PDA

View Full Version : Lights, camera, action

Alycidon
July 13th 15, 08:37 AM
About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.

QUOTE:
"We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html

Bod[_5_]
July 13th 15, 08:59 AM
On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:
> About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
>
> QUOTE:
> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."
>
> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html

Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for *everybody*.

MrCheerful
July 13th 15, 09:10 AM
On 13/07/2015 08:59, Bod wrote:
> On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:
>> About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
>>
>> QUOTE:
>> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle
>> around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air
>> quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."
>>
>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html
>>

> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for *everybody*.

How? There are very few cars that turn off their engines while
stationary, it makes sense to keep the traffic moving, removing an
entire lane at the busiest times is counterproductive to improving air
quality.

Alycidon
July 13th 15, 09:17 AM
On Monday, 13 July 2015 08:59:52 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
> On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:
> > About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
> >
> > QUOTE:
> > "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."
> >
> > http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html
> >
> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for *everybody*..

Indeed - my daughter cycles to work using a bus lane and it will mean she won't have to dodge the law breakers who ignore the rules and hopefully the drivers will see the buses passing by at speed and will decide to use them, or cycle instead of sitting there in cars, which will help air quality as you say.

jnugent
July 13th 15, 10:32 AM
On 13/07/2015 08:59, Bod wrote:

> On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:

>> About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
>
>> QUOTE:
>> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle
>> around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air
>> quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."
>
>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html
>
> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for *everybody*.

Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?

Bod[_5_]
July 13th 15, 10:43 AM
On 13/07/2015 10:32, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/07/2015 08:59, Bod wrote:
>
>> On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:
>
>>> About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle
>>> around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air
>>> quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active
>>> lifestyle."
>>
>>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html
>>>

>> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for
>> *everybody*.
>
> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?

And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have *zero*
emmisions.

Tarcap
July 13th 15, 11:18 AM
"Bod" wrote in message ...

On 13/07/2015 10:32, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/07/2015 08:59, Bod wrote:
>
>> On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:
>
>>> About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle
>>> around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air
>>> quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active
>>> lifestyle."
>>
>>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html
>>>

>> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for
>> *everybody*.
>
> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?

And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have *zero*
emmisions.

We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their bikes,
perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
Not a pleasant experience.

Alycidon
July 13th 15, 11:23 AM
On Monday, 13 July 2015 11:18:51 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:

> And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have *zero*
> emmisions.
>
> We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their bikes,
> perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
> Not a pleasant experience.

Wrong again.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/healthandbeauty/mother-and-baby/2015042424831/mark-cavendish-peta-todd-expecting-second-child/0-127-536/MarkCavendish--a.jpg

Tarcap
July 13th 15, 11:33 AM
"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Monday, 13 July 2015 11:18:51 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:

> And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have *zero*
> emmisions.
>
> We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their bikes,
> perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
> Not a pleasant experience.

Wrong again.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/healthandbeauty/mother-and-baby/2015042424831/mark-cavendish-peta-todd-expecting-second-child/0-127-536/MarkCavendish--a.jpg

I told you before - have a word with the milkman

Tosspot[_3_]
July 13th 15, 08:08 PM
On 13/07/15 11:32, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/07/2015 08:59, Bod wrote:
>
>> On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:
>
>>> About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle
>>> around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air
>>> quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active
>>> lifestyle."
>>
>>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html
>>>

>> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for
>> *everybody*.
>
> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?

"The authority says it is implementing the scheme in an attempt to
free-up lanes for buses, emergency vehicles and cyclists"

"We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle around
the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality,
while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."

David Lang
July 13th 15, 08:24 PM
On 13/07/2015 08:37, Alycidon wrote:
> About time that they clamped down on these 1000's of lawbreakers.
>
> QUOTE:
> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle around the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality, while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."
>
> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Bus-lane-cameras-active-tomorrow-greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html

"It says the automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras will
complement the existing work of Humberside Police in enforcing the
correct use of lanes."

What a shame those serial law breaking cyclists don't have number plates.

Alycidon
July 13th 15, 08:37 PM
On Monday, 13 July 2015 20:08:02 UTC+1, Tosspot wrote:

> "The authority says it is implementing the scheme in an attempt to
> free-up lanes for buses, emergency vehicles and cyclists"

And these numerous lawbreaking drivers potentially removed from the bus lanes would be a good start.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/main-topics/local-stories/three-cameras-catch-10-000-drivers-in-bus-lanes-over-14-days-1-6891898

jnugent
July 13th 15, 09:18 PM
On 13/07/2015 20:08, Tosspot wrote:
> On 13/07/15 11:32, JNugent wrote:

>>> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for
>>> *everybody*.
>>
>> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
>> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?
>

> "The authority says it is implementing the scheme in an attempt to
> free-up lanes for buses, emergency vehicles and cyclists"

> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle around
> the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality,
> while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."

They might "hope" for anything.

David Lang
July 13th 15, 09:39 PM
On 13/07/2015 21:18, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/07/2015 20:08, Tosspot wrote:

>>> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
>>> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?
>>

>> "The authority says it is implementing the scheme in an attempt to
>> free-up lanes for buses, emergency vehicles and cyclists"

>> "We also hope the new scheme will encourage more people to cycle around
>> the city, again reducing carbon emissions and improving air quality,
>> while encouraging people to live a healthier, active lifestyle."
>
> They might "hope" for anything.

The research of course says different.

Judith[_4_]
July 14th 15, 09:03 AM
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 03:23:10 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon > wrote:

>On Monday, 13 July 2015 11:18:51 UTC+1, Tarcap wrote:
>

>> And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have *zero*
>> emmisions.
>>
>> We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their bikes,
>> perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
>> Not a pleasant experience.
>
>Wrong again.
>
>http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/healthandbeauty/mother-and-baby/2015042424831/mark-cavendish-peta-todd-expecting-second-child/0-127-536/MarkCavendish--a.jpg

Just because she is having a brat does not mean that he is the father.

I understand that many wives of cyclists have to look elsewhere.

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 15th 15, 09:53 AM
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:18:46 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> "Bod" wrote in message ...
>
> On 13/07/2015 10:32, JNugent wrote:

greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html

>>> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for
>>> *everybody*.
>>
>> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
>> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?
>>
> And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have *zero*
> emmisions.
>
> We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their bikes,
> perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
> Not a pleasant experience.

I have absolutely no interest in being pleasant for the likes of you.

Tarcap
July 15th 15, 10:22 AM
"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:18:46 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> "Bod" wrote in message ...
>
> On 13/07/2015 10:32, JNugent wrote:

greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html

>>> Yup, it's got to be good news for an improved air quality for
>>> *everybody*.
>>
>> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
>> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?
>>
> And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have *zero*
> emmisions.
>
> We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their bikes,
> perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
> Not a pleasant experience.

I have absolutely no interest in being pleasant for the likes of you.

Or anyone at all.

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 16th 15, 09:41 AM
On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:22:12 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> "Peter Keller" wrote in message ...
>
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:18:46 +0100, Tarcap wrote:
>
>> "Bod" wrote in message ...

> greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html

>>> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
>>> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?
>>>
>> And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have
>> *zero*
>> emmisions.
>>
>> We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their
>> bikes,
>> perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
>> Not a pleasant experience.
>
> I have absolutely no interest in being pleasant for the likes of you.
>
> Or anyone at all.

And what gives you the ****ing over-weening arrogance to talk for other
people?
I ride a ****ing bike. That is apparently reason enough for you to think
of me as the pits. I take that as a great compliment.
And I am not going to change that.

Tarcap
July 16th 15, 11:48 AM
"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:22:12 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> "Peter Keller" wrote in message ...
>
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:18:46 +0100, Tarcap wrote:
>
>> "Bod" wrote in message ...

> greener-travel/story-26887060-detail/story.html

>>> Absolutely; there's nothing as good as causing nose-to-tail congestion
>>> and stop-start traffic conditions for reducing emissions, is there?
>>>
>> And who's causing the emmisions? It can't be cyclists, they have
>> *zero*
>> emmisions.
>>
>> We've done this one before - there may be no emissions from their
>> bikes,
>> perhaps, but have you ever stood near a cyclist?
>> Not a pleasant experience.
>
> I have absolutely no interest in being pleasant for the likes of you.
>
> Or anyone at all.

And what gives you the ****ing over-weening arrogance to talk for other
people?

It's all too apparent to be otherwise.

I ride a ****ing bike.

Did you buy it from ****ing Halfords?

That is apparently reason enough for you to think
of me as the pits.

No, you're not doing yourself justice - there are many, many other reasons
to think of you as the pits.

I take that as a great compliment.
And I am not going to change that.

Well I'll say one thing in your favour - you're easily pleased.

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 17th 15, 12:14 PM
On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 11:48:47 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

> "Peter Keller" wrote in message ...
>
> On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:22:12 +0100, Tarcap wrote:

>> I have absolutely no interest in being pleasant for the likes of you.
>>
>> Or anyone at all.
>
> And what gives you the ****ing over-weening arrogance to talk for other
> people?
>
> It's all too apparent to be otherwise.

How? Have you asked them?
Arrogant sod.

> I ride a ****ing bike.
>
> Did you buy it from ****ing Halfords?

What the **** is that to you?
It has two wheels, a saddle and ....

> That is apparently reason enough for you to think of me as the pits.
>
> No, you're not doing yourself justice - there are many, many other
> reasons to think of you as the pits.

Thanks very much greatly for that great compliment cumming from you.
Now please crap to me the further honour of the unholy spawn of a bandy-
legged hobo and a syphilitic camel.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home