PDA

View Full Version : Punk on bicycle on wrong side of road

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 10th 15, 06:07 PM
http://www.lep.co.uk/news/local/update-teen-cyclist-in-serious-condition-after-collision-1-7303036

Adia
June 10th 15, 08:59 PM
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote the post subject as:

>Punk on bicycle on wrong side of road

I was just checking your grammar again and found that the online
Oxford Dictionary has one definition of punk as 'an inexperienced
young person', which could fully apply to this cyclist. Good for you!

jnugent
June 10th 15, 10:45 PM
On 10/06/2015 20:59, Adia wrote:

> Mr Pounder Esquire wrote the post subject as:

>> Punk on bicycle on wrong side of road

> I was just checking your grammar again and found that the online
> Oxford Dictionary has one definition of punk as 'an inexperienced
> young person', which could fully apply to this cyclist. Good for you!

The word was used by Shakespeare. Check out "Measure For Measure".

Adia
June 11th 15, 10:16 AM
JNugent wrote:

>On 10/06/2015 20:59, Adia wrote:
>
>> Mr Pounder Esquire wrote the post subject as:
>
>>> Punk on bicycle on wrong side of road
>
>> I was just checking your grammar again and found that the online
>> Oxford Dictionary has one definition of punk as 'an inexperienced
>> young person', which could fully apply to this cyclist. Good for you!
>
>The word was used by Shakespeare. Check out "Measure For Measure".

I find it hard to believe that reading this cycling group has ended up
with me looking into a Shakespeare play. (In Act V, Lucio says "My
lord, she may be a punk; for many of them are neither maid, widow, nor
wife.")

(And "Measure For Measure" is supposed to be a comedy? At least it
didn't end in tragedy.)

MrCheerful
June 11th 15, 10:29 AM
On 11/06/2015 10:16, Adia wrote:
> JNugent wrote:

>>> I was just checking your grammar again and found that the online
>>> Oxford Dictionary has one definition of punk as 'an inexperienced
>>> young person', which could fully apply to this cyclist. Good for you!
>>
>> The word was used by Shakespeare. Check out "Measure For Measure".
>
> I find it hard to believe that reading this cycling group has ended up
> with me looking into a Shakespeare play. (In Act V, Lucio says "My
> lord, she may be a punk; for many of them are neither maid, widow, nor
> wife.")
>
> (And "Measure For Measure" is supposed to be a comedy? At least it
> didn't end in tragedy.)

You can learn all sorts of things on newsgroups if you follow up things
that you initially do not recognise or understand.

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 11th 15, 10:39 AM
"Adia" > wrote in message
> Mr Pounder Esquire wrote the post subject as:
>
>>Punk on bicycle on wrong side of road
>
> I was just checking your grammar again and found that the online
> Oxford Dictionary has one definition of punk as 'an inexperienced
> young person', which could fully apply to this cyclist. Good for you!

I was being polite, ****** would have been a better word.

jnugent
June 11th 15, 02:17 PM
On 11/06/2015 10:16, Adia wrote:

> JNugent wrote:

>>> I was just checking your grammar again and found that the online
>>> Oxford Dictionary has one definition of punk as 'an inexperienced
>>> young person', which could fully apply to this cyclist. Good for you!
>
>> The word was used by Shakespeare. Check out "Measure For Measure".
>
> I find it hard to believe that reading this cycling group has ended up
> with me looking into a Shakespeare play. (In Act V, Lucio says "My
> lord, she may be a punk; for many of them are neither maid, widow, nor
> wife.")

I know. And by "punk" he (and Shakespeare) meant "prostitute".

> (And "Measure For Measure" is supposed to be a comedy? At least it
> didn't end in tragedy.)

It's one of the so-called Dark Comedies.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home