PDA

View Full Version : Bicycle shoes

pjclarkesq
September 6th 03, 08:54 PM
Just got a new Tour Easy. In my first few cruises around the neighborhood I
had trouble keeping my feet on the pedals. Aha! Nothing slips past me! I
need different shoes. I'd prefer to avoid pedal clips. If anyone has any
suggestions for this novice bentist lay em on me.

Thanks,

Phil

Rod
September 6th 03, 09:17 PM
I'm not a paid spokesmodel but Nashbar always has great shoe deals if they
have your size.

Try something like these that can be SPD or waffle stomper plain.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=84&subcategory=1041&brand=&sku=8331&storetype=&estoreid=

I still have a pair I bought 3 years ago. They are in great shape being thru
a lot of rain and stuff. I have a couple other shoes I prefer now but those
are great. If you fall down because of slipping off the pedals, you can kick
the crap out of whomever is laughing at you. Or if clipped in, you won't
break your foot :-)) I think you'd learn to like the SPD system, IMHO.

Rod Kuehl
RANS V2
Bacchetta Strada (in the kitchen for another week)
Riverview, FL

"pjclarkesq" > wrote in message
et...
> Just got a new Tour Easy. In my first few cruises around the neighborhood
> had trouble keeping my feet on the pedals. Aha! Nothing slips past me! I
> need different shoes. I'd prefer to avoid pedal clips. If anyone has any
> suggestions for this novice bentist lay em on me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

Rod
September 6th 03, 09:17 PM
I'm not a paid spokesmodel but Nashbar always has great shoe deals if they
have your size.

Try something like these that can be SPD or waffle stomper plain.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=84&subcategory=1041&brand=&sku=8331&storetype=&estoreid=

I still have a pair I bought 3 years ago. They are in great shape being thru
a lot of rain and stuff. I have a couple other shoes I prefer now but those
are great. If you fall down because of slipping off the pedals, you can kick
the crap out of whomever is laughing at you. Or if clipped in, you won't
break your foot :-)) I think you'd learn to like the SPD system, IMHO.

Rod Kuehl
RANS V2
Bacchetta Strada (in the kitchen for another week)
Riverview, FL

"pjclarkesq" > wrote in message
et...
> Just got a new Tour Easy. In my first few cruises around the neighborhood
> had trouble keeping my feet on the pedals. Aha! Nothing slips past me! I
> need different shoes. I'd prefer to avoid pedal clips. If anyone has any
> suggestions for this novice bentist lay em on me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

bill marsh
September 6th 03, 10:53 PM
--
In the 60's people took acid to make the world
weird. Now the world is weird and people take

"Rod" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I'm not a paid spokesmodel but Nashbar always has great shoe deals if they
> have your size.
>
> Try something like these that can be SPD or waffle stomper plain.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=84&subcategory=1041&brand=&sku=8331&storetype=&estoreid=

> I still have a pair I bought 3 years ago. They are in great shape being
thru
> a lot of rain and stuff. I have a couple other shoes I prefer now but
those
> are great. If you fall down because of slipping off the pedals, you can
kick
> the crap out of whomever is laughing at you. Or if clipped in, you won't
> break your foot :-)) I think you'd learn to like the SPD system, IMHO.
>
> Rod Kuehl
> RANS V2
> Bacchetta Strada (in the kitchen for another week)
> Riverview, FL
>

> "pjclarkesq" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Just got a new Tour Easy. In my first few cruises around the
neighborhood
> > had trouble keeping my feet on the pedals. Aha! Nothing slips past me!
> > need different shoes. I'd prefer to avoid pedal clips. If anyone has
any
> > suggestions for this novice bentist lay em on me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Phil
> >
> >Phil: I love my shimano sandels with spd clips. I can wear them with
socks to 50 without any cold feet. Toes up position really keeps the wind
chill down.

Bill
V-rex
In the 60's people took acid to make the world
weird. Now the world is weird and people take
Prozac to make it normal.

bill marsh
September 6th 03, 10:53 PM
--
In the 60's people took acid to make the world
weird. Now the world is weird and people take
Prozac to make it normal.

"Rod" > wrote in message
nk.net...
> I'm not a paid spokesmodel but Nashbar always has great shoe deals if they
> have your size.
>
> Try something like these that can be SPD or waffle stomper plain.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=84&subcategory=1041&brand=&sku=8331&storetype=&estoreid=

> I still have a pair I bought 3 years ago. They are in great shape being
thru
> a lot of rain and stuff. I have a couple other shoes I prefer now but
those
> are great. If you fall down because of slipping off the pedals, you can
kick
> the crap out of whomever is laughing at you. Or if clipped in, you won't
> break your foot :-)) I think you'd learn to like the SPD system, IMHO.
>
> Rod Kuehl
> RANS V2
> Bacchetta Strada (in the kitchen for another week)
> Riverview, FL
>

> "pjclarkesq" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Just got a new Tour Easy. In my first few cruises around the
neighborhood
> > had trouble keeping my feet on the pedals. Aha! Nothing slips past me!
> > need different shoes. I'd prefer to avoid pedal clips. If anyone has
any
> > suggestions for this novice bentist lay em on me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Phil
> >
> >Phil: I love my shimano sandels with spd clips. I can wear them with
socks to 50 without any cold feet. Toes up position really keeps the wind
chill down.

Bill
V-rex
In the 60's people took acid to make the world
weird. Now the world is weird and people take
Prozac to make it normal.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home