PDA

View Full Version : Planet Bike Customer Service

bentcruiser
September 4th 03, 02:35 PM
Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer
service, I thought I would chime on a company who has excellent customer
service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue on a newly
purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I
could to get it to work but it did not work.

I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After
explaining all I went through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must
have a bad computer. Send it in and we will replace it.

AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like
pulling teeth to get anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was
superb from the phone conversation to the return policy.

Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!

--
Derek,
Burley Canto

Jim C
September 5th 03, 03:20 AM
I agree. Recently had a problem with a Stelvio tire and a Topeak floor pump
and got excellent service from both of them. Items replaced promptly with no
hassle.

Jim C
"bentcruiser" > wrote in message
> Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer
> service, I thought I would chime on a company who has excellent customer
> service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue on a newly
> purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I
> could to get it to work but it did not work.
>
> I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After
> explaining all I went through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must
> have a bad computer. Send it in and we will replace it.
>
> AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like
> pulling teeth to get anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was
> superb from the phone conversation to the return policy.
>
> Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!
>

> --
> Derek,
> Burley Canto

Jim C
September 5th 03, 03:20 AM
I agree. Recently had a problem with a Stelvio tire and a Topeak floor pump
and got excellent service from both of them. Items replaced promptly with no
hassle.

Jim C
"bentcruiser" > wrote in message
> Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer
> service, I thought I would chime on a company who has excellent customer
> service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue on a newly
> purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I
> could to get it to work but it did not work.
>
> I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After
> explaining all I went through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must
> have a bad computer. Send it in and we will replace it.
>
> AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like
> pulling teeth to get anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was
> superb from the phone conversation to the return policy.
>
> Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!
>

> --
> Derek,
> Burley Canto

cbb
September 5th 03, 08:09 PM
On a little larger note.
Earlier this spring I noticed a crack in the weld around the headtube
of my Optima Baron. This was a problem I had heard about on the web. I
emailed the current US distributer (not in business when I bought the
bike) and Optima. Both were very helpful and replaced my frame with a
new one for only the cost of shipping the old one to Cincinati. It
took awhile for the new frame to come in (~10 weeks, same as for a new
bike) but it is the new frame reinforced around the headtube.
Craig

bentcruiser > wrote in message >...
> Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer
> service, I thought I would chime on a company who has excellent customer
> service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue on a newly
> purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I
> could to get it to work but it did not work.
>
> I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After
> explaining all I went through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must
> have a bad computer. Send it in and we will replace it.
>
> AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like
> pulling teeth to get anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was
> superb from the phone conversation to the return policy.
>
> Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!

cbb
September 5th 03, 08:09 PM
On a little larger note.
Earlier this spring I noticed a crack in the weld around the headtube
of my Optima Baron. This was a problem I had heard about on the web. I
emailed the current US distributer (not in business when I bought the
bike) and Optima. Both were very helpful and replaced my frame with a
new one for only the cost of shipping the old one to Cincinati. It
took awhile for the new frame to come in (~10 weeks, same as for a new
bike) but it is the new frame reinforced around the headtube.
Craig

bentcruiser > wrote in message >...
> Since there seems to be a trend in negative reports for customer
> service, I thought I would chime on a company who has excellent customer
> service. I called Planet Bike this morning with an issue on a newly
> purchased Protege 9 computer. It had stopped working. I did everything I
> could to get it to work but it did not work.
>
> I called them and spoke with a nice person who was very affable. After
> explaining all I went through to try to troublshoot it, he says You must
> have a bad computer. Send it in and we will replace it.
>
> AWESOME! Most companies I have dealt with recently have been like
> pulling teeth to get anything from them on faulty stuff. Planet Bike was
> superb from the phone conversation to the return policy.
>
> Kudos to Planet Bike!!!!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home