PDA

View Full Version : Question about building a custom 4 wheel bike

Randal Lovelace
August 27th 03, 08:45 PM
I have been thinking of building my own design recumbant bike.

The basic layout would be seat near rear between the rear tires
(Slightly forward of center of the tires - back of back rest top would
be about an inch forward of the rear wheels centerline.)

front tires would be attached simular to the way go cart wheels are
attached, and steered.

crank of course centered in front of seat.

gearing?

attaching crank to gearing?

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.

Also was thinking of building out of aluminum oval tubing.

Randy Lovelace....

--
Randal Lovelace

rorschandt
August 28th 03, 09:44 PM
Randal Lovelace > wrote in
:

> I have been thinking of building my own design recumbant bike.
>
> The basic layout would be seat near rear between the rear tires
> (Slightly forward of center of the tires - back of back rest top would
> be about an inch forward of the rear wheels centerline.)
>
> front tires would be attached simular to the way go cart wheels are
> attached, and steered.
>
> crank of course centered in front of seat.
>
> gearing?
>
> attaching crank to gearing?
>
> Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.
>
> Also was thinking of building out of aluminum oval tubing.
>
> Randy Lovelace....
>

> --
> Randal Lovelace

Like these ?:
http://www.crank-it.com/
http://www.karbyk.com/b_modelli_race.htm

rorschandt
August 28th 03, 09:44 PM
Randal Lovelace > wrote in
:

> I have been thinking of building my own design recumbant bike.
>
> The basic layout would be seat near rear between the rear tires
> (Slightly forward of center of the tires - back of back rest top would
> be about an inch forward of the rear wheels centerline.)
>
> front tires would be attached simular to the way go cart wheels are
> attached, and steered.
>
> crank of course centered in front of seat.
>
> gearing?
>
> attaching crank to gearing?
>
> Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.
>
> Also was thinking of building out of aluminum oval tubing.
>
> Randy Lovelace....
>

> --
> Randal Lovelace

Like these ?:
http://www.crank-it.com/
http://www.karbyk.com/b_modelli_race.htm

Dean Arthur
October 4th 03, 09:18 AM
How about The Mother Earth News 'bent made from EMT [exhaust pipe] from
plans/article at:

http://www.motherearthnews.com/menarch/archive/goto.asp?article=081/081-162-01&ID=2613&Num=4

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home