PDA

View Full Version : Wired or wireless cycle computer/odometer?

Bod[_5_]
June 8th 15, 11:38 AM
I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using them?
--
Bod

colwyn[_2_]
June 8th 15, 11:51 AM
On 08/06/2015 11:38, Bod wrote:
> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using them?

I prefer wired. No difference in measurement, but you don't need to
replace 2 batteries. But that is just me!

Rob Morley
June 8th 15, 12:39 PM
On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:38:06 +0100
Bod > wrote:

> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using
> them?

I had a cheap wireless one (from Lidl, I think, with heart monitor)
which worked fine, except if I had it in my pocket when I went into a
shop with security scanners on the door it went crazy.
IME wired computers aren't any trouble as long as you route the wire
carefully and secure it adequately - I usually wrap it around the front
brake cable.
You need to be careful with either type if you're in the habit of
dropping wheels out to put the bike in your car, but at least if you
snag a wireless sensor it won't rip the wire out. :-)

Alycidon
June 8th 15, 01:06 PM
On Monday, 8 June 2015 13:38:09 UTC+3, Bod wrote:
> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using them?
> --
> Bod

Why not use a Garmin Edge?
Great if you get lost too.

http://www.garmin.com/uk/training

Bod[_5_]
June 8th 15, 01:34 PM
On 08/06/2015 11:51, colwyn wrote:
> On 08/06/2015 11:38, Bod wrote:
>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
>> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using
>> them?
>
> I prefer wired. No difference in measurement, but you don't need to
> replace 2 batteries. But that is just me!

Ok, thanks.

Bod[_5_]
June 8th 15, 02:23 PM
On 08/06/2015 12:39, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:38:06 +0100
> Bod > wrote:
>
>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
>> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using
>> them?
>
> I had a cheap wireless one (from Lidl, I think, with heart monitor)
> which worked fine, except if I had it in my pocket when I went into a
> shop with security scanners on the door it went crazy.
> IME wired computers aren't any trouble as long as you route the wire
> carefully and secure it adequately - I usually wrap it around the front
> brake cable.
> You need to be careful with either type if you're in the habit of
> dropping wheels out to put the bike in your car, but at least if you
> snag a wireless sensor it won't rip the wire out. :-)

I've never had a problem with the wired type. I just fancied a wireless
one for a change.
Thanks.

Bod[_5_]
June 8th 15, 02:26 PM
On 08/06/2015 13:06, Alycidon wrote:
> On Monday, 8 June 2015 13:38:09 UTC+3, Bod wrote:
>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
>> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using them?
>> --
>> Bod
>
> Why not use a Garmin Edge?
> Great if you get lost too.
>
> http://www.garmin.com/uk/training

Interesting, but a little OTT for the distances that I cover (6 to 8
miles......on a sunny day day :-)
Nice bit of kit that Garmin Edge though.

Tosspot[_3_]
June 8th 15, 08:00 PM
On 08/06/15 12:38, Bod wrote:
> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using them?

Ime sender battery goes flat after 5 revolutions of the wheel :-( Ok, I
exaggerate, but they are a pain imho,

TMS320
June 8th 15, 08:07 PM
"Bod" > wrote
> On 08/06/2015 13:06, Alycidon wrote:

>> Why not use a Garmin Edge?
>> Great if you get lost too.
>>
>> http://www.garmin.com/uk/training
>>
> Interesting, but a little OTT for the distances that I cover (6 to 8
> miles......on a sunny day day :-)
> Nice bit of kit that Garmin Edge though.

Depends on which one. The Edge 200 is the cheapest and intended as a basic
computer replacement but it is buggy and displays silly stuff such as
unfeasible numbers of calories and doesn't have a usable clock.

If what is wanted is a ride logger in the pannier and weather proofing not
important, I suggest smartphones are now more capable at a
much lower price. I have an Alcatel C1 Pop (now down to £20-30) and the gps
tracklogs are actually better than the 200. Battery life (in aeroplane mode)
seems little different. So a basic computer still sits on the handlebar.

Nick[_4_]
June 8th 15, 09:27 PM
On 08/06/2015 20:07, TMS320 wrote:
> "Bod" > wrote
>> On 08/06/2015 13:06, Alycidon wrote:
>
>>> Why not use a Garmin Edge?
>>> Great if you get lost too.
>>>
>>> http://www.garmin.com/uk/training
>>>
>> Interesting, but a little OTT for the distances that I cover (6 to 8
>> miles......on a sunny day day :-)
>> Nice bit of kit that Garmin Edge though.
>
> Depends on which one. The Edge 200 is the cheapest and intended as a basic
> computer replacement but it is buggy and displays silly stuff such as
> unfeasible numbers of calories and doesn't have a usable clock.
>
> If what is wanted is a ride logger in the pannier and weather proofing not
> important, I suggest smartphones are now more capable at a
> much lower price. I have an Alcatel C1 Pop (now down to £20-30) and the gps
> tracklogs are actually better than the 200. Battery life (in aeroplane mode)
> seems little different. So a basic computer still sits on the handlebar.

I have a Garmin Edge 800 and it is fun but the heart rate monitor has
problems with nylon tops and it is generally disappointing compared to a
modern Smart Phone, considering its price.

I think you need the smart phone to have Ant to work with external
sensors, like heart rate, or cadence.

David Lang
June 8th 15, 09:41 PM
On 08/06/2015 11:38, Bod wrote:
> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using them?

Presumably an odometer measures a cyclists odour.

Dennis Davis[_2_]
June 9th 15, 07:01 AM
In article >,
David Lang > wrote:
>On 08/06/2015 11:38, Bod wrote:
>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to
>> wireless. How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had
>> experience with using them?
>
>Presumably an odometer measures a cyclists odour.

Flawed thinking. Thinking along those lines will have you believing
that electricity coming from electrons means that morality comes
from morons. And vegetable oil coming from vegetables means baby
oil comes from babies. You'll find it's a bit more complicated than
that.
--
Dennis Davis >

Dennis Davis[_2_]
June 9th 15, 07:56 AM
In article >,
Alycidon > wrote:
>On Monday, 8 June 2015 13:38:09 UTC+3, Bod wrote:
>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to
>> wireless. How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had
>> experience with using them?
>
>Why not use a Garmin Edge?

Poor battery life. You can fiddle with the settings, but you aren't
going to get more than 24 hours use out of these things. Probably
OK for the carbon cockroaches that litter the landscape riding
sportives. But of less use for longer rides or a succession of
short journeys.

The internal rechargeable battery is not a consumer replaceable
item. So how many charging cycles can you get before they're
useless? Can you get the internal battery replaced? if so, how much
does it cost? For how long will battery replacement be available
for discontinued devices?

The battery in a wired/wireless computer lasts months. I buy them
-- CR2032 lithium batteries -- in boxes of 10 by mail order. I use
these batteries in other devices and it's useful to keep a stock.

I find the battery in a wireless transmitter mounted on the forks
lasts a *really* long time. Current is only drawn from the battery
when the wheel magnet passes the transmitter and closes the circuit.
So even in use it's not that often. Just make sure you don't park
the bike with than magnet adjacent to the transmitter and so closing
the circuit.

I've seen accuracy affected by strong electrical interference. And
the leaf spring in the wireless transmitter or wired sensor can be
bounced shut, closing the circuit, on bumpy rides. Doesn't happen
very often and this usually only affects the top speed recorded.
Not really a problem.

>Great if you get lost too.

Mapnav. Use a map. The ancient and noble art of mapnav is a viable
option.
--
Dennis Davis >

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 08:20 AM
On 08/06/2015 20:00, Tosspot wrote:
> On 08/06/15 12:38, Bod wrote:
>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
>> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using
>> them?
>
> Ime sender battery goes flat after 5 revolutions of the wheel :-( Ok, I
> exaggerate, but they are a pain imho,

Oh, that's not very good. I'll stick to wired.
Thanks.

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 08:22 AM
On 08/06/2015 20:07, TMS320 wrote:
> "Bod" > wrote
>> On 08/06/2015 13:06, Alycidon wrote:
>
>>> Why not use a Garmin Edge?
>>> Great if you get lost too.
>>>
>>> http://www.garmin.com/uk/training
>>>
>> Interesting, but a little OTT for the distances that I cover (6 to 8
>> miles......on a sunny day day :-)
>> Nice bit of kit that Garmin Edge though.
>
> Depends on which one. The Edge 200 is the cheapest and intended as a basic
> computer replacement but it is buggy and displays silly stuff such as
> unfeasible numbers of calories and doesn't have a usable clock.
>
> If what is wanted is a ride logger in the pannier and weather proofing not
> important, I suggest smartphones are now more capable at a
> much lower price. I have an Alcatel C1 Pop (now down to £20-30) and the gps
> tracklogs are actually better than the 200. Battery life (in aeroplane mode)
> seems little different. So a basic computer still sits on the handlebar.

Hmm, food for thought. Ta.

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 08:23 AM
On 08/06/2015 21:27, Nick wrote:
> On 08/06/2015 20:07, TMS320 wrote:

>>> Interesting, but a little OTT for the distances that I cover (6 to 8
>>> miles......on a sunny day day :-)
>>> Nice bit of kit that Garmin Edge though.
>>
>> Depends on which one. The Edge 200 is the cheapest and intended as a basic
>> computer replacement but it is buggy and displays silly stuff such as
>> unfeasible numbers of calories and doesn't have a usable clock.
>>
>> If what is wanted is a ride logger in the pannier and weather proofing not
>> important, I suggest smartphones are now more capable at a
>> much lower price. I have an Alcatel C1 Pop (now down to £20-30) and the gps
>> tracklogs are actually better than the 200. Battery life (in aeroplane mode)
>> seems little different. So a basic computer still sits on the handlebar.
>>

> I have a Garmin Edge 800 and it is fun but the heart rate monitor has
> problems with nylon tops and it is generally disappointing compared to a
> modern Smart Phone, considering its price.
>
> I think you need the smart phone to have Ant to work with external
> sensors, like heart rate, or cadence.

Righto.

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 08:28 AM
On 09/06/2015 07:56, Dennis Davis wrote:
> In article >,
> Alycidon > wrote:
>> On Monday, 8 June 2015 13:38:09 UTC+3, Bod wrote:
>>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to
>>> wireless. How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had
>>> experience with using them?
>>
>> Why not use a Garmin Edge?
>
> Poor battery life. You can fiddle with the settings, but you aren't
> going to get more than 24 hours use out of these things. Probably
> OK for the carbon cockroaches that litter the landscape riding
> sportives. But of less use for longer rides or a succession of
> short journeys.
>
> The internal rechargeable battery is not a consumer replaceable
> item. So how many charging cycles can you get before they're
> useless? Can you get the internal battery replaced? if so, how much
> does it cost? For how long will battery replacement be available
> for discontinued devices?
>
> The battery in a wired/wireless computer lasts months. I buy them
> -- CR2032 lithium batteries -- in boxes of 10 by mail order. I use
> these batteries in other devices and it's useful to keep a stock.
>
> I find the battery in a wireless transmitter mounted on the forks
> lasts a *really* long time. Current is only drawn from the battery
> when the wheel magnet passes the transmitter and closes the circuit.
> So even in use it's not that often. Just make sure you don't park
> the bike with than magnet adjacent to the transmitter and so closing
> the circuit.
>
> I've seen accuracy affected by strong electrical interference. And
> the leaf spring in the wireless transmitter or wired sensor can be
> bounced shut, closing the circuit, on bumpy rides. Doesn't happen
> very often and this usually only affects the top speed recorded.
> Not really a problem.
>
>> Great if you get lost too.
>
> Mapnav. Use a map. The ancient and noble art of mapnav is a viable
> option.

Ok thanks. Interesting.

Alycidon
June 9th 15, 10:52 AM
On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 09:56:56 UTC+3, Dennis Davis wrote:
> In article >,
> Alycidon > wrote:
> >On Monday, 8 June 2015 13:38:09 UTC+3, Bod wrote:
> >> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to
> >> wireless. How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had
> >> experience with using them?
> >
> >Why not use a Garmin Edge?
>
> Poor battery life. You can fiddle with the settings, but you aren't
> going to get more than 24 hours use out of these things. Probably
> OK for the carbon cockroaches that litter the landscape riding
> sportives. But of less use for longer rides or a succession of
> short journeys.

If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the internal battery overnight.

>Great if you get lost too.

>Mapnav. Use a map. The ancient and noble art of mapnav is a viable
>option.

I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html

colwyn[_2_]
June 9th 15, 11:00 AM
On 08/06/2015 12:39, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:38:06 +0100
> Bod > wrote:
>
>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
>> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using
>> them?
>
> I had a cheap wireless one (from Lidl, I think, with heart monitor)
> which worked fine, except if I had it in my pocket when I went into a
> shop with security scanners on the door it went crazy.
> IME wired computers aren't any trouble as long as you route the wire
> carefully and secure it adequately - I usually wrap it around the front
> brake cable.
> You need to be careful with either type if you're in the habit of
> dropping wheels out to put the bike in your car, but at least if you
> snag a wireless sensor it won't rip the wire out. :-)

Just remembered, my wireless computer frequently assumed I had been
travelling at 70 odd mph (which secretly pleased me very much) ;-)

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 11:03 AM
On 09/06/2015 10:52, Alycidon wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 09:56:56 UTC+3, Dennis Davis wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Alycidon > wrote:
>>>
>>> Why not use a Garmin Edge?
>>
>> Poor battery life. You can fiddle with the settings, but you aren't
>> going to get more than 24 hours use out of these things. Probably
>> OK for the carbon cockroaches that litter the landscape riding
>> sportives. But of less use for longer rides or a succession of
>> short journeys.
>
> If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the internal battery overnight.
>
>> Great if you get lost too.
>
>> Mapnav. Use a map. The ancient and noble art of mapnav is a viable
>> option.
>
> I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
>
> https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html

Wow! that is some piece of kit and up for consideration, thanks.

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 11:03 AM
On 09/06/2015 11:00, colwyn wrote:
> On 08/06/2015 12:39, Rob Morley wrote:
>> On Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:38:06 +0100
>> Bod > wrote:
>>
>>> I've always used a wired one, but am thinking of changing to wireless.
>>> How accurate are the wireless ones? Anyone had experience with using
>>> them?
>>
>> I had a cheap wireless one (from Lidl, I think, with heart monitor)
>> which worked fine, except if I had it in my pocket when I went into a
>> shop with security scanners on the door it went crazy.
>> IME wired computers aren't any trouble as long as you route the wire
>> carefully and secure it adequately - I usually wrap it around the front
>> brake cable.
>> You need to be careful with either type if you're in the habit of
>> dropping wheels out to put the bike in your car, but at least if you
>> snag a wireless sensor it won't rip the wire out. :-)
>>
> Just remembered, my wireless computer frequently assumed I had been
> travelling at 70 odd mph (which secretly pleased me very much) ;-)

:-)

Alycidon
June 9th 15, 01:38 PM
On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 13:03:19 UTC+3, Bod wrote:
> On 09/06/2015 10:52, Alycidon wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 09:56:56 UTC+3, Dennis Davis wrote:

> >> Poor battery life. You can fiddle with the settings, but you aren't
> >> going to get more than 24 hours use out of these things. Probably
> >> OK for the carbon cockroaches that litter the landscape riding
> >> sportives. But of less use for longer rides or a succession of
> >> short journeys.
> >
> > If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the internal battery overnight.
> >
> >> Great if you get lost too.
> >
> >> Mapnav. Use a map. The ancient and noble art of mapnav is a viable
> >> option.
> >
> > I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
> >
> > https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html
> >
> Wow! that is some piece of kit and up for consideration, thanks.

I just bought it the day before I set off at the end of May and so I have had just over a week to try it out. It works really well, especially with the lane heads up and the camera filming your drive. It somehow lost its 2016..1 mapping at one point, but at the next hotel I simply redownloaded the map.

The only snag is that it is too big for pedestrian use and the battery life as a standalone is poor, so I brought my old 3598T along as well for pocket/walking use.

Rob Morley
June 9th 15, 02:21 PM
On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 02:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
Alycidon > wrote:

> If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the
> internal battery overnight.

Anything from 90VAC should work with most modern mains adaptors.

> I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map
> would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
>
> https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html

Does it do anything much that my £80 7" tablet couldn't do given some
free software and tweaking (and maybe an external power pack)?

Alycidon
June 9th 15, 02:48 PM
On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 16:21:19 UTC+3, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 02:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
> Alycidon > wrote:
>
> > If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the
> > internal battery overnight.
>
> Anything from 90VAC should work with most modern mains adaptors.
>
> > I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map
> > would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
> >
> > https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html
> >
> Does it do anything much that my £80 7" tablet couldn't do given some
> free software and tweaking (and maybe an external power pack)?

I know people use phones etc these days but I prefer a dedicated GPS system with the proper magnetic windscreen mount and power lead that has lifetime maps, traffic news via DAB radio and safety camera data. I am a bit of a Luddite when it comes to mobiles and have never owned one.

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 02:53 PM
On 09/06/2015 13:38, Alycidon wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 13:03:19 UTC+3, Bod wrote:

>>> If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the internal battery overnight.

>>> I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
>>>
>>> https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html
>>>
>> Wow! that is some piece of kit and up for consideration, thanks.
>
> I just bought it the day before I set off at the end of May and so I have had just over a week to try it out. It works really well, especially with the lane heads up and the camera filming your drive. It somehow lost its 2016.1 mapping at one point, but at the next hotel I simply redownloaded the map.
>
> The only snag is that it is too big for pedestrian use and the battery life as a standalone is poor, so I brought my old 3598T along as well for pocket/walking use.

All Sat Navs seem to have a poor battery life retention. My old Tom Tom
never lasted more than about an hour and threequarters (even when new).
Using the Sat Nav on my phone, that lasts a lot longer.

Alycidon
June 9th 15, 03:01 PM
On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 16:53:09 UTC+3, Bod wrote:

> > The only snag is that it is too big for pedestrian use and the battery life as a standalone is poor, so I brought my old 3590T along as well for pocket/walking use.
> >
> All Sat Navs seem to have a poor battery life retention. My old Tom Tom
> never lasted more than about an hour and threequarters (even when new).
> Using the Sat Nav on my phone, that lasts a lot longer.

My Garmin 3790T lasts about two hours on the dimmest display setting which is plenty to get me around a new city on foot.

Bod[_5_]
June 9th 15, 03:17 PM
On 09/06/2015 14:48, Alycidon wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 16:21:19 UTC+3, Rob Morley wrote:
>> On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 02:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
>> Alycidon > wrote:
>>
>>> If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the
>>> internal battery overnight.
>>
>> Anything from 90VAC should work with most modern mains adaptors.
>>
>>> I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map
>>> would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
>>>
>>> https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html
>>>
>> Does it do anything much that my £80 7" tablet couldn't do given some
>> free software and tweaking (and maybe an external power pack)?
>
> I know people use phones etc these days but I prefer a dedicated GPS system with the proper magnetic windscreen mount and power lead that has lifetime maps, traffic news via DAB radio and safety camera data. I am a bit of a Luddite when it comes to mobiles and have never owned one.

When I use my phone Sat Nav, I just place the phonein one of those
rubbery dash phone holders, so there's no fiddling about with windscreen
mounts. I use the Android app *Polaris*. I have the paid for version
(less than £7) and it is very good. It's as least as good as the Tom
that I gave to my son.

Tarcap
June 10th 15, 10:30 AM
"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 16:21:19 UTC+3, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 02:52:36 -0700 (PDT)
> Alycidon > wrote:
>
> > If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the
> > internal battery overnight.
>
> Anything from 90VAC should work with most modern mains adaptors.
>
> > I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map
> > would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
> >
> > https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html
> >
> Does it do anything much that my £80 7" tablet couldn't do given some
> free software and tweaking (and maybe an external power pack)?

I know people use phones etc these days but I prefer a dedicated GPS system
with the proper magnetic windscreen mount and power lead that has lifetime
maps, traffic news via DAB radio and safety camera data. I am a bit of a
Luddite when it comes to mobiles and have never owned one.

Sounds reasonable. Who on earth would ever want to talk to you?

Judith[_4_]
June 19th 15, 11:55 PM
On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 05:38:56 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon > wrote:

>On Tuesday, 9 June 2015 13:03:19 UTC+3, Bod wrote:

>> > If you are staying at a spot that has 240VAC, you can recharge the internal battery overnight.

>> > I have just driven to Brasov from the UK over the past week and a map would have been tedious and dangerous, so I used this instead.
>> >
>> > https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/on-the-road/in-car-sat-navs/2015-line/nuvicam-lmt-d/prod168823.html
>> >
>> Wow! that is some piece of kit and up for consideration, thanks.
>
>I just bought it the day before I set off at the end of May and so I have had just over a week to try it out. It works really well, especially with the lane heads up and the camera filming your drive. It somehow lost its 2016.1 mapping at one point, but at the next hotel I simply redownloaded the map.

Sounds good: I am getting really ****ed off being cut up by cyclists who seem
to want to commit suicide. I guess the films of their death wish would stand
up in court: even if they won't be able to.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home