PDA

View Full Version : CYCLING AND ROAD RAGE

Bod[_5_]
July 29th 15, 09:09 AM
IS SOCIAL MEDIA MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE?
There seems to be much antagonism between cyclists and motorists on
roads nowadays, but where does this come from? Motoring journalist
Quentin Willson states that “There’s a “huge antipathy” between people
on bikes and in cars…We’ve got a minority of cyclists and car drivers
who are aggressive. It results in a war of attrition between two and
four wheels.”

http://www.velosure.co.uk/cycling-and-road-rage

--
Bod

Alycidon
July 29th 15, 09:17 AM
On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 09:09:57 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
> IS SOCIAL MEDIA MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE?
> There seems to be much antagonism between cyclists and motorists on
> roads nowadays, but where does this come from? Motoring journalist
> Quentin Willson states that "There's a "huge antipathy" between people
> on bikes and in cars...We've got a minority of cyclists and car drivers
> who are aggressive. It results in a war of attrition between two and
> four wheels."

They also get jailed for attacking their own kind.

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015/07/25/jailed-road-rage-attack-thug-is-locked-up/

Bod[_5_]
July 29th 15, 09:21 AM
On 29/07/2015 09:17, Alycidon wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 09:09:57 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
>> IS SOCIAL MEDIA MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE?
>> There seems to be much antagonism between cyclists and motorists on
>> roads nowadays, but where does this come from? Motoring journalist
>> Quentin Willson states that "There's a "huge antipathy" between people
>> on bikes and in cars...We've got a minority of cyclists and car drivers
>> who are aggressive. It results in a war of attrition between two and
>> four wheels."
>
> They also get jailed for attacking their own kind.
>
> http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2015/07/25/jailed-road-rage-attack-thug-is-locked-up/

Road rage between car drivers happens on a daily basis.
These people need to chill out and get a life.

Alycidon
July 29th 15, 09:39 AM
On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 09:21:39 UTC+1, Bod wrote:

> Road rage between car drivers happens on a daily basis.
> These people need to chill out and get a life.

They even turn on courteous drivers though!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177780/Shocking-moment-motorist-loses-temper-makes-series-obscene-gestures-learner-driver-pulling-let-ambulance-past.html

Bod[_5_]
July 29th 15, 09:47 AM
On 29/07/2015 09:39, Alycidon wrote:
> On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 09:21:39 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
>
>> Road rage between car drivers happens on a daily basis.
>> These people need to chill out and get a life.
>
> They even turn on courteous drivers though!
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177780/Shocking-moment-motorist-loses-temper-makes-series-obscene-gestures-learner-driver-pulling-let-ambulance-past.html

Dear o dear! When I'm driving my car I always back right off whenever
there is a learner car in front. I'm sure it takes the pressure off of
the learners a bit. I give them all the time that they need.
The last thing they need is a bad tempered **** like that behind them.

David Lang
July 29th 15, 06:27 PM
On 29/07/2015 09:47, Bod wrote:
> On 29/07/2015 09:39, Alycidon wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 09:21:39 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
>>
>>> Road rage between car drivers happens on a daily basis.
>>> These people need to chill out and get a life.
>>
>> They even turn on courteous drivers though!
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177780/Shocking-moment-motorist-loses-temper-makes-series-obscene-gestures-learner-driver-pulling-let-ambulance-past.html
>>

> Dear o dear! When I'm driving my car I always back right off whenever
> there is a learner car in front. I'm sure it takes the pressure off of
> the learners a bit. I give them all the time that they need.
> The last thing they need is a bad tempered **** like that behind them.%

Cyclists SOP. When accused of law breaking, find someone worse, ignoring
the fact that they represent 99% of passenger journeys instead of
cyclists 1%.

Now, back to the subject. Why do people hate cyclists?

They are annoying, sanctimonious ****s. They are sponging freeloaders.
They whinge all the time. They always want something done just for them.

Oh, and they look like bell ends.

Mr Pounder Esquire
July 29th 15, 06:46 PM
"David Lang" > wrote in message
> On 29/07/2015 09:47, Bod wrote:

>>> They even turn on courteous drivers though!
>>>
>>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177780/Shocking-moment-motorist-loses-temper-makes-series-obscene-gestures-learner-driver-pulling-let-ambulance-past.html
>>>

>> Dear o dear! When I'm driving my car I always back right off whenever
>> there is a learner car in front. I'm sure it takes the pressure off of
>> the learners a bit. I give them all the time that they need.
>> The last thing they need is a bad tempered **** like that behind them.%
>
> Cyclists SOP. When accused of law breaking, find someone worse, ignoring
> the fact that they represent 99% of passenger journeys instead of cyclists
> 1%.
>
> Now, back to the subject. Why do people hate cyclists?
>
> They are annoying, sanctimonious ****s. They are sponging freeloaders.
> They whinge all the time. They always want something done just for them.
>
> Oh, and they look like bell ends.

This entire thread was started by a person who admits to, defends and is
proud of driving at 120mph on the motorway.
He also admits to, defends and is proud of jumping red traffic lights.
Just what kind of person would commit these shocking offences, defend their
action and be proud?
He is a cyclist.

jnugent
July 29th 15, 10:30 PM
On 29/07/2015 18:46, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> "David Lang" > wrote in message

>>> Dear o dear! When I'm driving my car I always back right off whenever
>>> there is a learner car in front. I'm sure it takes the pressure off of
>>> the learners a bit. I give them all the time that they need.
>>> The last thing they need is a bad tempered **** like that behind them.%
>>
>> Cyclists SOP. When accused of law breaking, find someone worse, ignoring
>> the fact that they represent 99% of passenger journeys instead of cyclists
>> 1%.
>>
>> Now, back to the subject. Why do people hate cyclists?
>>
>> They are annoying, sanctimonious ****s. They are sponging freeloaders.
>> They whinge all the time. They always want something done just for them.
>>
>> Oh, and they look like bell ends.
>
> This entire thread was started by a person who admits to, defends and is
> proud of driving at 120mph on the motorway.
> He also admits to, defends and is proud of jumping red traffic lights.
> Just what kind of person would commit these shocking offences, defend their
> action and be proud?
> He is a cyclist.

Does/did he also drive a car with non-functioning windscreen wipers
across northern Europe?

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 30th 15, 09:36 AM
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:27:19 +0100, David Lang wrote:

> bell ends

I really enjoy looking like a bell end.
I take that as a great compliment.

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 30th 15, 09:38 AM
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 18:46:03 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

> "David Lang" > wrote in message

motorist-loses-temper-makes-series-obscene-gestures-learner-driver-
pulling-let-ambulance-past.html

>>> Dear o dear! When I'm driving my car I always back right off whenever
>>> there is a learner car in front. I'm sure it takes the pressure off of
>>> the learners a bit. I give them all the time that they need.
>>> The last thing they need is a bad tempered **** like that behind
>>> them.%
>>
>> Cyclists SOP. When accused of law breaking, find someone worse,
>> ignoring the fact that they represent 99% of passenger journeys instead
>> of cyclists 1%.
>>
>> Now, back to the subject. Why do people hate cyclists?
>>
>> They are annoying, sanctimonious ****s. They are sponging freeloaders.
>> They whinge all the time. They always want something done just for
>> them.
>>
>> Oh, and they look like bell ends.
>
> This entire thread was started by a person who admits to, defends and is
> proud of driving at 120mph on the motorway.
> He also admits to, defends and is proud of jumping red traffic lights.
> Just what kind of person would commit these shocking offences, defend
> their action and be proud?
> He is a cyclist.

Driving the bicycle at 120mph?

Judith[_4_]
July 30th 15, 11:38 PM
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 09:09:54 +0100, Bod > wrote:

>IS SOCIAL MEDIA MAKING THE SITUATION WORSE?
>There seems to be much antagonism between cyclists and motorists on
>roads nowadays, but where does this come from?

It comes from thousands and thousands of motorists seeing cyclists breaking the
law every single day.

Next question?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home