PDA

View Full Version : DO ELECTRIC BIKES MAKE YOU FITTER?

Bod[_5_]
July 11th 15, 12:32 PM
*Apparently they do*

Because electric bikes reduce the level of effort required when compared
to a regular bicycle, they offer the perfect way to bridge the gap
between no cycling and cycling on a regular bike. Health experts
universally agree that even modest amounts of regular exercise are far
more beneficial than no exercise at all and as such, these bikes are
ideal for helping people of all ages to enhance their fitness. Even
seemingly mundane tasks such as going to work, college or the shops on
an electric bike can help to provide significant benefits to the health
of the rider.

http://insego.com/do-electric-bikes-make-you-fitter/
--
Bod

MrCheerful
July 11th 15, 12:40 PM
On 11/07/2015 12:32, Bod wrote:
> *Apparently they do*
>
> Because electric bikes reduce the level of effort required when compared
> to a regular bicycle, they offer the perfect way to bridge the gap
> between no cycling and cycling on a regular bike. Health experts
> universally agree that even modest amounts of regular exercise are far
> more beneficial than no exercise at all and as such, these bikes are
> ideal for helping people of all ages to enhance their fitness. Even
> seemingly mundane tasks such as going to work, college or the shops on
> an electric bike can help to provide significant benefits to the health
> of the rider.
>
> http://insego.com/do-electric-bikes-make-you-fitter/

When ebikes first appeared a few years ago I saw quite a few on a
regular basis, but they now seem to have all disappeared, I am having a
job to remember when I last saw one. One of their main advantages was
that the riders did not mind stopping at lights since getting moving
again was relatively easy, so they do encourage better road use, and
even unfit/unwell people can use them, I see that one company is
planning an app that connects to your heartrate and increases power
levels to keep max heart rate below a preset level. The question at the
moment is which teams are going to use them in cycle racing.

Alycidon
July 11th 15, 12:47 PM
On Saturday, 11 July 2015 12:32:44 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
> *Apparently they do*
>
> Because electric bikes reduce the level of effort required when compared
> to a regular bicycle, they offer the perfect way to bridge the gap
> between no cycling and cycling on a regular bike. Health experts
> universally agree that even modest amounts of regular exercise are far
> more beneficial than no exercise at all and as such, these bikes are
> ideal for helping people of all ages to enhance their fitness. Even
> seemingly mundane tasks such as going to work, college or the shops on
> an electric bike can help to provide significant benefits to the health
> of the rider.

Our new cycle hub has UK's first dedicated charging point for up to six electric cycles at a time.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/New-Hull-Cycle-Hub-officially-opens-bike-hire/story-26878569-detail/story.html#ixzz3faBRYmKg

Bod[_5_]
July 11th 15, 12:58 PM
On 11/07/2015 12:40, Mrcheerful wrote:
> On 11/07/2015 12:32, Bod wrote:
>> *Apparently they do*
>>
>> Because electric bikes reduce the level of effort required when compared
>> to a regular bicycle, they offer the perfect way to bridge the gap
>> between no cycling and cycling on a regular bike. Health experts
>> universally agree that even modest amounts of regular exercise are far
>> more beneficial than no exercise at all and as such, these bikes are
>> ideal for helping people of all ages to enhance their fitness. Even
>> seemingly mundane tasks such as going to work, college or the shops on
>> an electric bike can help to provide significant benefits to the health
>> of the rider.
>>
>> http://insego.com/do-electric-bikes-make-you-fitter/
>
> When ebikes first appeared a few years ago I saw quite a few on a
> regular basis, but they now seem to have all disappeared, I am having a
> job to remember when I last saw one. One of their main advantages was
> that the riders did not mind stopping at lights since getting moving
> again was relatively easy, so they do encourage better road use, and
> even unfit/unwell people can use them, I see that one company is
> planning an app that connects to your heartrate and increases power
> levels to keep max heart rate below a preset level. The question at the
> moment is which teams are going to use them in cycle racing.

There is a woman on this estate that has used an electric bicycle for
years. The acceleration is quite amazing to see when she gives it some
welly.

Bod[_5_]
July 11th 15, 01:03 PM
On 11/07/2015 12:47, Alycidon wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 July 2015 12:32:44 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
>> *Apparently they do*
>>
>> Because electric bikes reduce the level of effort required when compared
>> to a regular bicycle, they offer the perfect way to bridge the gap
>> between no cycling and cycling on a regular bike. Health experts
>> universally agree that even modest amounts of regular exercise are far
>> more beneficial than no exercise at all and as such, these bikes are
>> ideal for helping people of all ages to enhance their fitness. Even
>> seemingly mundane tasks such as going to work, college or the shops on
>> an electric bike can help to provide significant benefits to the health
>> of the rider.
>
> Our new cycle hub has UK's first dedicated charging point for up to six electric cycles at a time.
>
> Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/New-Hull-Cycle-Hub-officially-opens-bike-hire/story-26878569-detail/story.html#ixzz3faBRYmKg

What an excellent facility.

David Lang
July 11th 15, 02:54 PM
On 11/07/2015 13:03, Bod wrote:
> On 11/07/2015 12:47, Alycidon wrote:
>> On Saturday, 11 July 2015 12:32:44 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
>>> *Apparently they do*
>>>
>>> Because electric bikes reduce the level of effort required when compared
>>> to a regular bicycle, they offer the perfect way to bridge the gap
>>> between no cycling and cycling on a regular bike. Health experts
>>> universally agree that even modest amounts of regular exercise are far
>>> more beneficial than no exercise at all and as such, these bikes are
>>> ideal for helping people of all ages to enhance their fitness. Even
>>> seemingly mundane tasks such as going to work, college or the shops on
>>> an electric bike can help to provide significant benefits to the health
>>> of the rider.
>>
>> Our new cycle hub has UK's first dedicated charging point for up to
>> six electric cycles at a time.
>>
>> Read more:
>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/New-Hull-Cycle-Hub-officially-opens-bike-hire/story-26878569-detail/story.html#ixzz3faBRYmKg
>>

> What an excellent facility.

What a waste of public money.

"It has been funded with a £108,000 grant from the Department of
Transport and a £24,000 grant from Humberside police and crime
commissioner Matthew Grove."

How many nurses could you employ with £132K?

Rob Morley
July 11th 15, 05:50 PM
On Sat, 11 Jul 2015 12:32:44 +0100
Bod > wrote:

> Because electric bikes reduce the level of effort required when
> compared to a regular bicycle, they offer the perfect way to bridge
> the gap between no cycling and cycling on a regular bike.

Except some of them require only the physical effort of pushing a
little button ... I was under the impression that legally they had to
be "assisted" i.e. only provide motor power when the pedals are
turning, but apparently that's either no longer the case or ignored by
some vendors.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home