PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln drivers are the worst in the UK for road rage new studyclaims

Bod[_5_]
August 1st 15, 09:41 AM
2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"

"Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"

http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html
--
Bod

Bod[_5_]
August 1st 15, 09:43 AM
On 01/08/2015 09:41, Bod wrote:
> Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>
> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>
> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html

Note....... "drivers" *not* "cyclists" :-)

Alycidon
August 1st 15, 09:51 AM
On Saturday, 1 August 2015 09:41:58 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
> 2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>
> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>
> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html
> --
> Bod

Probably caused by the railway barriers in the centre of the city - at least cyclists are not going to be held up anymore.

https://www.networkrail.co.uk/improvements/Lincoln-level-crossings/

David Lang
August 1st 15, 10:24 AM
On 01/08/2015 09:41, Bod wrote:
> 2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>
> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>
> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html

How many people took part in the survey?
How were they selected?
How were the questions phrased?

Seems that only cyclists are thick enough to believe half baked rubbish
designed to create free publicity.

Bod[_5_]
August 1st 15, 10:35 AM
On 01/08/2015 10:24, David Lang wrote:
> On 01/08/2015 09:41, Bod wrote:
>> 2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
>> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>>
>> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
>> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
>> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
>> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>>
>> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html
>>

> How many people took part in the survey?
> How were they selected?
> How were the questions phrased?
>
> Seems that only cyclists are thick enough to believe half baked rubbish
> designed to create free publicity.

I cycle about 2% of the time and the rest is in my car, so where does
that leave me?
Am I only 2% thick and 98% clever? :-)

David Lang
August 1st 15, 10:57 AM
On 01/08/2015 10:35, Bod wrote:
> On 01/08/2015 10:24, David Lang wrote:
>> On 01/08/2015 09:41, Bod wrote:
>>> 2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
>>> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>>>
>>> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
>>> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
>>> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
>>> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>>>
>>> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html
>>>

>> How many people took part in the survey?
>> How were they selected?
>> How were the questions phrased?
>>
>> Seems that only cyclists are thick enough to believe half baked rubbish
>> designed to create free publicity.
> >
> I cycle about 2% of the time and the rest is in my car, so where does
> that leave me?
> Am I only 2% thick and 98% clever? :-)

A recent survey showed that even 2% cycling has a negative effect on
your mental health.

Bod[_5_]
August 1st 15, 11:00 AM
On 01/08/2015 10:57, David Lang wrote:
> On 01/08/2015 10:35, Bod wrote:

>>> How many people took part in the survey?
>>> How were they selected?
>>> How were the questions phrased?
>>>
>>> Seems that only cyclists are thick enough to believe half baked rubbish
>>> designed to create free publicity.
>> >
>> I cycle about 2% of the time and the rest is in my car, so where does
>> that leave me?
>> Am I only 2% thick and 98% clever? :-)
>
> A recent survey showed that even 2% cycling has a negative effect on
> your mental health.

Do you think I should see a shrink?

jnugent
August 1st 15, 12:03 PM
On 01/08/2015 09:41, Bod wrote:

> 2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>
> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>
> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html

The author ought to try Warminster, which to judge from the standard of
driving by locals, seems to be in the Campagna region of Italy.

NEMO
August 1st 15, 02:45 PM
On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:41:57 +0100, Bod > wrote:

Why would anyone want to drive a Lincoln? It's a piece of skata!

Judith[_4_]
August 1st 15, 03:28 PM
On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:41:57 +0100, Bod > wrote:

>2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
>experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>
>"Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
>places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
>ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
>reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>
>http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html

If you look at the table the following are in the top four:

1 Lincoln
3 Peterborough
4 Hull

They are all highly deprived areas with a large number of poor people and hence
a large number of cyclists. Perhaps that is the root cause of the problems

Judith[_4_]
August 1st 15, 03:30 PM
On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 01:51:44 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon > wrote:

>On Saturday, 1 August 2015 09:41:58 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
>> 2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
>> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>>
>> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
>> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
>> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
>> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>>
>> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html
>> --
>> Bod
>
>Probably caused by the railway barriers in the centre of the city - at least cyclists are not going to be held up anymore.
>
>https://www.networkrail.co.uk/improvements/Lincoln-level-crossings/

Ah yes - cyclists using the "footbridges" - no surprise there then.

Bret Cahill
August 1st 15, 04:39 PM
> 2Six out of ten drivers in Lincoln (61 per cent) say they regularly
> experience road rage while motoring in and around our city"
>
> "Remarkably, the survey, which was conducted by an insurance company,
> places Lincoln well above London for aggressive drivers. The capital was
> ranked 13th in the national league table with 41 per cent of motorists
> reporting they are regularly abused on the roads"
>
> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Lincoln-drivers-worst-UK-road-rage-new-study/story-26876263-detail/story.html

Getting the information for the study might be tricky but a public health dept. at a university needs to do something on those law enforcement incidents that are so common in the U. S., i.e., cops beating up great grand mothers 15 year old girls in bikinis, shooting blacks in the back for minor traffic offenses, etc.

I'm willing to bet 95% of the time the cop got less than 100 cal worth of aerobic exercise during the 40 hour period preceding the incident.

There should be some blood or other test to determine the recent physical activity or inactivity of anyone, much like drug and alcohol testing.

If the cop didn't run swim or cycle in a time period before the poor judgment incident this information could be documented and used at the trial.

Bret Cahill

Tony Hwang
August 1st 15, 05:51 PM
NEMO wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:41:57 +0100, Bod > wrote:
>

> Why would anyone want to drive a Lincoln? It's a piece of skata!

Maybe folks there are not used to handling little larger cars?

NEMO
August 1st 15, 07:18 PM
On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 10:51:10 -0600, Tony Hwang >
wrote:

>NEMO wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 09:41:57 +0100, Bod > wrote:
>>

>> Why would anyone want to drive a Lincoln? It's a piece of skata!
>>
>Maybe folks there are not used to handling little larger cars?

Quite possibly...there's not much of a market for jewish canoes in the
UKraine.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home