PDA

View Full Version : Re: Complex junction

NEMO
June 25th 15, 12:59 AM
On 6/24/2015 12:00 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> Why do they make junctions so complicated? It's clear the driver in
> front got completely confused :-)
>
> Notice the lack of red car when I leave the roundabout. She (yes it was
> a woman) decided to do a 3 point turn on the roundabout to correct her
> error.
>
> https://youtu.be/fV9d5t8sla8

Complicated? Have you ever seen the Magic Roundabout in Hemel Hempstead???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_%28Hemel_Hempstead%29

Tough Guy no. 1265
June 25th 15, 01:03 AM

I've seen pictures, but never been there. I don't know why there aren't accidents every day. I wonder if anyone has ever got trapped in it, going round and round for days? How the **** do you work out how to get to your destination?

--
ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

NEMO
June 25th 15, 02:05 AM
On 6/24/2015 5:03 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 00:59:01 +0100, NEMO
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/24/2015 12:00 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>> Why do they make junctions so complicated? It's clear the driver in
>>> front got completely confused :-)
>>>
>>> Notice the lack of red car when I leave the roundabout. She (yes it was
>>> a woman) decided to do a 3 point turn on the roundabout to correct her
>>> error.
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/fV9d5t8sla8
>>
>> Complicated? Have you ever seen the Magic Roundabout in Hemel
>> Hempstead???
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_%28Hemel_Hempstead%29
>
> I've seen pictures, but never been there.

It's a bit of a joke. Apparently there's another one in Swinedon.

> I don't know why there aren't
> accidents every day. I wonder if anyone has ever got trapped in it,
> going round and round for days? How the **** do you work out how to get
> to your destination?

It's simple enough...just read the road signs. It's bizarre but no more
complicated than the equivalent with traffic lights in place of
mini-roundabouts.

Tough Guy no. 1265
June 25th 15, 06:01 PM
On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:05:40 +0100, NEMO > wrote:

> On 6/24/2015 5:03 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 00:59:01 +0100, NEMO
>> > wrote:

>>> Complicated? Have you ever seen the Magic Roundabout in Hemel
>>> Hempstead???
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_%28Hemel_Hempstead%29
>>
>> I've seen pictures, but never been there.
>
> It's a bit of a joke. Apparently there's another one in Swinedon.

I wonder if there's a video of it in action?

>> I don't know why there aren't
>> accidents every day. I wonder if anyone has ever got trapped in it,
>> going round and round for days? How the **** do you work out how to get
>> to your destination?
>
> It's simple enough...just read the road signs. It's bizarre but no more
> complicated than the equivalent with traffic lights in place of
> mini-roundabouts.

I just read up on it, apparently the middle one goes the wrong way! I'd get to the first one, and know I had to take say the third exit. By the time I've negotiated that many mini roundabouts and give way lines, I'd forget where the hell I was! And trying to go the other way?!? If you want to take the last exit, you take a shortcut and go anticlockwise! ARGH!

--
Barber: "Your hair is getting grey."
Customer: "Try cutting a little faster."

Tough Guy no. 1265
June 25th 15, 07:13 PM

How to go round a roundabout correctly: https://youtu.be/aNRy-9NDKyk?t=33s

--
Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are
registered blood donors.

Mick[_4_]
June 25th 15, 07:33 PM
"Tough Guy no. 1265" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:01:19 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:05:40 +0100, NEMO
>> > wrote:

>>> It's a bit of a joke. Apparently there's another one in Swinedon.
>>
>> I wonder if there's a video of it in action?

>>> It's simple enough...just read the road signs. It's bizarre but no more
>>> complicated than the equivalent with traffic lights in place of
>>> mini-roundabouts.
>>
>> I just read up on it, apparently the middle one goes the wrong way! I'd
>> get to the first one, and know I had to take say the third exit. By the
>> time I've negotiated that many mini roundabouts and give way lines, I'd
>> forget where the hell I was! And trying to go the other way?!? If you
>> want to take the last exit, you take a shortcut and go anticlockwise!
>> ARGH!
>
> How to go round a roundabout correctly: https://youtu.be/aNRy-9NDKyk?t=33s

****ing idiot ****** Hucker replies to trolls and gets cut to shreds
****ing idiot ****** hucker has not had a shag in years
****ing idiot ****** hucker has not had a job in years
****ing idiot ****** hucker can't even pay the gas bill
****ing idiot ****** hucker is the biggest joke on Usenet

NEMO
June 26th 15, 06:58 PM

There is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU

>>> I don't know why there aren't
>>> accidents every day. I wonder if anyone has ever got trapped in it,
>>> going round and round for days? How the **** do you work out how to get
>>> to your destination?
>>
>> It's simple enough...just read the road signs. It's bizarre but no more
>> complicated than the equivalent with traffic lights in place of
>> mini-roundabouts.
>
> I just read up on it, apparently the middle one goes the wrong way! I'd
> get to the first one, and know I had to take say the third exit. By the
> time I've negotiated that many mini roundabouts and give way lines, I'd
> forget where the hell I was! And trying to go the other way?!? If you
> want to take the last exit, you take a shortcut and go anticlockwise!
> ARGH!

It ain't rocket surgery....you just drive over the mini-roundabouts as
if they weren't there! Like people in the video are doing! LOLOK

NEMO
June 26th 15, 07:00 PM
On 6/25/2015 11:13 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 18:01:19 +0100, Tough Guy no. 1265 > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:05:40 +0100, NEMO
>> > wrote:

>>> It's a bit of a joke. Apparently there's another one in Swinedon.
>>
>> I wonder if there's a video of it in action?

>>> It's simple enough...just read the road signs. It's bizarre but no more
>>> complicated than the equivalent with traffic lights in place of
>>> mini-roundabouts.
>>
>> I just read up on it, apparently the middle one goes the wrong way!
>> I'd get to the first one, and know I had to take say the third exit.
>> By the time I've negotiated that many mini roundabouts and give way
>> lines, I'd forget where the hell I was! And trying to go the other
>> way?!? If you want to take the last exit, you take a shortcut and go
>> anticlockwise! ARGH!
>
> How to go round a roundabout correctly: https://youtu.be/aNRy-9NDKyk?t=33s

Not if you value your tyres.

Tough Guy no. 1265
June 29th 15, 12:18 AM
On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 18:58:56 +0100, NEMO > wrote:

> On 6/25/2015 10:01 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:05:40 +0100, NEMO
>> > wrote:

>>> It's a bit of a joke. Apparently there's another one in Swinedon.
>>
>> I wonder if there's a video of it in action?
>
> There is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU

That one is huge. I meant the little one where you can actually see all the mini roundabouts at once, which would make things more confusing.

>>> It's simple enough...just read the road signs. It's bizarre but no more
>>> complicated than the equivalent with traffic lights in place of
>>> mini-roundabouts.
>>
>> I just read up on it, apparently the middle one goes the wrong way! I'd
>> get to the first one, and know I had to take say the third exit. By the
>> time I've negotiated that many mini roundabouts and give way lines, I'd
>> forget where the hell I was! And trying to go the other way?!? If you
>> want to take the last exit, you take a shortcut and go anticlockwise!
>> ARGH!
>
> It ain't rocket surgery....you just drive over the mini-roundabouts as
> if they weren't there! Like people in the video are doing! LOLOK

Ever seen a roundabout with one lane of tarmac, but a second "lane" of block paving (presumably to allow trucks to get round it)? Those things are silly, some people use it as two lanes and some as one. When you get both types on at once, all hell breaks loose.

--
It's strange, isn't it? You stand in the middle of a library and go "Aaaaaaagghhhh!!!!" and everyone just stares at you. But you do the same thing on an aeroplane, and everyone joins in.

NEMO
June 29th 15, 12:55 AM
On 6/28/2015 4:18 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 18:58:56 +0100, NEMO
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/25/2015 10:01 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>> On Thu, 25 Jun 2015 02:05:40 +0100, NEMO

>>> I wonder if there's a video of it in action?
>>
>> There is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU
>
> That one is huge. I meant the little one where you can actually see all
> the mini roundabouts at once, which would make things more confusing.

It's actually much easier if you don't think of the central roundabout
as a roundabout.

>>> I just read up on it, apparently the middle one goes the wrong way! I'd
>>> get to the first one, and know I had to take say the third exit. By the
>>> time I've negotiated that many mini roundabouts and give way lines, I'd
>>> forget where the hell I was! And trying to go the other way?!? If you
>>> want to take the last exit, you take a shortcut and go anticlockwise!
>>> ARGH!
>>
>> It ain't rocket surgery....you just drive over the mini-roundabouts as
>> if they weren't there! Like people in the video are doing! LOLOK
>
> Ever seen a roundabout with one lane of tarmac, but a second "lane" of
> block paving (presumably to allow trucks to get round it)? Those things
> are silly, some people use it as two lanes and some as one. When you
> get both types on at once, all hell breaks loose.

Never seen one of those. Must be fun.

Tough Guy no. 1265
June 29th 15, 03:15 PM
On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 00:55:16 +0100, NEMO > wrote:

> On 6/28/2015 4:18 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 18:58:56 +0100, NEMO
>> > wrote:

>>> There is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU
>>
>> That one is huge. I meant the little one where you can actually see all
>> the mini roundabouts at once, which would make things more confusing.
>
> It's actually much easier if you don't think of the central roundabout
> as a roundabout.

I'd love to see a police chase round one. But you'd need to set up an orchestra playing the music from Benny Hill in the centre.

https://goo.gl/maps/BL0lK

--
After Saddam was captured, eight people were killed and almost
80 wounded by shots fired in the air during celebrations

NEMO
July 1st 15, 07:20 PM
On 6/29/2015 7:15 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 00:55:16 +0100, NEMO
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/28/2015 4:18 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>>> On Fri, 26 Jun 2015 18:58:56 +0100, NEMO

>>> That one is huge. I meant the little one where you can actually see all
>>> the mini roundabouts at once, which would make things more confusing.
>>
>> It's actually much easier if you don't think of the central roundabout
>> as a roundabout.
>
> I'd love to see a police chase round one. But you'd need to set up an
> orchestra playing the music from Benny Hill in the centre.

>>> Ever seen a roundabout with one lane of tarmac, but a second "lane" of
>>> block paving (presumably to allow trucks to get round it)? Those things
>>> are silly, some people use it as two lanes and some as one. When you
>>> get both types on at once, all hell breaks loose.
>>
>> Never seen one of those. Must be fun.
>
> https://goo.gl/maps/BL0lK

Another sunny day in Scotland! LOLOK

Tough Guy no. 1265
July 1st 15, 08:20 PM
On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 19:20:41 +0100, NEMO > wrote:

> On 6/29/2015 7:15 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 00:55:16 +0100, NEMO
>> > wrote:

>>> It's actually much easier if you don't think of the central roundabout
>>> as a roundabout.
>>
>> I'd love to see a police chase round one. But you'd need to set up an
>> orchestra playing the music from Benny Hill in the centre.

>>> Never seen one of those. Must be fun.
>>
>> https://goo.gl/maps/BL0lK
>
> Another sunny day in Scotland! LOLOK

It's sunny above the clouds. Ask a BA pilot.

--
Q: If you have a mothball in one hand and another mothball in the other hand, what would you have?
A: The undivided attention of a very large moth!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home