PDA

View Full Version : Re: nice deal on a V2 (not mine)

Joshua Goldberg
August 27th 03, 06:21 AM
Not a stock color...unless I missed seeing that color/

It says the bent was build up from a frameset.

Mark Power @ Power-On Cycling was selling NEW pre-2003 V2 Framesets for
$850.00 a few months ago...this may have been one of them.
Even if it was a $850.00 frameset...the toys added to that V2 would easily
put it over $1500.00 completed.
***************************************
"rich westerman" > wrote in message
s.com...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623892592&category=
> > > 7298
> >
> > Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes
> > available. High dollar too I imagine.
> > Wondering about the color?
>

> nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently
seen
> some cautionary posts here regarding them.
> btw, is that a stock RANS color?
>
> rich V2

harryo
August 27th 03, 01:01 PM
"rich westerman" > wrote in message >...

> nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently seen
> some cautionary posts here regarding them.
> btw, is that a stock RANS color?

I am not sure what the cautions are that you heard about hydraulic
brakes but I will tell you that the Magura Louise brakes, which I have
used for the past 2 1/2 years, are the most trouble free, best
performing brakes that I have ever used. If you are referring to a
line rupture, it just doesn't happen and I would be willing to bet
that it is less likely to happen than a cable failure.

Harry Jiles

harryo
August 27th 03, 01:01 PM
"rich westerman" > wrote in message >...

> nope, just that I've never had a bike with hydraulics and I've recently seen
> some cautionary posts here regarding them.
> btw, is that a stock RANS color?

I am not sure what the cautions are that you heard about hydraulic
brakes but I will tell you that the Magura Louise brakes, which I have
used for the past 2 1/2 years, are the most trouble free, best
performing brakes that I have ever used. If you are referring to a
line rupture, it just doesn't happen and I would be willing to bet
that it is less likely to happen than a cable failure.

Harry Jiles

skip
August 27th 03, 03:44 PM
"Joshua Goldberg" > wrote in message
.. .
> Not a stock color...unless I missed seeing that color/
>
> It says the bent was build up from a frameset.
>
> Mark Power @ Power-On Cycling was selling NEW pre-2003 V2 Framesets for
> $850.00 a few months ago...this may have been one of them.
> Even if it was a $850.00 frameset...the toys added to that V2 would easily
> put it over $1500.00 completed.
> ***************************************

The bike was a steal at $950. Somebody got a real deal.

skip

skip
August 27th 03, 03:44 PM
"Joshua Goldberg" > wrote in message
.. .
> Not a stock color...unless I missed seeing that color/
>
> It says the bent was build up from a frameset.
>
> Mark Power @ Power-On Cycling was selling NEW pre-2003 V2 Framesets for
> $850.00 a few months ago...this may have been one of them.
> Even if it was a $850.00 frameset...the toys added to that V2 would easily
> put it over $1500.00 completed.
> ***************************************

The bike was a steal at $950. Somebody got a real deal.

skip

Mike Nelson
August 27th 03, 10:04 PM
"rich westerman" > wrote in message >...

>"the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values
>or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized
>violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never
>do." Samuel P. Huntington, Harvard Professor and author.

What a load of crap! Is this guy seriously trying to say "the West" is
morally inferior to, what, such peace-loving non-westerners as Pol
Pot, Ghengis Khan, Momar Khadaffi, Emperor Hirohito, Kim Jong-il,
Yassar Arafat?

Is it now the norm to be a celebrated professor at a major university
and be an absolute idiot?

M. Nelson

Mike Nelson
August 27th 03, 10:04 PM
"rich westerman" > wrote in message >...

>"the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values
>or religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized
>violence. Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never
>do." Samuel P. Huntington, Harvard Professor and author.

What a load of crap! Is this guy seriously trying to say "the West" is
morally inferior to, what, such peace-loving non-westerners as Pol
Pot, Ghengis Khan, Momar Khadaffi, Emperor Hirohito, Kim Jong-il,
Yassar Arafat?

Is it now the norm to be a celebrated professor at a major university
and be an absolute idiot?

M. Nelson

Ken Kobayashi
August 28th 03, 06:20 AM
On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:24:19 -0500, MLB >
wrote:
>"rich westerman" > wrote in
s.com:

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623892592&category=
>> 7298
>
>Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes
>available. High dollar too I imagine.

Hey, this is an auction. The price will go up from "great deal" to
"reasonable" in no time. (And sometimes higher...)

Anyway I've never seen a disc-brake equipped V2. If one wanted to do a
similar modification, what's the best method? Would one need to get
the mounts brazed to the frame by a frame builder, or are there other
options?

Ken

Ken Kobayashi

http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/

wrote:
>"rich westerman" > wrote in
s.com:

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623892592&category=
>> 7298
>
>Wow, heck of a deal! Why the pause? Those are some of the best brakes
>available. High dollar too I imagine.

Hey, this is an auction. The price will go up from "great deal" to
"reasonable" in no time. (And sometimes higher...)

Anyway I've never seen a disc-brake equipped V2. If one wanted to do a
similar modification, what's the best method? Would one need to get
the mounts brazed to the frame by a frame builder, or are there other
options?

Ken

Ken Kobayashi

http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/