PDA

View Full Version : New Bike Pics: Mountainbent!

Felix Audet
October 15th 03, 10:47 PM
This is pictures of my last bike project :

http://members6.clubphoto.com/felix505056/1691619/guest.phtml

dual 26" wheel front suspended trail worthy recumbent.

The seat is Optima. I has 8" of fore-aft adjustement, and angle is
adjustable too. It has huge carrying capacity potential under the seat and
on the rear wheel. Unlike the Orca (Optima), the lack of rear suspension
makes it easy to attach a rack on the rear wheel, and it climb verry well
too. ( no pogo)
Seat to BB height is a little less extreme than the Orca.

With this bike your head is about as high as a DF, so seeing/being seen is
not a problem.
BTW, I'd be willing to sell this bike, if I get a decent price,
I really need money to keep building other bikes!

Felix Audet

Torben Scheel
October 17th 03, 03:12 PM
"Felix Audet" > wrote in message
.. .
> This is pictures of my last bike project :
>
> http://members6.clubphoto.com/felix505056/1691619/guest.phtml
>
> dual 26" wheel front suspended trail worthy recumbent.

Nice - reminds me of something.. oh, yes, mine :
http://www.scheel.net/focus_sport/images/acrofobia.jpg

You must have a lot of weight on the front wheel?

> The seat is Optima. I has 8" of fore-aft adjustement, and angle is
> adjustable too. It has huge carrying capacity potential under the seat and
> on the rear wheel. Unlike the Orca (Optima), the lack of rear suspension
> makes it easy to attach a rack on the rear wheel, and it climb verry well
> too. ( no pogo)
> Seat to BB height is a little less extreme than the Orca.

Actually I'm getting used to the rear suspension, even if it in theory
pogo's a bit, but then again, I'm a spinner. I'm starting to miss a
suspension fork though (uh oh, it's getting expensive). I'm planning for a
frame-mounted rack for mine, build from 10mm steel tube.

> With this bike your head is about as high as a DF, so seeing/being seen is
> not a problem.

Agreed, though I was missed (in both senses) by a Cellphoning trooleydriver
this morning. You can be overseen on anything.

Keep up the good work!
Torben

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home