PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of cycling

Bod[_5_]
June 21st 15, 03:12 PM
Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
--
Bod

Alycidon
June 21st 15, 03:44 PM
On Sunday, 21 June 2015 16:12:31 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
> --
> Bod

Yes - when I get back to Blighty, I intend to get back on my bike this summer. I have a Scott CR1 that I have not ridden yet.

Bod[_5_]
June 21st 15, 03:55 PM
On 21/06/2015 15:44, Alycidon wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 June 2015 16:12:31 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
>> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
>> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
>> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
>> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
>> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
>> --
>> Bod
>
> Yes - when I get back to Blighty, I intend to get back on my bike this summer. I have a Scott CR1 that I have not ridden yet.

I've never ridden one of those, but they look like a pretty nice bike.
Are all Scotts carbon frames?
They cost well over a few grand don't they?

Alycidon
June 21st 15, 04:05 PM
On Sunday, 21 June 2015 16:55:25 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
> On 21/06/2015 15:44, Alycidon wrote:
> > On Sunday, 21 June 2015 16:12:31 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
> >> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
> >> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
> >> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
> >> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
> >> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
> >> --
> >> Bod
> >
> > Yes - when I get back to Blighty, I intend to get back on my bike this summer. I have a Scott CR1 that I have not ridden yet.
> >
> I've never ridden one of those, but they look like a pretty nice bike.
> Are all Scotts carbon frames?

No - some basic ones are alloy.

> They cost well over a few grand don't they?

You can get alloy ones for a few hundred quid with a cheapo groupset, going up to £7000+ plus for an Addict frame with an electronic groupset.

Bod[_5_]
June 21st 15, 04:22 PM
On 21/06/2015 16:05, Alycidon wrote:
> On Sunday, 21 June 2015 16:55:25 UTC+2, Bod wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes - when I get back to Blighty, I intend to get back on my bike this summer. I have a Scott CR1 that I have not ridden yet.
>>>
>> I've never ridden one of those, but they look like a pretty nice bike.
>> Are all Scotts carbon frames?
>
> No - some basic ones are alloy.
>
>> They cost well over a few grand don't they?
>
> You can get alloy ones for a few hundred quid with a cheapo groupset, going up to £7000+ plus for an Addict frame with an electronic groupset.

Righto, thanks.

David Lang
June 21st 15, 07:23 PM
On 21/06/2015 15:12, Bod wrote:
> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.

Then why do you rarely see cyclists?

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 21st 15, 07:42 PM
"David Lang" > wrote in message
> On 21/06/2015 15:12, Bod wrote:
>> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
>> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
>> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
>> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
>> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
>
> Then why do you rarely see cyclists?

Could the answer be something like "you are never more than 6 feet away from
a rat"?

Adia
June 21st 15, 08:08 PM
David Lang wrote:

>On 21/06/2015 15:12, Bod wrote:
>> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
>> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
>> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
>> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
>> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
>
>Then why do you rarely see cyclists?

Could it be because cyclists are a very small (or insignificant, as
you like to say) minority of journey makers, whether they be
recreational or not? Why should any of those statements (i.e. 3.1
million people ride a bike each month, cycling is one of the easiest
ways to fit exercise into your daily routine and you rarely see
cyclists) be mutually exclusive?

Bod[_5_]
June 21st 15, 08:33 PM
On 21/06/2015 20:08, Adia wrote:
> David Lang wrote:
>
>> On 21/06/2015 15:12, Bod wrote:
>>> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
>>> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
>>> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
>>> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
>>> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
>>
>> Then why do you rarely see cyclists?
>
> Could it be because cyclists are a very small (or insignificant, as
> you like to say) minority of journey makers, whether they be
> recreational or not? Why should any of those statements (i.e. 3.1
> million people ride a bike each month, cycling is one of the easiest
> ways to fit exercise into your daily routine and you rarely see
> cyclists) be mutually exclusive?

Also, if they rarely see cyclists, why do they make so much fuss about
them. The mind boggles.

Alycidon
June 21st 15, 08:53 PM
On Sunday, 21 June 2015 21:33:13 UTC+2, Bod wrote:

> >> Then why do you rarely see cyclists?
> >
> > Could it be because cyclists are a very small (or insignificant, as
> > you like to say) minority of journey makers, whether they be
> > recreational or not? Why should any of those statements (i.e. 3.1
> > million people ride a bike each month, cycling is one of the easiest
> > ways to fit exercise into your daily routine and you rarely see
> > cyclists) be mutually exclusive?
> >

> Also, if they rarely see cyclists, why do they make so much fuss about
> them. The mind boggles.

It is the classic troll dilemma - they want to show that cycling is so rare that nobody is doing it at the same time as trying to assert that cyclists are dying left, right and centre as well as breaking the law everywhere wherever you look.

All they do is destroy their own "logic" whichever tripe they come out with.

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 21st 15, 08:54 PM
"Bod" > wrote in message
> On 21/06/2015 20:08, Adia wrote:
>> David Lang wrote:

>>> Then why do you rarely see cyclists?
>>
>> Could it be because cyclists are a very small (or insignificant, as
>> you like to say) minority of journey makers, whether they be
>> recreational or not? Why should any of those statements (i.e. 3.1
>> million people ride a bike each month, cycling is one of the easiest
>> ways to fit exercise into your daily routine and you rarely see
>> cyclists) be mutually exclusive?
>>

> Also, if they rarely see cyclists, why do they make so much fuss about
> them. The mind boggles.

I have yet to see a dog take a **** on the footpath around here. If I saw
the owner of the dog allowing this I would make a fuss.
Does your drug addled cyclist mind also boggle at that?

Judith[_4_]
June 22nd 15, 08:54 AM
On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 19:42:54 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
> wrote:

>"David Lang" > wrote in message
>> On 21/06/2015 15:12, Bod wrote:
>>> Benefits of cycling - Live Well - NHS Choices
>>> www.nhs.uk/Livewell/fitness/Pages/Cycling.aspx
>>> Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK. An
>>> estimated 3.1 million people ride a bicycle each month. ... Cycling is
>>> one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine.
>>
>> Then why do you rarely see cyclists?
>
>Could the answer be something like "you are never more than 6 feet away from
>a rat"?

wicked !!!

Judith[_4_]
June 22nd 15, 11:08 AM
On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 20:33:10 +0100, Bod > wrote:

>On 21/06/2015 20:08, Adia wrote:
>> David Lang wrote:

>>> Then why do you rarely see cyclists?
>>
>> Could it be because cyclists are a very small (or insignificant, as
>> you like to say) minority of journey makers, whether they be
>> recreational or not? Why should any of those statements (i.e. 3.1
>> million people ride a bike each month, cycling is one of the easiest
>> ways to fit exercise into your daily routine and you rarely see
>> cyclists) be mutually exclusive?
>>

>Also, if they rarely see cyclists, why do they make so much fuss about
>them. The mind boggles.

The smell of stupidity giving the cyclists away?

Judith[_4_]
June 22nd 15, 11:10 AM
On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 01:44:16 +0100, Phil W Lee > wrote:

<snip>

>Probably because of the nasty grinding noise the bike makes as it gets
>dragged along under the car, and the subsequent difficulty in
>obtaining motor insurance.

Hello there: 01:45 in the morning - I wonder M'Lud has been on the sauce again?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home