PDA

View Full Version : Viable transport? or just **** riders?

MrCheerful
July 29th 15, 09:15 PM
Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592

TMS320
July 30th 15, 12:05 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote

> Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592

It would be better if it was 100%.

Bret Cahill
July 30th 15, 04:11 AM
> Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!

A 3rd involve motorists. What's yer point?

Get motorists off the road?

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 30th 15, 09:40 AM
On Wed, 29 Jul 2015 21:15:52 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

> Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592

So three quarters of bicyclist crashes involve another vehicle.
This is news?

RJH[_2_]
July 30th 15, 12:26 PM
On 29/07/2015 21:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
> Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592

That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.

I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.

--
Cheers, Rob

David Lang
July 30th 15, 04:24 PM
On 30/07/2015 12:26, RJH wrote:
> On 29/07/2015 21:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
>> Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592
>
> That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
> me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.
>
> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
> Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.

Just imagine. If you made some contribution to the roads, people might
take notice of your moans.

Alycidon
July 30th 15, 04:36 PM
On Thursday, 30 July 2015 12:26:36 UTC+1, RJH wrote:

> That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
> me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.
>
> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
> Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.

Our roads are not too bad which, given the fact that we have had no council tax rises for 5 years, is pretty good.

Rob Morley
July 30th 15, 05:48 PM
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:26:35 +0100
RJH > wrote:

> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike
> wheels. Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.

I use Schwalbe Big Apples in 2.35" - they roll nicely and soak up
bumps, the only down side is the weight, which isn't an issue for me.

RJH[_2_]
July 30th 15, 06:24 PM
On 30/07/2015 16:24, David Lang wrote:
> On 30/07/2015 12:26, RJH wrote:
>> On 29/07/2015 21:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
>>> Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!
>>>
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592
>>
>> That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
>> me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.
>>
>> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
>> Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.
>>
> Just imagine. If you made some contribution to the roads, people might
> take notice of your moans.

Aha. Roads are paid for through *all* taxation. On the whole, all tax,
direct and indirect, gets put in a pot and spat out by central
government. The main exception is council tax.

None of which means I necessarily contribute anything. Best not go there ;-)

And in point of fact, Sheffield has just got itself in hoc to the tune
of some billions, ostensibly to fix the roads.

--
Cheers, Rob

RJH[_2_]
July 30th 15, 06:26 PM
On 30/07/2015 16:36, Alycidon wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 12:26:36 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
>
>> That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
>> me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.
>>
>> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
>> Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.
>
> Our roads are not too bad which, given the fact that we have had no council tax rises for 5 years, is pretty good.

Sheffield's roads are just about the worst I've ever experienced in a
European country.

--
Cheers, Rob

RJH[_2_]
July 30th 15, 06:30 PM
On 30/07/2015 17:48, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:26:35 +0100
> RJH > wrote:
>
>> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike
>> wheels. Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.
>
> I use Schwalbe Big Apples in 2.35" - they roll nicely and soak up
> bumps, the only down side is the weight, which isn't an issue for me.

Ah, thanks. I bought the Schwalbe City Jet 1.5". Quite a price
difference (£9 - £22), but I'll certainly bear them in mind next time.

--
Cheers, Rob

David Lang
July 30th 15, 07:24 PM
On 30/07/2015 18:24, RJH wrote:
> On 30/07/2015 16:24, David Lang wrote:

>>> That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
>>> me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.
>>>
>>> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
>>> Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.
>>>
>> Just imagine. If you made some contribution to the roads, people might
>> take notice of your moans.
>>

> Aha. Roads are paid for through *all* taxation. On the whole, all tax,
> direct and indirect, gets put in a pot and spat out by central
> government. The main exception is council tax.

Standard cyclists reply to alleviate their guilt.

Q; What specific extra taxes to you pay to use your vehicle (push bike)
on the road?

A: None

Therefore you are a sponging freeloader.

> None of which means I necessarily contribute anything. Best not go there
> ;-)
>
> And in point of fact, Sheffield has just got itself in hoc to the tune
> of some billions, ostensibly to fix the roads.

Alycidon
July 30th 15, 07:36 PM
On Thursday, 30 July 2015 18:24:54 UTC+1, RJH wrote:

> Aha. Roads are paid for through *all* taxation. On the whole, all tax,
> direct and indirect, gets put in a pot and spat out by central
> government.

You mean the tax on my beer does not go directly into repairing breweries?
What a swizz.

Bod[_5_]
July 30th 15, 07:56 PM
On 30/07/2015 19:36, Alycidon wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 18:24:54 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
>
>> Aha. Roads are paid for through *all* taxation. On the whole, all tax,
>> direct and indirect, gets put in a pot and spat out by central
>> government.
>
> You mean the tax on my beer does not go directly into repairing breweries?
> What a swizz.

A lot of our tax pays for cocaine & prostitutes for MPs :-)

Mr Pounder Esquire
July 30th 15, 08:35 PM
"Bod" > wrote in message
> On 30/07/2015 19:36, Alycidon wrote:
>> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 18:24:54 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
>>
>>> Aha. Roads are paid for through *all* taxation. On the whole, all tax,
>>> direct and indirect, gets put in a pot and spat out by central
>>> government.
>>
>> You mean the tax on my beer does not go directly into repairing
>> breweries?
>> What a swizz.
>>
> A lot of our tax pays for cocaine & prostitutes for MPs :-)

And cycle paths for uninsured, unregulated, unaccountable cyclists.
I resent this intensely.

David Lang
July 30th 15, 11:13 PM
On 30/07/2015 19:36, Alycidon wrote:
> On Thursday, 30 July 2015 18:24:54 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
>
>> Aha. Roads are paid for through *all* taxation. On the whole, all tax,
>> direct and indirect, gets put in a pot and spat out by central
>> government.
>
> You mean the tax on my beer does not go directly into repairing breweries?
> What a swizz.

The idiot boy is of course missing the point again.

Everybody pays general tax. Motorists pay specific extra taxes to use
their vehicles on the roads.

Judith[_4_]
July 30th 15, 11:17 PM
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 12:26:35 +0100, RJH > wrote:

>On 29/07/2015 21:15, Mrcheerful wrote:
>> Almost a quarter of cyclist crashes involve no other vehicle !!!!!
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-33705592
>
>That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
>me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.
>
>I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
>Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.

fascinating

Judith[_4_]
July 30th 15, 11:20 PM
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:36:24 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon > wrote:

>On Thursday, 30 July 2015 12:26:36 UTC+1, RJH wrote:
>
>> That's of no surprise to me. Increasingly, the largest single hazard to
>> me, at least here in Sheffield, is the condition of the roads.
>>
>> I recently put some relatively skinny tyres on my mountain bike wheels.
>> Much faster, but a real problem around potholes.
>
>Our roads are not too bad which, given the fact that we have had no council tax rises for 5 years, is pretty good.

It would take more than a few decent roads to make me want me to live in one of
the most deprived ****-holes in the UK called Hull.

Peter Keller[_3_]
July 31st 15, 09:19 AM
On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 23:13:19 +0100, David Lang wrote:

> idiot boy

Why do people insult others?

According to psychologists, people with an unwarranted sense of
accomplishment often present as arrogant, elitist snobs, and are known to
hurl insults at anyone who threatens their fragile self-esteem

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home