PDA

View Full Version : Three-year-old girl hit by cyclist

Judith[_4_]
May 24th 15, 04:02 PM
Outrageous

....... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video

A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands and
knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged for
12ft outside her home in Blackpool.

Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the pavement.
Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her daughter,
instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child. Her
father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.

The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

burfordTjustice
May 24th 15, 04:33 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:02:52 +0100
Judith > wrote:

> Outrageous
>
> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>
> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face,
> hands and knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist
> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>
> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just
> as a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along
> the pavement. Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in
> front of her daughter, instantly turns around and runs after the
> cyclist and the screaming child. Her father is also seen jumping the
> front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>

> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

Look left, right and left before stepping out....

Fredxxx
May 24th 15, 04:45 PM
On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
> Outrageous
>
> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>
> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands and
> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged for
> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>
> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the pavement.
> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her daughter,
> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child. Her
> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>

> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

Wow - yes. Just as well it wasn't anything bigger than a bike.

What would have happened to the cyclist if he hadn't cycled away?

Omega
May 24th 15, 05:57 PM
On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
> Outrageous
>
> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>
> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands and
> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged for
> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>
> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the pavement.
> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her daughter,
> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child. Her
> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>

> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

Perhaps the cyclist felt safer on the pavement because mum had double
parked? Or maybe it was the other driver?

omega

Juan Carr
May 24th 15, 06:14 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 11:33:03 -0400, burfordTjustice
> wrote:

>Look left, right and left before stepping out....

Indeed.

Some of us grew up being swamped with Tufty The Squirrel telling us
exactly that.

Nowadays, ask these kids who Tufty The Squirrel is and they'll ask "is
it on PS4 or Nintendo?"

You're doomed.

Judith[_4_]
May 24th 15, 07:09 PM
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:02:52 +0100
>Judith > wrote:
>
>> Outrageous
>>
>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>
>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face,
>> hands and knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist
>> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>
>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just
>> as a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along
>> the pavement. Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in
>> front of her daughter, instantly turns around and runs after the
>> cyclist and the screaming child. Her father is also seen jumping the
>> front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>

>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>

>Look left, right and left before stepping out....

.... of you garden gate on to the pavement.

Is that in the Highway Code?

Judith[_4_]
May 24th 15, 07:12 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 17:57:05 +0100, Omega > wrote:

>On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
>> Outrageous
>>
>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>
>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands and
>> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged for
>> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>
>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
>> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the pavement.
>> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her daughter,
>> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child. Her
>> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>

>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>

>Perhaps the cyclist felt safer on the pavement because mum had double
>parked? Or maybe it was the other driver?

Which vehicles do you think were double parked then?

Omega
May 24th 15, 07:49 PM
On 24/05/2015 19:12, Judith wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2015 17:57:05 +0100, Omega > wrote:
>
>> On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
>>> Outrageous
>>>
>>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>>
>>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands and
>>> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged for
>>> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>>
>>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
>>> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the pavement.
>>> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her daughter,
>>> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child. Her
>>> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>>

>>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>>
>>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>>

>> Perhaps the cyclist felt safer on the pavement because mum had double
>> parked? Or maybe it was the other driver?
>

> Which vehicles do you think were double parked then?

As the video starts, mums' car, silver is parked opposite a white car on
the other side of the road. My guess of course, but as the red car and
the blue car pass from right to left there doesn't appear to be two
lanes available between the silver and white cars.

From my perspective, if my judgement of space between the two parked
cars is wrong then you or anyone else, do comment.

We should not detract, if a cyclist chooses to ride the pavement,
whether legal or not he should take responsibility for the safety of
others using the pavement at least!

omega

jnugent
May 24th 15, 08:11 PM
On 24/05/2015 16:33, burfordTjustice wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:02:52 +0100
> Judith > wrote:
>
>> Outrageous
>>
>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>
>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face,
>> hands and knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist
>> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>
>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just
>> as a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along
>> the pavement. Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in
>> front of her daughter, instantly turns around and runs after the
>> cyclist and the screaming child. Her father is also seen jumping the
>> front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>

>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>

> Look left, right and left before stepping out....

....onto the FOOTway?

jnugent
May 24th 15, 08:21 PM
On 24/05/2015 16:45, Fredxxx wrote:
> On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
>> Outrageous
>>
>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>
>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face,
>> hands and
>> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and
>> dragged for
>> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>
>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
>> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the
>> pavement.
>> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her
>> daughter,
>> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming
>> child. Her
>> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>

>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>

> Wow - yes. Just as well it wasn't anything bigger than a bike.
>
> What would have happened to the cyclist if he hadn't cycled away?

At a guess, he would have been apprehended and detained until the
arrival of the police.

The father of the injured child might have wished to exchange a few
words with him as well.

And why not?

Tony Dragon
May 24th 15, 08:46 PM
On 24/05/2015 16:33, burfordTjustice wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:02:52 +0100
> Judith > wrote:
>
>> Outrageous
>>
>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>
>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face,
>> hands and knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist
>> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>
>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just
>> as a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along
>> the pavement. Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in
>> front of her daughter, instantly turns around and runs after the
>> cyclist and the screaming child. Her father is also seen jumping the
>> front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>

>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>

> Look left, right and left before stepping out....

So the child was in the wrong?
And as you have not commented about the cyclist, it seems that you think
he did no harm.
Please respond if otherwise.

---

Tony Dragon
May 24th 15, 08:47 PM
On 24/05/2015 19:49, Omega wrote:
> On 24/05/2015 19:12, Judith wrote:

>>> Perhaps the cyclist felt safer on the pavement because mum had double
>>> parked? Or maybe it was the other driver?
>>

>> Which vehicles do you think were double parked then?
>>

> As the video starts, mums' car, silver is parked opposite a white car on
> the other side of the road. My guess of course, but as the red car and
> the blue car pass from right to left there doesn't appear to be two
> lanes available between the silver and white cars.
>
> From my perspective, if my judgement of space between the two parked
> cars is wrong then you or anyone else, do comment.
>
> We should not detract, if a cyclist chooses to ride the pavement,
> whether legal or not he should take responsibility for the safety of
> others using the pavement at least!
>
> omega

And that is your idea of double parking, how quaint.

---

Omega
May 24th 15, 09:06 PM
On 24/05/2015 20:47, Tony Dragon wrote:
> On 24/05/2015 19:49, Omega wrote:

>>> Which vehicles do you think were double parked then?
>>>

>> As the video starts, mums' car, silver is parked opposite a white car on
>> the other side of the road. My guess of course, but as the red car and
>> the blue car pass from right to left there doesn't appear to be two
>> lanes available between the silver and white cars.
>>
>> From my perspective, if my judgement of space between the two parked
>> cars is wrong then you or anyone else, do comment.
>>
>> We should not detract, if a cyclist chooses to ride the pavement,
>> whether legal or not he should take responsibility for the safety of
>> others using the pavement at least!
>>
>> omega
>>

> And that is your idea of double parking, how quaint.
>
> ---
> protection is active.

Sorry, had no idea you were out dogging! I would have not intruded in
your post otherwise. Mea Culpa.

omega

omega

Tony Dragon
May 24th 15, 11:17 PM
On 24/05/2015 21:06, Omega wrote:
> On 24/05/2015 20:47, Tony Dragon wrote:

>>> As the video starts, mums' car, silver is parked opposite a white car on
>>> the other side of the road. My guess of course, but as the red car and
>>> the blue car pass from right to left there doesn't appear to be two
>>> lanes available between the silver and white cars.
>>>
>>> From my perspective, if my judgement of space between the two parked
>>> cars is wrong then you or anyone else, do comment.
>>>
>>> We should not detract, if a cyclist chooses to ride the pavement,
>>> whether legal or not he should take responsibility for the safety of
>>> others using the pavement at least!
>>>
>>> omega
>>>

>> And that is your idea of double parking, how quaint.
>>
>> ---
>> protection is active.
>>

> Sorry, had no idea you were out dogging! I would have not intruded in
> your post otherwise. Mea Culpa.
>
> omega
>

> omega

Oh dear, how desperate is that reply.

---

Tarcap
May 25th 15, 10:46 AM
"Tony Dragon" wrote in message ...

On 24/05/2015 21:06, Omega wrote:
> On 24/05/2015 20:47, Tony Dragon wrote:

>>> As the video starts, mums' car, silver is parked opposite a white car on
>>> the other side of the road. My guess of course, but as the red car and
>>> the blue car pass from right to left there doesn't appear to be two
>>> lanes available between the silver and white cars.
>>>
>>> From my perspective, if my judgement of space between the two parked
>>> cars is wrong then you or anyone else, do comment.
>>>
>>> We should not detract, if a cyclist chooses to ride the pavement,
>>> whether legal or not he should take responsibility for the safety of
>>> others using the pavement at least!
>>>
>>> omega
>>>

>> And that is your idea of double parking, how quaint.
>>
>> ---
>> protection is active.
>>

> Sorry, had no idea you were out dogging! I would have not intruded in
> your post otherwise. Mea Culpa.
>
> omega
>

> omega

Oh dear, how desperate is that reply.

Psycholists SOP. When losing an argument, always revert to insults. They
just can't help themselves.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 25th 15, 10:49 AM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 11:33:03 -0400, burfordTjustice wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:02:52 +0100 Judith >
> wrote:
>
>> Outrageous
>>
>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>
>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face,
>> hands and knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist
>> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>
>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as
>> a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the
>> pavement. Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front
>> of her daughter, instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and
>> the screaming child. Her father is also seen jumping the front wall in
>> pursuit of the cyclist.
>>

>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-
and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

> Look left, right and left before stepping out....

To a three-year-old?

F Murtz[_2_]
May 25th 15, 12:09 PM
Judith wrote:
> Outrageous
>
> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>
> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands and
> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged for
> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>
> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the pavement.
> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her daughter,
> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child. Her
> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>

> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

As riding on the footpath does not happen as it is illegal there is no
reason for the girl to suspect that danger is imminent.

Judith[_4_]
May 25th 15, 12:39 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 14:21:17 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason >
wrote:

>On Sunday, 24 May 2015 18:14:52 UTC+1, Juan Carr wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 May 2015 11:33:03 -0400, burfordTjustice
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >Look left, right and left before stepping out....
>>
>> Indeed.
>>
>> Some of us grew up being swamped with Tufty The Squirrel telling us
>> exactly that.
>>
>> Nowadays, ask these kids who Tufty The Squirrel is and they'll ask "is
>> it on PS4 or Nintendo?"
>>
>> You're doomed.
>
>Outside our driveway the local council drive motor mowers on the footpath/grass verge
> and only a poor parent would allow a toddler to wander off in front of its path while it is grass cutting.

Perhaps the mother in question made sure that there were no dangerous mowing
vehicles in the street.

She had not considered a ****wit cyclist breaking the law - or perhaps she had
even checked that there were no dangers near by - forgetting that some cyclists
travel at 20mph when there may be children about. That's what you said you
did, isn't it?

Judith[_4_]
May 25th 15, 12:41 PM
On Mon, 25 May 2015 02:06:38 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason >
wrote:

>On Monday, 25 May 2015 09:41:08 UTC+1, kat wrote:
>> Simon Mason wrote:

>> > Here's the grass and as you can see, they do a good job. You can also
>> > see how they have to drive over the footpath.
>> >
>> > https://goo.gl/maps/WS8eo
>>
>> And very nice too, but where is the grass in the case we are talking about?
>> Why should a mother expect a motor mower on that particular stretch?
>
>She should expect hazards on a public footpath

Do you mean like ****wit cyclists breaking the law?

Judith[_4_]
May 25th 15, 12:43 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 20:21:22 +0100, JNugent > wrote:

>On 24/05/2015 16:45, Fredxxx wrote:
>> On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
>>> Outrageous
>>>
>>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>>
>>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face,
>>> hands and
>>> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and
>>> dragged for
>>> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>>
>>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
>>> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the
>>> pavement.
>>> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her
>>> daughter,
>>> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming
>>> child. Her
>>> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>>

>>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>>
>>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>>

>> Wow - yes. Just as well it wasn't anything bigger than a bike.
>>
>> What would have happened to the cyclist if he hadn't cycled away?
>
>At a guess, he would have been apprehended and detained until the
>arrival of the police.
>
>The father of the injured child might have wished to exchange a few
>words with him as well.
>
>And why not?

I wonder if the parents of the child should bring a civil action against the
cyclist?

I may think of starting a crowd-source funding exercise for them.

Judith[_4_]
May 25th 15, 12:47 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 19:49:11 +0100, Omega > wrote:

>On 24/05/2015 19:12, Judith wrote:

>>> Perhaps the cyclist felt safer on the pavement because mum had double
>>> parked? Or maybe it was the other driver?
>>

>> Which vehicles do you think were double parked then?
>>

>As the video starts, mums' car, silver is parked opposite a white car on
>the other side of the road.

And there was me thinking that double parked meant parking alongside another
vehicle already parked parallel to the curb - and nothing to do with parking on
the other side of the road.

She was not double parked.
The child was injured.
The cyclist broke the law.
The cyclist is a knob.

Judith[_4_]
May 25th 15, 12:49 PM
On Mon, 25 May 2015 04:13:05 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason >
wrote:

>On Monday, 25 May 2015 12:09:39 UTC+1, F Murtz wrote:
>
>> As riding on the footpath does not happen as it is illegal there is no
>> reason for the girl to suspect that danger is imminent.
>
>Same as driving on the pavement which is also illegal but happens all the time.
>See: http://www.swldxer.co.uk/parkers1.jpg

Relevance to the article: 0
Mother or child at fault: 0

Attempt to divert thread : 100
Cyclist at fault: 100

Vidcapper
May 25th 15, 04:29 PM
On 25/05/2015 12:09, F Murtz wrote:

>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>

> As riding on the footpath does not happen as it is illegal there is no
> reason for the girl to suspect that danger is imminent.

At that age, her biggest concern would be 'where is my favourite cuddly
toy?'

--

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham

Ian Smith
May 25th 15, 06:12 PM
On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:45:13 +0100, Fredxxx > wrote:
> On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
> > Outrageous
> >
> > ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
> >

> > The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
> >
> > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

Managed not to link to the Independent article that said actually the
cyclist didn't ride off afterwards and stopped and talked to the
mother. No surprise there then.

Or noticed that even in the first article, it is reported that the
cyclist went to the police. No surprise there the either

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 26th 15, 10:38 AM
On Mon, 25 May 2015 10:46:00 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> ****wits

Why do people insult others?

Once someone includes an insult, subtly or blatantly, the focus shifts
from the opinion to the insult and people naturally tune out any points
you may have had.

Worse, insulters are not considered competent enough to provide any
meaningful input, because using insults make them look foolish.

Tarcap
May 26th 15, 11:36 AM
"Ian Smith" wrote in message
. ..

On Sun, 24 May 2015 16:45:13 +0100, Fredxxx > wrote:
> On 24/05/2015 16:02, Judith wrote:
> > Outrageous
> >
> > ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
> >

> > The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
> >
> > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

Managed not to link to the Independent article that said actually the
cyclist didn't ride off afterwards and stopped and talked to the
mother. No surprise there then.

Or noticed that even in the first article, it is reported that the
cyclist went to the police. No surprise there the either

Yes, once his picture had been widely published on social media.
Does tend to lessen the impact of being traced and the police turning up on
your doorstep and feeling your collar.

Definitely no surprise, then.

Tarcap
May 26th 15, 11:37 AM
"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 25 May 2015 10:46:00 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> ****wits

Why do people insult others?

Why do some people need insulting?

Mr Pounder Esquire
May 26th 15, 03:31 PM
"Judith" > wrote in message
> Outrageous
>
> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>
> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands
> and
> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged
> for
> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>
> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the
> pavement.
> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her
> daughter,
> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child.
> Her
> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>

> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>
> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315

Rob Morley
May 26th 15, 04:01 PM
On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100
"Mr Pounder Esquire" > wrote:

> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315

"horrifying injuries" AKA a bit of road rash on her face.
I'm not saying the the bike rider wasn't a ****, or the kid shouldn't
be upset, but kids get similar scrapes from tripping while running in
the playground - Blackpool Gazette needs to reduce the sensationalism
before people think it's the Daily Wail.

Mr Pounder Esquire
May 26th 15, 04:09 PM
"Rob Morley" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100
> "Mr Pounder Esquire" > wrote:
>
>> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315
>>
> "horrifying injuries" AKA a bit of road rash on her face.
> I'm not saying the the bike rider wasn't a ****, or the kid shouldn't
> be upset, but kids get similar scrapes from tripping while running in
> the playground - Blackpool Gazette needs to reduce the sensationalism
> before people think it's the Daily Wail.

As a cyclist you would say that.
I sincerely hope that this ****** gets the maximum fine. And then a bloody
good hiding.

jnugent
May 26th 15, 04:25 PM
On 26/05/2015 16:01, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100
> "Mr Pounder Esquire" > wrote:
>
>> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315
>>
> "horrifying injuries" AKA a bit of road rash on her face.

Were you ever the parent of a three-yr-old child?

Those injuries would have horrified me had they happened to a child of mine.

The assailant would have been at risk of a severe talking-to.

> I'm not saying the the bike rider wasn't a ****

Good. Because that's what he is (and a lot of similar cyclists are).

> or the kid shouldn't
> be upset, but kids get similar scrapes from tripping while running in
> the playground - Blackpool Gazette needs to reduce the sensationalism
> before people think it's the Daily Wail.

So you reckon it'd be OK to assault a child, causing that sort of
injury, then, because the same might happen in the playground?

It doesn't sound like much of a defence, to be honest.

MrCheerful
May 26th 15, 04:27 PM
On 26/05/2015 16:01, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100
> "Mr Pounder Esquire" > wrote:
>
>> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315
>>
> "horrifying injuries" AKA a bit of road rash on her face.
> I'm not saying the the bike rider wasn't a ****, or the kid shouldn't
> be upset, but kids get similar scrapes from tripping while running in
> the playground - Blackpool Gazette needs to reduce the sensationalism
> before people think it's the Daily Wail.

The totally unnecessary injuries were caused by one thing: a cyclist
breaking the laws of the road and of simple respect for others. Just
because worse things could happen elsewhere does not reduce the
cyclist's level of blame for the injuries caused.

Mick[_5_]
May 26th 15, 06:22 PM
On 26/05/2015 16:27, Mrcheerful wrote:
> On 26/05/2015 16:01, Rob Morley wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100
>> "Mr Pounder Esquire" > wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315
>>>

>> "horrifying injuries" AKA a bit of road rash on her face.
>> I'm not saying the the bike rider wasn't a ****, or the kid shouldn't
>> be upset, but kids get similar scrapes from tripping while running in
>> the playground - Blackpool Gazette needs to reduce the sensationalism
>> before people think it's the Daily Wail.
>>

> The totally unnecessary injuries were caused by one thing: a cyclist
> breaking the laws of the road and of simple respect for others. Just
> because worse things could happen elsewhere does not reduce the
> cyclist's level of blame for the injuries caused.

He was very lucky that the childs father got hold of him and not me.
*******!

Judith[_4_]
May 26th 15, 07:06 PM
On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
> wrote:

>"Judith" > wrote in message
>> Outrageous
>>
>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>
>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands
>> and
>> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged
>> for
>> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>
>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
>> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the
>> pavement.
>> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her
>> daughter,
>> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child.
>> Her
>> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>

>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>
>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>
>http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315

Excellent news. They should be summonsed more often for just cycling on the
pavement: even before they hit someone.

jnugent
May 27th 15, 12:30 AM
On 26/05/2015 19:06, Judith wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Judith" > wrote in message
>>> Outrageous
>>>
>>> ...... dragged for 12ft along the pavement - video
>>>
>>> A three-year-old girl was left with cuts and bruises to her face, hands
>>> and
>>> knees after she was knocked over by a "hit-and-run" cyclist and dragged
>>> for
>>> 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.
>>>
>>> Little Lucie Wilding can be seen running out of her front gate just as a
>>> cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged her along the
>>> pavement.
>>> Her mother, who can be seen getting into a car just in front of her
>>> daughter,
>>> instantly turns around and runs after the cyclist and the screaming child.
>>> Her
>>> father is also seen jumping the front wall in pursuit of the cyclist.
>>>

>>> The cyclist rode off after the accident: - no surprise there then.
>>>
>>> http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/threeyearold-girl-hit-by-cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html
>>
>> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-summons-1-7279315
>>>

> Excellent news. They should be summonsed more often for just cycling on the
> pavement: even before they hit someone.

+1.

Judith[_4_]
May 27th 15, 08:27 AM
On Tue, 26 May 2015 14:35:14 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, 26 May 2015 16:36:16 UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

>> > As a cyclist you would say that.
>> > I sincerely hope that this ****** gets the maximum fine. And then a bloody
>> > good hiding.
>>
>> Two years in jail for this piece of scum - result!
>>
>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/8216-Drink-drive-mum-killed-8217-Son-Hull-City/story-26497546-detail/story.html
>
>Another good result - jail for 28 months for this scum.
>
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3089187/BMW-driver-three-times-limit-left-woman-wheelchair-bound.html

Oh dear: the pyscholist's usual approach - try and change a discussion about
themselves to one about drivers. It is the only "defence" that they have.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 27th 15, 10:40 AM
On Tue, 26 May 2015 11:37:31 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> Why do some people need insulting?

I am a bicyclist.
I feel very honoured to be complimented by you.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 27th 15, 10:42 AM
On Tue, 26 May 2015 16:09:24 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> "Rob Morley" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100 "Mr Pounder Esquire"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-
summons-1-7279315

>> "horrifying injuries" AKA a bit of road rash on her face.
>> I'm not saying the the bike rider wasn't a ****, or the kid shouldn't
>> be upset, but kids get similar scrapes from tripping while running in
>> the playground - Blackpool Gazette needs to reduce the sensationalism
>> before people think it's the Daily Wail.
>>

> As a cyclist you would say that.
> I sincerely hope that this ****** gets the maximum fine. And then a
> bloody good hiding.

With the cat o' nine tails followed by the wire brush.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 27th 15, 10:43 AM
On Wed, 27 May 2015 08:27:13 +0100, Judith wrote:

> ****wit's

Thanks very much grand madam for that great compliment.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 27th 15, 10:44 AM
On Wed, 27 May 2015 00:30:09 +0100, JNugent wrote:

> On 26/05/2015 19:06, Judith wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
>> > wrote:

cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

>>> http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/news/crime/dangerous-cycling-
summons-1-7279315

>> Excellent news. They should be summonsed more often for just cycling on
>> the pavement: even before they hit someone.
>
> +1.

+1

steve robinson
May 27th 15, 10:46 AM
Peter Keller wrote:

> On Wed, 27 May 2015 00:30:09 +0100, JNugent wrote:
>
> > On 26/05/2015 19:06, Judith wrote:
> >> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

> cyclist >>>> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.

> just >>>> as a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged
> her along >>>> the pavement.
> her >>>> daughter,
> screaming >>>> child.

> then.

> cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

> summons-1-7279315
> > > > >

> >> Excellent news. They should be summonsed more often for just
> cycling on >> the pavement: even before they hit someone.
> >
> > +1.
>
> +1

They need to carry insurance minimally,

Col. Edmund Burke[_4_]
May 27th 15, 12:58 PM
"Peter Keller" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 08:27:13 +0100, Judith wrote:
>
>> ****wit's
>
> Thanks very much grand madam for that great compliment.

When will those limeys learn to spell proper engrish?
LOL

Ophelia[_7_]
May 27th 15, 01:53 PM
"steve robinson" > wrote in message
> Peter Keller wrote:

>> cyclist >>>> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.

>> just >>>> as a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged
>> her along >>>> the pavement.
>> her >>>> daughter,
>> screaming >>>> child.

>> then.

>> cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

>> summons-1-7279315

>> cycling on >> the pavement: even before they hit someone.
>> >
>> > +1.
>>
>> +1
>
> They need to carry insurance minimally,

There was a prog on radio4 yesterday discussing whether cyclists should have
insurance and someone wanted a big number on the cyclists back so they could
be indentified:)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Adia
May 27th 15, 04:21 PM
Ophelia wrote:

>There was a prog on radio4 yesterday discussing whether cyclists should have
>insurance and someone wanted a big number on the cyclists back so they could
>be indentified:)

I am not sure it wouldn't be a bad idea if everyone had to wear a big
number on their back so they could be identified?

Rob Morley
May 27th 15, 05:06 PM
On Wed, 27 May 2015 16:21:51 +0100
Adia > wrote:

> Ophelia wrote:
>
> >There was a prog on radio4 yesterday discussing whether cyclists
> >should have insurance and someone wanted a big number on the
> >cyclists back so they could be indentified:)
>
> I am not sure it wouldn't be a bad idea if everyone had to wear a big
> number on their back so they could be identified?

Just stick an RFID tag in them all and be done with it. :-)

Rob Morley
May 27th 15, 05:26 PM
On Wed, 27 May 2015 09:42:16 +0000 (UTC)
Peter Keller > wrote:

> On Tue, 26 May 2015 16:09:24 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>
> > "Rob Morley" > wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 26 May 2015 15:31:58 +0100 "Mr Pounder Esquire"

> summons-1-7279315
> >>>
> >> "horrifying injuries" AKA a bit of road rash on her face.
> >> I'm not saying the the bike rider wasn't a ****, or the kid
> >> shouldn't be upset, but kids get similar scrapes from tripping
> >> while running in the playground - Blackpool Gazette needs to
> >> reduce the sensationalism before people think it's the Daily Wail.
> >>

> > As a cyclist you would say that.
> > I sincerely hope that this ****** gets the maximum fine. And then a
> > bloody good hiding.
>
> With the cat o' nine tails followed by the wire brush.

Seriously though, birching would be an appropriate punishment for this
sort of behaviour, with a bit of community service thrown in for good
measure. Or maybe start with community service, and add the birch if
they don't take it seriously. I only used to read Fred Basset,
honest guv. :-)

Ophelia[_7_]
May 27th 15, 05:33 PM
"Rob Morley" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 16:21:51 +0100
> Adia > wrote:
>
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> >There was a prog on radio4 yesterday discussing whether cyclists
>> >should have insurance and someone wanted a big number on the
>> >cyclists back so they could be indentified:)
>>
>> I am not sure it wouldn't be a bad idea if everyone had to wear a big
>> number on their back so they could be identified?
>>
> Just stick an RFID tag in them all and be done with it. :-)

Can't beat a big number on his back though:) You will see them as they try
to escape:)

What do you say, Simon?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Mr Pounder Esquire
May 27th 15, 05:52 PM
"Rob Morley" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 09:42:16 +0000 (UTC)
> Peter Keller > wrote:

>> summons-1-7279315

>> > As a cyclist you would say that.
>> > I sincerely hope that this ****** gets the maximum fine. And then a
>> > bloody good hiding.
>>
>> With the cat o' nine tails followed by the wire brush.
>
> Seriously though, birching would be an appropriate punishment for this
> sort of behaviour, with a bit of community service thrown in for good
> measure. Or maybe start with community service, and add the birch if
> they don't take it seriously. I only used to read Fred Basset,
> honest guv. :-)

He is being charged with dangerous cycling. When found guilty he will have a
criminal conviction.

Rob Morley
May 27th 15, 09:07 PM
On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:52:57 +0100
"Mr Pounder Esquire" > wrote:

> He is being charged with dangerous cycling. When found guilty he will
> have a criminal conviction.

But will it hurt, will it make him cry?

David Lang
May 28th 15, 08:13 AM
On 27/05/2015 13:53, Ophelia wrote:

> "steve robinson" > wrote in message
>> Peter Keller wrote:

>>> cyclist >>>> and dragged for 12ft outside her home in Blackpool.

>>> just >>>> as a cyclist passes by, who collided with her and dragged
>>> her along >>>> the pavement.
>>> her >>>> daughter,
>>> screaming >>>> child.

>>> then.

>>> cyclist-and-dragged-for-12ft-along-the-pavement--video-10267739.html

>>> summons-1-7279315

>>> cycling on >> the pavement: even before they hit someone.

>>> +1
>>
>> They need to carry insurance minimally,
>
> There was a prog on radio4 yesterday discussing whether cyclists should
> have insurance and someone wanted a big number on the cyclists back so
> they could be indentified:)

What an absolutely excellent idea.

Mr Pounder Esquire
May 28th 15, 11:20 AM
"Rob Morley" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:52:57 +0100
> "Mr Pounder Esquire" > wrote:
>
>> He is being charged with dangerous cycling. When found guilty he will
>> have a criminal conviction.
>>
> But will it hurt, will it make him cry?

Yes.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 29th 15, 10:27 AM
On Thu, 28 May 2015 11:20:35 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> "Rob Morley" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:52:57 +0100 "Mr Pounder Esquire"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> He is being charged with dangerous cycling. When found guilty he will
>>> have a criminal conviction.
>>>
>> But will it hurt, will it make him cry?
>
> Yes.

Hurt, I hope so.
Cry, I doubt it.
People like that are psychopaths. Totally devoid of feeling, emotion or
empathy.

Tarcap
May 29th 15, 11:36 AM
"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 28 May 2015 11:20:35 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> "Rob Morley" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:52:57 +0100 "Mr Pounder Esquire"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> He is being charged with dangerous cycling. When found guilty he will
>>> have a criminal conviction.
>>>
>> But will it hurt, will it make him cry?
>
> Yes.

Hurt, I hope so.
Cry, I doubt it.
People like that are psycholists. Totally devoid of feeling, emotion or
empathy.

There, I've fixed it for you.

Fredxxx
May 29th 15, 05:09 PM
On 25/05/2015 12:43, Judith wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2015 20:21:22 +0100, JNugent > wrote:

>>> Wow - yes. Just as well it wasn't anything bigger than a bike.
>>>
>>> What would have happened to the cyclist if he hadn't cycled away?
>>
>> At a guess, he would have been apprehended and detained until the
>> arrival of the police.
>>
>> The father of the injured child might have wished to exchange a few
>> words with him as well.
>>
>> And why not?
>

> I wonder if the parents of the child should bring a civil action against the
> cyclist?
>
> I may think of starting a crowd-source funding exercise for them.

Yes, there could be one for the cyclist as well.

Mr Pounder Esquire
May 29th 15, 05:41 PM
"Fredxxx" > wrote in message
> On 25/05/2015 12:43, Judith wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 May 2015 20:21:22 +0100, JNugent >
>> wrote:

>>> At a guess, he would have been apprehended and detained until the
>>> arrival of the police.
>>>
>>> The father of the injured child might have wished to exchange a few
>>> words with him as well.
>>>
>>> And why not?
>>

>> I wonder if the parents of the child should bring a civil action against
>> the
>> cyclist?
>>
>> I may think of starting a crowd-source funding exercise for them.
>
> Yes, there could be one for the cyclist as well.

Cyclists pay?????????!!!!!!!!!
You are having a laff.

Rob Morley
May 29th 15, 08:02 PM
On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:27:33 +0000 (UTC)
Peter Keller > wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 2015 11:20:35 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>
> > "Rob Morley" > wrote in message
> >> On Wed, 27 May 2015 17:52:57 +0100 "Mr Pounder Esquire"

> >> But will it hurt, will it make him cry?
> >
> > Yes.
> >>

> Hurt, I hope so.
> Cry, I doubt it.
> People like that are psychopaths. Totally devoid of feeling,
> emotion or empathy.

I think that's an exaggeration - often they're just thoughtless,
selfish or plain stupid. Lack of empathy just puts them somewhere on
the autistic spectrum - sociopaths are actually good at empathising,
it's part of what makes them good at manipulating others, they just
don't /care/ about how others feel.
There are undoubtedly many kids who suffer from lack of adequate
parental or other guidance, so are irresponsible and unaware of
society's expectation of acceptable behaviour, that doesn't make them
"immune" in the way that sociopaths are, just ignorant and antisocial.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 30th 15, 09:21 AM
On Fri, 29 May 2015 11:36:37 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> ****wits.

Thanks great sir for that kind compliment.
Now please forward to me from you the further accolade of being insane,
arrogant, deceitful, and demented.
I would ejaculate with joy!

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 30th 15, 09:24 AM
On Fri, 29 May 2015 20:02:04 +0100, Rob Morley wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 2015 09:27:33 +0000 (UTC)
> Peter Keller > wrote:

>> > Yes.
>> >>

>> Hurt, I hope so.
>> Cry, I doubt it.
>> People like that are psychopaths. Totally devoid of feeling,
>> emotion or empathy.
>
> I think that's an exaggeration - often they're just thoughtless, selfish
> or plain stupid. Lack of empathy just puts them somewhere on the
> autistic spectrum - sociopaths are actually good at empathising, it's
> part of what makes them good at manipulating others, they just don't
> /care/ about how others feel.
> There are undoubtedly many kids who suffer from lack of adequate
> parental or other guidance, so are irresponsible and unaware of
> society's expectation of acceptable behaviour, that doesn't make them
> "immune" in the way that sociopaths are, just ignorant and antisocial.

yes but riding at high speed on a footpath in an area known to be
frequented by young children in prams or otherwise signals to me
something more than being merely thoughtless, selfish or just plain
stupid.

Rob Morley
May 30th 15, 02:14 PM
On Sat, 30 May 2015 08:24:49 +0000 (UTC)
Peter Keller > wrote:

> yes but riding at high speed on a footpath in an area known to be
> frequented by young children in prams or otherwise signals to me
> something more than being merely thoughtless, selfish or just plain
> stupid.

No normal cyclist tries to hit things, because the chances are he'll
break some part of his bike or hurt some part of himself. I think it's
safe to say that this cyclist was either in a hurry, or having too much
fun, and caught up in the moment he forgot to pay attention to safety,
both his own and others'.

MrCheerful
May 30th 15, 03:08 PM
On 30/05/2015 14:14, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Sat, 30 May 2015 08:24:49 +0000 (UTC)
> Peter Keller > wrote:
>
>> yes but riding at high speed on a footpath in an area known to be
>> frequented by young children in prams or otherwise signals to me
>> something more than being merely thoughtless, selfish or just plain
>> stupid.
>
> No normal cyclist tries to hit things, because the chances are he'll
> break some part of his bike or hurt some part of himself. I think it's
> safe to say that this cyclist was either in a hurry, or having too much
> fun, and caught up in the moment he forgot to pay attention to safety,
> both his own and others'.

So the charge of dangerous cycling was correct.

jnugent
May 30th 15, 05:33 PM
On 30/05/2015 14:14, Rob Morley wrote:

> Peter Keller > wrote:
>
>> yes but riding at high speed on a footpath in an area known to be
>> frequented by young children in prams or otherwise signals to me
>> something more than being merely thoughtless, selfish or just plain
>> stupid.
>
> No normal cyclist tries to hit things, because the chances are he'll
> break some part of his bike or hurt some part of himself.

Does *any* road-user try to hit things?

> I think it's
> safe to say that this cyclist was either in a hurry, or having too much
> fun, and caught up in the moment he forgot to pay attention to safety,
> both his own and others'.

So you wouldn't agree that for whatever reason, he was just being a
reckless, selfish, anti-social yob?

[And "yob" is the mildest of the several words I considered using there.]

Mr Pounder Esquire
May 30th 15, 07:04 PM
"JNugent" > wrote in message
> On 30/05/2015 14:14, Rob Morley wrote:
>
>> Peter Keller > wrote:
>>
>>> yes but riding at high speed on a footpath in an area known to be
>>> frequented by young children in prams or otherwise signals to me
>>> something more than being merely thoughtless, selfish or just plain
>>> stupid.
>>
>> No normal cyclist tries to hit things, because the chances are he'll
>> break some part of his bike or hurt some part of himself.
>
> Does *any* road-user try to hit things?
>
>> I think it's
>> safe to say that this cyclist was either in a hurry, or having too much
>> fun, and caught up in the moment he forgot to pay attention to safety,
>> both his own and others'.
>
> So you wouldn't agree that for whatever reason, he was just being a
> reckless, selfish, anti-social yob?
>
> [And "yob" is the mildest of the several words I considered using there.]

You are far too polite.
I'm not.

Tarcap
May 30th 15, 09:06 PM

Peter Keller > wrote:

> yes but riding at high speed on a footpath in an area known to be
> frequented by young children in prams or otherwise signals to me
> something more than being merely thoughtless, selfish or just plain
> stupid.

No normal cyclist tries to hit things, because the chances are he'll
break some part of his bike or hurt some part of himself.

Bit of an admittance there, if you ask me. So that's the only reason, then -
not perhaps because they don't want to harm other people, or other people's
property, but because they don't want to damage their bike or hurt themself.
It just about pretty much confirms most people's view of cyclists, then.

Peter Keller[_3_]
May 31st 15, 10:24 AM
On Sat, 30 May 2015 19:04:07 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> "JNugent" > wrote in message

>>> No normal cyclist tries to hit things, because the chances are he'll
>>> break some part of his bike or hurt some part of himself.
>>
>> Does *any* road-user try to hit things?
>>
>>> I think it's safe to say that this cyclist was either in a hurry, or
>>> having too much fun, and caught up in the moment he forgot to pay
>>> attention to safety, both his own and others'.
>>
>> So you wouldn't agree that for whatever reason, he was just being a
>> reckless, selfish, anti-social yob?
>>
>> [And "yob" is the mildest of the several words I considered using
>> there.]
>
> You are far too polite.
> I'm not.

Thank God for that.