bentcruiser
August 23rd 03, 10:55 PM
Roger Wick wrote:
> I am thinking about buying a recumbent for the first time. Of course I
> don't want to spend allot of money on something I'm not sure I'm going
> to like, so I'm looking at the EZ-1 Super Cruzer. Any suggestions??????

My best suggestion is not to buy the bottom rung. Unless, of course,
that is what you can only afford. I bought a BikeE when I was going to
get bent because it was all I could afford. I always looked for
something better. The BikeE told me a lot about what I liked and what I
didn't about bent riding. When I bought my current bicycle, I bought
according to what I wanted. I am no longer looking for any other ride.

--
Derek,
Burley Canto

Barry Zevan the weatherman
August 25th 03, 12:37 AM
> Roger Wick wrote:
>I am thinking about buying a recumbent for the first time. Of course I
> don't want to spend allot of money on something I'm not sure I'm going
> to like, so I'm looking at the EZ-1 Super Cruzer. Any suggestions??????

EZ-1 SC is a good choice for the price. If you can afford more the step up
an notch or two.
Happy trails to you!

Barry Zevan the weatherman
August 25th 03, 12:37 AM
> Roger Wick wrote:
>I am thinking about buying a recumbent for the first time. Of course I
> don't want to spend allot of money on something I'm not sure I'm going
> to like, so I'm looking at the EZ-1 Super Cruzer. Any suggestions??????

EZ-1 SC is a good choice for the price. If you can afford more the step up
an notch or two.
Happy trails to you!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home