PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Promotion

colwyn[_2_]
July 6th 15, 06:56 PM
Just looked at a few cycling events and noticed virtually every one was
sponsored by motoring interests (paid for by a car owner)
Are they actually promoting cycling?

Tour de Yorkshire sponsors:

JCT600
Maserati

Tour de France:

Skoda ( Volkswagen )
Kleber
Bosch
Michelin

Giro d’italia:

Autostrade//per l‘italia
CarServer
Yamaha
Hertz
Skoda

Vuelta:
Prestige imports

Tour of Britain:
Aviva
Skoda
AA

Tour of California
Lexus

Please, feel free to add motoring sponsors!

MrCheerful
July 6th 15, 07:15 PM
On 06/07/2015 18:56, colwyn wrote:
> Just looked at a few cycling events and noticed virtually every one was
> sponsored by motoring interests (paid for by a car owner)
> Are they actually promoting cycling?
>

> Tour de Yorkshire sponsors:
>
> JCT600
> Maserati
>
> Tour de France:
>
> Skoda ( Volkswagen )
> Kleber
> Bosch
> Michelin
>
> Giro d’italia:
>
> Autostrade//per l‘italia
> CarServer
> Yamaha
> Hertz
> Skoda
>
> Vuelta:
> Prestige imports
>
> Tour of Britain:
> Aviva
> Skoda
> AA
>
> Tour of California
> Lexus
>
> Please, feel free to add motoring sponsors!

It is better to give money away rather than pay tax on it. Cycling is
the current green fad.

Alycidon
July 6th 15, 07:35 PM
On Monday, 6 July 2015 18:57:31 UTC+1, colwyn wrote:

> Please, feel free to add motoring sponsors!

When I was on holiday, in Hungary their national oil company was the sponsor behind their bike hire scheme.

http://www.funzine.hu/2014-04-whats-new-mol-bubi-thats-what/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOL_Group

Mr Pounder Esquire
July 6th 15, 08:19 PM
"Alycidon" > wrote in message
> On Monday, 6 July 2015 18:57:31 UTC+1, colwyn wrote:
>

>> Please, feel free to add motoring sponsors!
>
> When I was on holiday, in Hungary their national oil company was the
> sponsor behind their bike hire scheme.
>
> http://www.funzine.hu/2014-04-whats-new-mol-bubi-thats-what/
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOL_Group

I really hate to point this out to you, it's called *advertising*.

You would have been better off holidaying in Blackpool.
It would have been ideal, loads of cycle lanes all empty because the
cyclists are on the footpath.
Same as anywhere else really.

Alycidon
July 6th 15, 08:32 PM
On Monday, 6 July 2015 20:19:47 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> "Alycidon" > wrote in message
> > On Monday, 6 July 2015 18:57:31 UTC+1, colwyn wrote:
> >

> >> Please, feel free to add motoring sponsors!
> >
> > When I was on holiday, in Hungary their national oil company was the
> > sponsor behind their bike hire scheme.
> >
> > http://www.funzine.hu/2014-04-whats-new-mol-bubi-thats-what/
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOL_Group
>
> I really hate to point this out to you, it's called *advertising*.

A bit silly advertising petrol to cyclists. Barclay's bikes in London was a bit better as cyclists are known to be high earners.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/11716200/Roman-Abramovich-takes-Scottish-seaside-break-on-Isle-of-Bute.html

> You would have been better off holidaying in Blackpool.

Too many drunken Scotsmen, I'm afraid.

Mr Pounder Esquire
July 6th 15, 08:40 PM

Bull****! Cyclists are known to be pikey council estate scum.

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/11716200/Roman-Abramovich-takes-Scottish-seaside-break-on-Isle-of-Bute.html
>

>> You would have been better off holidaying in Blackpool.
>
> Too many drunken Scotsmen, I'm afraid.

Not anymore.

Alycidon
July 6th 15, 08:51 PM
On Monday, 6 July 2015 20:40:45 UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> "Alycidon" > wrote in message

> >> I really hate to point this out to you, it's called *advertising*.
> >
> > A bit silly advertising petrol to cyclists. Barclay's bikes in London was
> > a bit better as cyclists are known to be high earners.
>

> Bull****! Cyclists are known to be pikey council estate scum.

Doesn't seem to fit the profile of the latest sponsor's client base, I'm afraid.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/santander-cycles

>Not anymore.

As you say.

Google