View Full Version : Cyclist mugs OAP

MrCheerful
June 30th 15, 08:22 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brazen-cyclist-caught-camera-swipes-5967189

Tarcap
June 30th 15, 11:30 AM
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brazen-cyclist-caught-camera-swipes-5967189

Do you think number plates would help identify this brazen criminal?

MrCheerful
June 30th 15, 01:23 PM
On 30/06/2015 13:02, Adia wrote:
> Tarcap wrote:
>
>> "Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...
>>
>> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brazen-cyclist-caught-camera-swipes-5967189
>>
>> Do you think number plates would help identify this brazen criminal?
>
> But wouldn't this brazen criminal just go about his criminal activity
> in a different way if he knew that number plates may help identify
> him?

He might, but he may be caught before he realises the possibility.
At present bicycles represent a cheap, anonymous, quiet, quick way of
escape for many criminals.

Scion[_2_]
June 30th 15, 01:36 PM
Mrcheerful put finger to keyboard:

> On 30/06/2015 13:02, Adia wrote:
>> Tarcap wrote:
>>
>>> "Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brazen-cyclist-caught-camera-
swipes-5967189

>>> Do you think number plates would help identify this brazen criminal?
>>
>> But wouldn't this brazen criminal just go about his criminal activity
>> in a different way if he knew that number plates may help identify him?
>>

> He might, but he may be caught before he realises the possibility. At
> present bicycles represent a cheap, anonymous, quiet, quick way of
> escape for many criminals.

So, a practical mode of transport then :-)

Tarcap
June 30th 15, 01:46 PM
"Adia" wrote in message ...

Tarcap wrote:

>"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...
>
>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brazen-cyclist-caught-camera-swipes-5967189
>
>Do you think number plates would help identify this brazen criminal?

But wouldn't this brazen criminal just go about his criminal activity
in a different way if he knew that number plates may help identify
him?

Why wouldn't that theory also work with cars or motorcycles, then?

jnugent
June 30th 15, 01:55 PM
On 30/06/2015 13:02, Adia wrote:
> Tarcap wrote:
>
>> "Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...
>>
>> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brazen-cyclist-caught-camera-swipes-5967189
>>
>> Do you think number plates would help identify this brazen criminal?
>
> But wouldn't this brazen criminal just go about his criminal activity
> in a different way if he knew that number plates may help identify
> him?

You could apply that "logic" to bank-blaggers in a Mk 10 Jaguar.

Tarcap
June 30th 15, 03:09 PM
"Adia" wrote in message ...

Tarcap wrote:

>"Adia" wrote in message ...
>
>Tarcap wrote:
>
>>"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...
>>
>>http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/brazen-cyclist-caught-camera-swipes-5967189
>>
>>Do you think number plates would help identify this brazen criminal?
>
>But wouldn't this brazen criminal just go about his criminal activity
>in a different way if he knew that number plates may help identify
>him?
>
>Why wouldn't that theory also work with cars or motorcycles, then?

It does, doesn't it? Do you really think a brazen criminal would set
out to commit a brazen crime using a car or a motorbike which he knows
the number plate of which will help identify him?

Oh, so you seem to be saying that no crimes are committed by motorists,
then - only cyclists?
Thanks for that admission.

MrCheerful
June 30th 15, 04:04 PM
On 30/06/2015 14:11, Adia wrote:
> JNugent wrote:

>>> But wouldn't this brazen criminal just go about his criminal activity
>>> in a different way if he knew that number plates may help identify
>>> him?
>>
>> You could apply that "logic" to bank-blaggers in a Mk 10 Jaguar.
>
> Yes. I don't think it likely the number plate of the car will show it
> to be registered in the name of anyone taking part in the bank
> robbery, or even connected to them in any way. I mean, they wouldn't
> exactly be master criminals if they were going to make it that easy
> for the police.

The average mugger is not exactly master criminal material.

jnugent
June 30th 15, 04:34 PM
On 30/06/2015 16:31, Adia wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> Yes. I don't think it likely the number plate of the car will show it
>>> to be registered in the name of anyone taking part in the bank
>>> robbery, or even connected to them in any way. I mean, they wouldn't
>>> exactly be master criminals if they were going to make it that easy
>>> for the police.
>>>

>> The average mugger is not exactly master criminal material.
>
> No, but the thing is, I think it is reasonable to expect your average
> mugger to normally take some measures not to be easily identified.

....like riding a bike whilst about his business?

MrCheerful
June 30th 15, 04:49 PM
On 30/06/2015 16:47, Adia wrote:
> JNugent wrote:

>>> No, but the thing is, I think it is reasonable to expect your average
>>> mugger to normally take some measures not to be easily identified.
>>
>> ...like riding a bike whilst about his business?
>
> The mugger in the clip shown was riding a bike whilst about his
> business. The question was asked "Do you think number plates would
> help identify this brazen criminal?"
>
> I think there is every chance this brazen criminal would still go
> about his criminal activity but in a different way if he knew that
> number plates may help identify him? What is wrong with thinking that?

Muggers are often spur of the moment criminals, the thought of
apprehension by being identified may prevent some attacks, even one
would be worth it.

Tarcap
June 30th 15, 06:01 PM
"Adia" wrote in message ...

Mrcheerful wrote:

>On 30/06/2015 16:47, Adia wrote:
>> JNugent wrote:

>>> ...like riding a bike whilst about his business?
>>
>> The mugger in the clip shown was riding a bike whilst about his
>> business. The question was asked "Do you think number plates would
>> help identify this brazen criminal?"
>>
>> I think there is every chance this brazen criminal would still go
>> about his criminal activity but in a different way if he knew that
>> number plates may help identify him? What is wrong with thinking that?
>>

>Muggers are often spur of the moment criminals, the thought of
>apprehension by being identified may prevent some attacks...

I am sure that bit is right.

>...even one would be worth it.

Is it fair to oblige every cyclist to have their bicycle(s) registered
because a certain number of muggers are able to take advantage of the
current situation. Also, having taken away so much freedom from
cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
increase anyway?

But it's not only just for the muggings, is it?
It's also for all the pavement cyclists, the RLJ's, the wrong way street
cyclists, the no left or right turn cyclists, the no lights cyclists, the no
stopping for pedestrian cyclists and all the many other offences we are
obliged to suffer, etc.
I'm pretty sure now that would make a difference, if they could be traced in
the same way that motorists can.

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 30th 15, 06:06 PM
"Adia" > wrote in message
> Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> The mugger in the clip shown was riding a bike whilst about his
>>> business. The question was asked "Do you think number plates would
>>> help identify this brazen criminal?"
>>>
>>> I think there is every chance this brazen criminal would still go
>>> about his criminal activity but in a different way if he knew that
>>> number plates may help identify him? What is wrong with thinking that?
>>>

>>Muggers are often spur of the moment criminals, the thought of
>>apprehension by being identified may prevent some attacks...
>
> I am sure that bit is right.
>
>>...even one would be worth it.
>
> Is it fair to oblige every cyclist to have their bicycle(s) registered
> because a certain number of muggers are able to take advantage of the
> current situation.

As a push bike is a road vehicle and the riders of these road vehicles
expect to be treated as road users, then of course it is fair

Also, having taken away so much freedom from
> cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
> order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
> clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
> increase anyway?

To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc, etc,
etc, etc, and not being accountable.

MrCheerful
June 30th 15, 06:12 PM
On 30/06/2015 17:48, Adia wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> The mugger in the clip shown was riding a bike whilst about his
>>> business. The question was asked "Do you think number plates would
>>> help identify this brazen criminal?"
>>>
>>> I think there is every chance this brazen criminal would still go
>>> about his criminal activity but in a different way if he knew that
>>> number plates may help identify him? What is wrong with thinking that?
>>>

>> Muggers are often spur of the moment criminals, the thought of
>> apprehension by being identified may prevent some attacks...
>
> I am sure that bit is right.
>
>> ...even one would be worth it.
>
> Is it fair to oblige every cyclist to have their bicycle(s) registered
> because a certain number of muggers are able to take advantage of the
> current situation. Also, having taken away so much freedom from
> cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
> order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
> clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
> increase anyway?

What freedom would it take from law abiding people?

Alycidon
June 30th 15, 07:04 PM
On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> "Adia" > wrote in message

> Also, having taken away so much freedom from
> > cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
> > order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
> > clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
> > increase anyway?
>
> To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
> I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc, etc,
> etc, etc, and not being accountable.

"Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day though, does it?

Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 30th 15, 07:07 PM
"Alycidon" > wrote in message
On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> "Adia" > wrote in message

> Also, having taken away so much freedom from
> > cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
> > order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
> > clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
> > increase anyway?
>
> To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
> I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc,
> etc,
> etc, etc, and not being accountable.

"Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day though,
does it?

Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence,
no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care,
bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure
load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus
lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and
noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles,
underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring
no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle,
improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to
stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.

Oh for ****s sake!!
That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.

Alycidon
June 30th 15, 07:53 PM
On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 19:08:02 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> "Alycidon" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> > "Adia" > wrote in message
>
> > Also, having taken away so much freedom from
> > > cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
> > > order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
> > > clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
> > > increase anyway?
> >
> > To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
> > I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc,
> > etc,
> > etc, etc, and not being accountable.
>
> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day though,
> does it?
>
> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
> outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
> parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence,
> no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care,
> bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
> lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
> obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure
> load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus
> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and
> noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles,
> underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring
> no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle,
> improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
> licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to
> stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>
> Oh for ****s sake!!
> That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
> The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.

The only person "in a corner" was the person who came out with "etc, etc, etc, etc, etc" when he ran out of offences after the tired old RLJ and pavement driving tripe.

I, on the other hand, had no need of such waffle as I reeled off dozens of driving offences, one after the other which obviously all struck home like the arrows at Agincourt. :-)

MrCheerful
June 30th 15, 08:07 PM
On 30/06/2015 19:53, Alycidon wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 19:08:02 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> "Alycidon" > wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>>> "Adia" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Also, having taken away so much freedom from
>>>
>>> To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
>>> I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc,
>>> etc,
>>> etc, etc, and not being accountable.
>>
>> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day though,
>> does it?
>>
>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
>> outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
>> parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence,
>> no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care,
>> bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
>> lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
>> obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure
>> load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus
>> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and
>> noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles,
>> underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring
>> no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle,
>> improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
>> licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to
>> stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>>
>> Oh for ****s sake!!
>> That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
>> The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.
>
> The only person "in a corner" was the person who came out with "etc, etc, etc, etc, etc" when he ran out of offences after the tired old RLJ and pavement driving tripe.
>
> I, on the other hand, had no need of such waffle as I reeled off dozens of driving offences, one after the other which obviously all struck home like the arrows at Agincourt. :-)

There are thousands of possible offences for motor vehicles, many less
for cyclists. This is a cycling group, please try to remain on topic.

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 30th 15, 08:40 PM
"Alycidon" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 19:08:02 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> "Alycidon" > wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> > "Adia" > wrote in message
>>
>> > Also, having taken away so much freedom from
>> >
>> > To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
>> > I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc,
>> > etc,
>> > etc, etc, and not being accountable.
>>
>> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day
>> though,
>> does it?
>>
>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
>> outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
>> parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no
>> licence,
>> no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due
>> care,
>> bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
>> lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
>> obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts,
>> insecure
>> load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus
>> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
>> and
>> noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles,
>> underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit,
>> ignoring
>> no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your
>> vehicle,
>> improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
>> licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing
>> stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>>
>> Oh for ****s sake!!
>> That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
>> The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.
>
> The only person "in a corner" was the person who came out with "etc, etc,
> etc, etc, etc" when he ran out of offences after the tired old RLJ and
> pavement driving tripe.

That was so lame.
You know very well that I could have gone on, and, on, and on and

> I, on the other hand, had no need of such waffle as I reeled off dozens of
> driving offences, one after the other which obviously all struck home like
> the arrows at Agincourt. :-)

You pasted in the same old waffle that you have done so many times in the
past.
Btw, I said riding on footpaths not pavement driving.
I was original, you were not as you are fighting for a lost cause

Mr Pounder Esquire
June 30th 15, 08:43 PM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
> On 30/06/2015 19:53, Alycidon wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 19:08:02 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

>>> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day
>>> though,
>>> does it?
>>>
>>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
>>> outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
>>> parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no
>>> licence,
>>> no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due
>>> care,
>>> bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
>>> lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
>>> obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts,
>>> insecure
>>> load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse,
>>> bus
>>> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
>>> and
>>> noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash
>>> fiddles,
>>> underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit,
>>> ignoring
>>> no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your
>>> vehicle,
>>> improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
>>> licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing
>>> stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>>>
>>> Oh for ****s sake!!
>>> That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
>>> The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.
>>
>> The only person "in a corner" was the person who came out with "etc, etc,
>> etc, etc, etc" when he ran out of offences after the tired old RLJ and
>> pavement driving tripe.
>>
>> I, on the other hand, had no need of such waffle as I reeled off dozens
>> of driving offences, one after the other which obviously all struck home
>> like the arrows at Agincourt. :-)
>>

> There are thousands of possible offences for motor vehicles, many less for
> cyclists. This is a cycling group, please try to remain on topic.

Those who grasp at straws are desperate to weasel and will try any **** poor
tactic.
It don't work on this group.

David Lang
June 30th 15, 11:09 PM
On 30/06/2015 19:53, Alycidon wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 19:08:02 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> "Alycidon" > wrote in message
>> ... On
>> Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>>> "Adia" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Also, having taken away so much freedom from
>>>
>>> To what sort of "freedom" do you refer? I can only think of the
>>> "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,
>>> and not being accountable.
>>
>> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day
>> though, does it?
>>
>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig
>> zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by
>> inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with
>> no car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates,
>> overtaking on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes,
>> one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators,
>> fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly
>> tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one
>> way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus
>> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess
>> smoke and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash
>> for crash fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare,
>> over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit,
>> not having control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using
>> horn at night, no in date photo licence, no licence application
>> after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for
>> police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>>
>> Oh for ****s sake!! That was **** poor pathetic and well you know
>> it. The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.
>
> The only person "in a corner" was the person who came out with "etc,
> etc, etc, etc, etc" when he ran out of offences after the tired old
> RLJ and pavement driving tripe.
>
> I, on the other hand, had no need of such waffle as I reeled off
> dozens of driving offences, one after the other which obviously all
> struck home like the arrows at Agincourt. :-)

What your feeble little cyclists brain fails to appreciate is that 99%
of passenger miles are made by motor vehicles and only 1% are made by
push bike, so there are bound to be more offenses.
And the vast majority of motorists are apprehended for these offenses.

Speeding, cycling the wrong way at night, on pavements, on zig
zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by
being so slow, cycling while drunk, on mobile phones, with
no road tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, no plates,
overtaking on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes,
one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators,
no fog light , faulty steering, sun glasses obscuration, darkly
tinted sunglasses, no child seat, no seatbelts, insecure carrier
bagload, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse,
bus lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess
farts and noise from arse, duff suspension, leaking bowels, cash
for compo fiddles, underage child on crossbar, lights causing glare,
over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs,
not having control of your vehicle, improper use of bell, using
bell at night, no licence, no licence application
no long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for
police/lollipop/zebra etc.

But cyclists rarely get caught because they can't be tracked.

MrCheerful
July 1st 15, 12:23 AM
On 30/06/2015 23:30, Adia wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> I am sure that bit is right.

>>> Is it fair to oblige every cyclist to have their bicycle(s) registered
>>> because a certain number of muggers are able to take advantage of the
>>> current situation. Also, having taken away so much freedom from
>>> cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
>>> order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
>>> clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
>>> increase anyway?
>>>

>> What freedom would it take from law abiding people?
>
> How many thousands of words, and by when do I have to hand the work
> in? Sorry, I'm not being flippant but it's too late for me to consider
> such a deep question. As it is, personally, when cycling I don't think
> I would mind that much if I did have to wear a hi-viz (as long as it
> was reasonably fashionable), with a number on the back and a number
> plate fastened to the bike somewhere, if all that was really justified
> - but I can't of course speak for other law abiding cyclists.

You made the statement, please can you justify it.

MrCheerful
July 1st 15, 09:55 AM
On 01/07/2015 09:51, Adia wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> How many thousands of words, and by when do I have to hand the work
>>> in? Sorry, I'm not being flippant but it's too late for me to consider
>>> such a deep question. As it is, personally, when cycling I don't think
>>> I would mind that much if I did have to wear a hi-viz (as long as it
>>> was reasonably fashionable), with a number on the back and a number
>>> plate fastened to the bike somewhere, if all that was really justified
>>> - but I can't of course speak for other law abiding cyclists.
>>>

>> You made the statement, please can you justify it.
>
> I was just saying that I would accept and concede the need for bicycle
> registration if the whole issue got as far as becoming law in this
> country. It is obviously reasonable in principle that cyclists should
> be more identifiable. This obligation applies to motorists and the
> intention is to promote cooperative behaviour.
>
> Currently, however, I am not an advocate of bicycle registration
> mainly because I don't see how that would significantly improve the
> way motorists behave toward cyclists. It seems to me that many drivers
> do not see cyclists as legitimate road users and that registration is
> not going to fundamentally change that. There are many factors to
> consider but ultimately I wonder if there would be any real practical
> advantage in it for motorists, and I do not see how there would there
> be any benefit for cyclists.

You still have not explained the freedoms that law abiding cyclists
would lose.

Registrations of bicycles would improve their image to everyone and
would also improve the behaviour of cyclists.

MrCheerful
July 1st 15, 11:38 AM
On 01/07/2015 11:22, Adia wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> I was just saying that I would accept and concede the need for bicycle
>>> registration if the whole issue got as far as becoming law in this
>>> country. It is obviously reasonable in principle that cyclists should
>>> be more identifiable. This obligation applies to motorists and the
>>> intention is to promote cooperative behaviour.
>>>
>>> Currently, however, I am not an advocate of bicycle registration
>>> mainly because I don't see how that would significantly improve the
>>> way motorists behave toward cyclists. It seems to me that many drivers
>>> do not see cyclists as legitimate road users and that registration is
>>> not going to fundamentally change that. There are many factors to
>>> consider but ultimately I wonder if there would be any real practical
>>> advantage in it for motorists, and I do not see how there would there
>>> be any benefit for cyclists.
>>>

>> You still have not explained the freedoms that law abiding cyclists
>> would lose.
>
> What I actually said (or questioned rather) was would it be fair to
> take "away so much freedom from cyclists who are in no way responsible
> for the actions of muggers?", but anyway.
>
>> Registrations of bicycles would improve their image to everyone and
>> would also improve the behaviour of cyclists.
>
> Yes but it would obviously come at a cost to the freedom that law
> abiding cyclists currently enjoy. Currently, of course, cyclists enjoy
> the massive freedom to own bicycles and use them on the roads without
> the incumbent hassle and expense of bicycle registration.

So no freedoms lost, just an expense.
Why do you think that cyclists should have massive amounts of money
spent for their benefit alone, without any direct cost at all to the
cyclists that benefit?

No other regular mode of personal transport can be used without direct
personal cost, why should cyclists be preferentially treated?

As it is, cyclists do enjoy freedom, the freedom to break the laws of
the road and of the land and of common decency without any likelihood of
apprehension, due largely to their anonymity.

jnugent
July 1st 15, 03:25 PM
On 01/07/2015 09:51, Adia wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> How many thousands of words, and by when do I have to hand the work
>>> in? Sorry, I'm not being flippant but it's too late for me to consider
>>> such a deep question. As it is, personally, when cycling I don't think
>>> I would mind that much if I did have to wear a hi-viz (as long as it
>>> was reasonably fashionable), with a number on the back and a number
>>> plate fastened to the bike somewhere, if all that was really justified
>>> - but I can't of course speak for other law abiding cyclists.
>>>

>> You made the statement, please can you justify it.
>
> I was just saying that I would accept and concede the need for bicycle
> registration if the whole issue got as far as becoming law in this
> country. It is obviously reasonable in principle that cyclists should
> be more identifiable. This obligation applies to motorists and the
> intention is to promote cooperative behaviour.
>
> Currently, however, I am not an advocate of bicycle registration
> mainly because I don't see how that would significantly improve the
> way motorists behave toward cyclists.

It doesn't have to; it is justified in its own terms, as you remarked
above. It is obviously reasonable in principle that cyclists should be
more identifiable and the intention is to promote co-operative behaviour
and deter cyclists - to some extent - from illegal behaviour.

> It seems to me that many drivers
> do not see cyclists as legitimate road users and that registration is
> not going to fundamentally change that.

Why does it have to?

> There are many factors to
> consider but ultimately I wonder if there would be any real practical
> advantage in it for motorists, and I do not see how there would there
> be any benefit for cyclists.

The group who would derive most benefit, I suggest, are pedestrians. And
that's all of us.

Kerr Mudd-John
July 1st 15, 05:54 PM
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:07:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:

> "Alycidon" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> "Adia" > wrote in message
>
>> Also, having taken away so much freedom from
>> > cyclists who are in no way responsible for the actions of muggers, in
>> > order to reduce the number of such incidents of the type shown in that
>> > clip, how do we know other types of muggings wouldn't correspondingly
>> > increase anyway?
>>
>> To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
>> I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc,
>> etc,
>> etc, etc, and not being accountable.
>
> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day
> though,
> does it?
>
> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
> outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
> parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no
> licence,
> no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due
> care,
> bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
> lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
> obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts,
> insecure
> load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus
> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
> and
> noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles,
> underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit,
> ignoring
> no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your
> vehicle,
> improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
> licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing
> stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>
> Oh for ****s sake!!
> That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
> The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.

Sounds like a fine litany.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Kerr Mudd-John
July 1st 15, 05:56 PM
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:43:02 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:

> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message

>>> The only person "in a corner" was the person who came out with "etc,
>>> etc,
>>> etc, etc, etc" when he ran out of offences after the tired old RLJ and
>>> pavement driving tripe.
>>>
>>> I, on the other hand, had no need of such waffle as I reeled off dozens
>>> of driving offences, one after the other which obviously all struck
>>> home
>>> like the arrows at Agincourt. :-)
>>>

>> There are thousands of possible offences for motor vehicles, many less
>> for
>> cyclists. This is a cycling group, please try to remain on topic.
>
> Those who grasp at straws are desperate to weasel and will try any ****
> poor
> tactic.
> It don't work on this group.

Anything seems to go here. Mostly anti-cyclist attitude from those who've
barely tried it.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Tarcap
July 1st 15, 06:02 PM
"Kerr Mudd-John" wrote in message

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:43:02 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:

> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message

>>> The only person "in a corner" was the person who came out with "etc,
>>> etc,
>>> etc, etc, etc" when he ran out of offences after the tired old RLJ and
>>> pavement driving tripe.
>>>
>>> I, on the other hand, had no need of such waffle as I reeled off dozens
>>> of driving offences, one after the other which obviously all struck
>>> home
>>> like the arrows at Agincourt. :-)
>>>

>> There are thousands of possible offences for motor vehicles, many less
>> for
>> cyclists. This is a cycling group, please try to remain on topic.
>
> Those who grasp at straws are desperate to weasel and will try any ****
> poor
> tactic.
> It don't work on this group.

Anything seems to go here. Mostly anti-cyclist attitude from those who've
barely tried it.

Most have during their childhood, but grew out of it.

Mr Pounder Esquire
July 1st 15, 06:14 PM
"Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:07:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
>

>> "Alycidon" > wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 18:06:18 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>>> "Adia" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Also, having taken away so much freedom from
>>>
>>> To what sort of "freedom" do you refer?
>>> I can only think of the "freedom" of RLJ, riding on footpaths etc, etc,
>>> etc,
>>> etc, etc, and not being accountable.
>>
>> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day
>> though,
>> does it?
>>
>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
>> outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
>> parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no
>> licence,
>> no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due
>> care,
>> bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
>> lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
>> obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts,
>> insecure
>> load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus
>> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
>> and
>> noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles,
>> underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit,
>> ignoring
>> no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your
>> vehicle,
>> improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
>> licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing
>> stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>>
>> Oh for ****s sake!!
>> That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
>> The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.
>>

> Sounds like a fine litany.

It is worn out weaseling. He always posts this when red faced and
blustering.

jnugent
July 1st 15, 06:47 PM
On 01/07/2015 17:56, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:43:02 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:

>>> There are thousands of possible offences for motor vehicles, many
>>> less for
>>> cyclists. This is a cycling group, please try to remain on topic.
>>
>> Those who grasp at straws are desperate to weasel and will try any
>> **** poor
>> tactic.
>> It don't work on this group.
>
> Anything seems to go here. Mostly anti-cyclist attitude from those
> who've barely tried it.

How many tipper trucks have you tried driving in rush-hour Inner London?

Kerr Mudd-John
July 1st 15, 09:36 PM
On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:14:29 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:

> "Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:07:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
>> > wrote:

>>> "Being accountable" doesn't seem to stop these happening every day
>>> though,
>>> does it?
>>>
>>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags,
>>> outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate
>>> parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no
>>> licence,
>>> no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due
>>> care,
>>> bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake
>>> lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen
>>> obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts,
>>> insecure
>>> load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse,
>>> bus
>>> lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess
>>> smoke
>>> and
>>> noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash
>>> fiddles,
>>> underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit,
>>> ignoring
>>> no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your
>>> vehicle,
>>> improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no
>>> licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing
>>> stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc.
>>>
>>> Oh for ****s sake!!
>>> That was **** poor pathetic and well you know it.
>>> The same old **** when you are in your usual corner.
>>>

>> Sounds like a fine litany.
>
> It is worn out weaseling. He always posts this when red faced and
> blustering.

And you post daily hate links to bad behaviour, but never by motorists.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

MrCheerful
July 1st 15, 09:46 PM
On 01/07/2015 21:36, Kerr Mudd-John wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:14:29 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
>

>> "Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:07:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire

>>> Sounds like a fine litany.
>>
>> It is worn out weaseling. He always posts this when red faced and
>> blustering.
>>
> And you post daily hate links to bad behaviour, but never by motorists.

This is a cycling group.

Mr Pounder Esquire
July 1st 15, 10:01 PM
"Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:14:29 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
>

>> "Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:07:54 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire

>>> Sounds like a fine litany.
>>
>> It is worn out weaseling. He always posts this when red faced and
>> blustering.
>>
> And you post daily hate links to bad behaviour, but never by motorists.

I do not post every day.
I see cyclists breaking the law everyday. This is a cycling group, you
dickhead.
I do not see drivers breaking the law everyday.
Can you remind us of your driving lessons, the ones where your instructor
had to grab the steering wheel? Your pathetic pleas for advice? Oh, how we
laughed.
If you have problems driving on the Channel Islands then you are only fit to
ride a child's toy.
Did you manage to pass the driving test? I bet you were too stupid to do so.

> --
> Bah, and indeed, Humbug

MrCheerful
July 2nd 15, 12:20 AM
On 02/07/2015 00:12, Adia wrote:
> Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>
>> I see cyclists breaking the law everyday.
>> [...]
>> I do not see drivers breaking the law everyday.
>
> I know you are not seriously suggesting on a day to day basis that
> cyclists break the law but drivers don't. You are just saying that is
> how you see it.
>
> I've read on this newsgroup within the last few days (I know who wrote
> it and I could find the message ID if my life depended upon it) that
> 99% of journey miles is made by motor vehicles and 1% is made by
> bicycles. I don't know if that claim is true but I wouldn't be
> surprised if it the percentage was around about right. So I was a
> little surprised to learn you daily observe that it is solely cyclists
> who break the law. No wonder then that you have it in for them.
>
> (Got to go now, the Women's World cup has started: Japan v England -
> so far so good.)

If you ever have to follow or see a cyclist for more than a few seconds,
you will see them being illegal or stupid in one way or another on 99.9
per cent of occasions.

jnugent
July 2nd 15, 07:22 AM
On 02/07/2015 00:12, Adia wrote:
> Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>
>> I see cyclists breaking the law everyday.
>> [...]
>> I do not see drivers breaking the law everyday.
>
> I know you are not seriously suggesting on a day to day basis that
> cyclists break the law but drivers don't. You are just saying that is
> how you see it.

It's how anyone with normal senses sees it.

When a driver acts unlawfully, the odds are that a casual observer
(other than Superman, with his radar and XC-Ray vision, together with
sufficient mental acuity to have read every document on the globe) will
not be able to tell.

For instance, it needs the use of scientific equipment to be able to say
with certainty that a delivery van is doing 34 mph rather than 30 mph.
It needs unfeasible access to documentation and information to be able
to say that the MOT certificate for the Vauxhall Corsa which just passed
you actually expired last week or that the insurance for that motor-bike
ran out a month ago. And it needs similar omniscience to be able to know
that the tipper truck which just turned left onto a building site was
driven by someone without the relevant HGV licence. IOW, most offences
are simply not apparent to the casual observer, mainly because they are
technical offences or matters of gradation on a continuum, where one
point is lawful and another, quite close to it, is not.

But cycling on the footway is immediately identifiable as an offence. So
is failing to stop at a red light. So is going the wrong way in a one
way street.

That's the difference. When a cyclist breaks the law, it is usually
obvious and blatant.

> I've read on this newsgroup within the last few days (I know who wrote
> it and I could find the message ID if my life depended upon it) that
> 99% of journey miles is made by motor vehicles and 1% is made by
> bicycles. I don't know if that claim is true but I wouldn't be
> surprised if it the percentage was around about right. So I was a
> little surprised to learn you daily observe that it is solely cyclists
> who break the law. No wonder then that you have it in for them.
>
> (Got to go now, the Women's World cup has started: Japan v England -
> so far so good.)

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 2nd 15, 09:23 AM
On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:02:38 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> Most have during their childhood, but grew out of it.

Thank God I have not grown out of it.

Kerr Mudd-John
July 2nd 15, 10:15 AM
On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 22:01:02 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> wrote:

> "Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:14:29 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
>> > wrote:

>>> It is worn out weaseling. He always posts this when red faced and
>>> blustering.
>>>
>> And you post daily hate links to bad behaviour, but never by motorists.
>
> I do not post every day.
> I see cyclists breaking the law everyday. This is a cycling group, you
> dickhead.
> I do not see drivers breaking the law everyday.

You are not looking properly. This can cause "accidents".

> Can you remind us of your driving lessons, the ones where your instructor
> had to grab the steering wheel? Your pathetic pleas for advice? Oh, how
> we
> laughed.
> If you have problems driving on the Channel Islands then you are only
> fit to
> ride a child's toy.
> Did you manage to pass the driving test? I bet you were too stupid to do
> so.

You seem to be dragging up some irrelevant motoring (so OT) discussion
from some decade ago.
It also appears to be ad hominem.
2 fails in 1!

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Mr Pounder Esquire
July 2nd 15, 08:43 PM
"Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 22:01:02 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
> > wrote:
>

>> "Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 18:14:29 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire

>>> And you post daily hate links to bad behaviour, but never by motorists.
>>
>> I do not post every day.
>> I see cyclists breaking the law everyday. This is a cycling group, you
>> dickhead.
>> I do not see drivers breaking the law everyday.
>
> You are not looking properly. This can cause "accidents".
>
>> Can you remind us of your driving lessons, the ones where your instructor
>> had to grab the steering wheel? Your pathetic pleas for advice? Oh, how
>> we
>> laughed.
>> If you have problems driving on the Channel Islands then you are only
>> fit to
>> ride a child's toy.
>> Did you manage to pass the driving test? I bet you were too stupid to do
>> so.
>>

> You seem to be dragging up some irrelevant motoring (so OT) discussion
> from some decade ago.
> It also appears to be ad hominem.
> 2 fails in 1!

Wriggle & wriggle.
I see that you have not answered my question about passing the driving test.
Thus, it is logical to assume that you failed and your only means of
transport is on a child's toy.
Yup, you are a tosser.

Judith[_4_]
July 2nd 15, 09:00 PM
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:11:54 +0100, Adia > wrote:

>JNugent wrote:

>>> But wouldn't this brazen criminal just go about his criminal activity
>>> in a different way if he knew that number plates may help identify
>>> him?
>>
>>You could apply that "logic" to bank-blaggers in a Mk 10 Jaguar.
>
>Yes. I don't think it likely the number plate of the car will show it
>to be registered in the name of anyone taking part in the bank
>robbery, or even connected to them in any way. I mean, they wouldn't
>exactly be master criminals if they were going to make it that easy
>for the police.

I would expect that a "master criminal" would have enough common sense to
realise that; however, we are talking about cyclists.

Judith[_4_]
July 2nd 15, 09:06 PM
On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 21:36:14 +0100, "Kerr Mudd-John" > wrote:

<snip>

>And you post daily hate links to bad behaviour, but never by motorists.

I realise that this may be a difficult concept to grasp - but it may have
something to do with the name of the newsgroup: uk.rec.cycling.

Spot it now?

Judith[_4_]
July 2nd 15, 10:36 PM
On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 11:22:14 +0100, Adia > wrote:

<snip>

>Yes but it would obviously come at a cost to the freedom that law
>abiding cyclists currently enjoy. Currently, of course, cyclists enjoy
>the massive freedom to own bicycles and use them on the roads without
>the incumbent hassle and expense of bicycle registration.

Even though I accept most cyclists are from the poorer section of society: I do
not think that is a sufficient reason for them not to incur some costs which
would be to the benefit of society as a whole. ie pay for lessons, pay for
tests, pay for registration, pay for IDs

Tarcap
July 3rd 15, 08:17 AM
"Adia" wrote in message ...

Judith wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:11:54 +0100, Adia >
>wrote:
>
>>JNugent wrote:

>>>You could apply that "logic" to bank-blaggers in a Mk 10 Jaguar.
>>
>>Yes. I don't think it likely the number plate of the car will show it
>>to be registered in the name of anyone taking part in the bank
>>robbery, or even connected to them in any way. I mean, they wouldn't
>>exactly be master criminals if they were going to make it that easy
>>for the police.
>>

>I would expect that a "master criminal" would have enough common sense to
>realise that; however, we are talking about cyclists.

None of us can cycle again, then, or we'll be deemed to be incredibly
stupid. Because there are law breaking idiots using bicycles, nobody
else can - why should that be so? Afterall, you never forget how to
ride a bicycle, or the first time you made love on one... apparently.

To cyclists, making love would only be a solo act because they wouldn't be
able to attract the opposite sex:

http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/centre-ban-for-sex-act-cyclist-1-5824703
http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Cyclist-admits-masturbating-women-Crawley-bus/story-19807208-detail/story.html
http://newsbite.it/index-id-Weird%20News-zk-16630.html
http://www.middevongazette.co.uk/Cyclist-denies-exposing-women-near-canal-path/story-26303496-detail/story.html
http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/crime/cycling-flasher-told-he-faces-jail-1-4741299

Alycidon
July 3rd 15, 08:50 AM
On Friday, 3 July 2015 08:17:59 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:

> To cyclists, making love would only be a solo act because they wouldn't be
> able to attract the opposite sex:

Really?

Another immaculate conception for the ex glamour model?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3053301/Baby-love-Peta-Cavendish-28-announces-s-pregnant-second-child-Tour-France-husband-Mark.html

MrCheerful
July 3rd 15, 09:16 AM
On 03/07/2015 09:13, Adia wrote:
> Tarcap wrote:
>
>> To cyclists, making love would only be a solo act because they wouldn't be
>> able to attract the opposite sex:
>
> What a mean spirited thing to say.
>
>> http://www.pontefractandcastlefordexpress.co.uk/news/centre-ban-for-sex-act-cyclist-1-5824703
>> http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/Cyclist-admits-masturbating-women-Crawley-bus/story-19807208-detail/story.html
>> http://newsbite.it/index-id-Weird%20News-zk-16630.html
>> http://www.middevongazette.co.uk/Cyclist-denies-exposing-women-near-canal-path/story-26303496-detail/story.html
>> http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/crime/cycling-flasher-told-he-faces-jail-1-4741299
>
> I think you will find these perverted weirdo's lurking in all areas of
> society. I am not naive enough to believe that every cyclist is a
> novelist or poet (apparently, again, the bicycle should be their
> preferred choice of vehicle) but, equally, I do not go around assuming
> that every cyclist is another Jack the Ripper. I always try to think
> the best of people, although with some that can be quite a challenge.

This bloke shows the weirdness of some cyclists:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1567410/Man-who-had-sex-with-bike-in-court.html

Alycidon
July 3rd 15, 09:26 AM
On Friday, 3 July 2015 09:13:08 UTC+1, Adia wrote:
I do not go around assuming
> that every cyclist is another Jack the Ripper.

Didn't Clarkson get into trouble for calling all lorry drivers prostitute killers?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/69349/Clarkson-murder-joke-furore

MrCheerful
July 3rd 15, 10:42 AM
On 03/07/2015 09:26, Alycidon wrote:
> On Friday, 3 July 2015 09:13:08 UTC+1, Adia wrote:
> I do not go around assuming
>> that every cyclist is another Jack the Ripper.
>
> Didn't Clarkson get into trouble for calling all lorry drivers prostitute killers?
>
> http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/69349/Clarkson-murder-joke-furore

You really are obsessed with motor vehicles, this is a cycling group.
Please try to stay on topic.

Tarcap
July 3rd 15, 12:43 PM
"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Friday, 3 July 2015 08:17:59 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:

> To cyclists, making love would only be a solo act because they wouldn't be
> able to attract the opposite sex:

Really?

Another immaculate conception for the ex glamour model?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3053301/Baby-love-Peta-Cavendish-28-announces-s-pregnant-second-child-Tour-France-husband-Mark.html

Not an immaculate conception - better ask the milkman if he knows anything
about it.

Tarcap
July 3rd 15, 12:44 PM
"Adia" wrote in message ...

Tarcap wrote:

>To cyclists, making love would only be a solo act because they wouldn't be
>able to attract the opposite sex:

What a mean spirited thing to say.

Sometimes the truth hurts, but that's better than letting someone go on
living with a misconception.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home