PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a hirez image of JOE KOCHANOWSKI???

Jeff Potter
October 28th 03, 08:55 PM
I'm almost ready to go to press with the new edition of "The Recumbent
Bicycle." Whew!

I'm still missing something.

---A photo of Jumpin Joe!

It seems neither he nor his pals are very wired despite looking like
they are just that.

No one can get a print-quality scan to me!!!

You know the kind of photo I want---one of hero Joe wearing his infamous
welder's gloves riding a Mayhem Mobile.

Please if you have such a scan, please email it to me at the demunged:
jp "at" outyourbackdoor.com.

THANKS! You'll get photo credits in the only all-bent book in English!

And with this new edition I'm going to really step up sales and get the
book into the nation's bookstores and lots more bikeshops, too.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Jeff Wills
October 29th 03, 02:22 AM
Jeff Potter > wrote in message >...
> I'm almost ready to go to press with the new edition of "The Recumbent
> Bicycle." Whew!
>
> I'm still missing something.
>
> ---A photo of Jumpin Joe!

You ought to ask the Slovenians who were at Battle Mountain:
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2003/images/ArneHodalic/WHPSC-2003-Hodalic.htm
specifically:
http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2003/images/ArneHodalic/DSC_1153c.jpg

(other) Jeff

Jeff Potter
October 29th 03, 04:24 AM
I'm afeerd that no photos of the Real Joe were taken at Battle Mt. He had an actually tidy bike there. No welder's
gloves in sight. (Altho he did put in a great report to BROL about dumpsterdiving while he was there.) No, I need a
photo of the Real Joe and all he represents, as in:

http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

This is truly the mighty kingdom of Joe. But it's all lo-rez! Aargh! That website owner hasn't replied yet via
email. None of those guys have nuthin I can use or they don't use email even if they have big websites. Sheesh!

Jeff Wills wrote:

> specifically:
> http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/whpsc2003/images/ArneHodalic/DSC_1153c.jpg

--

Jeff Potter
****
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com
publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself culture...
...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies...
...rare books on ski, bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller
about smalltown smuggling ... more radical novels coming up!
...original downloadable music ... and articles galore!
plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums! HOLY SMOKES!

Jeff Wills
October 29th 03, 06:16 PM
Jeff Potter > wrote in message >...

> This is truly the mighty kingdom of Joe. But it's all lo-rez! Aargh! That website owner hasn't replied yet via
> email. None of those guys have nuthin I can use or they don't use email even if they have big websites. Sheesh!

http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/joekoch/pages/zach004.htm
isn't good enough??

If you want a 1200 x 1600 image, I can pull it from my files.

Jeff (other Jeff)

Jeff Potter
October 30th 03, 03:04 AM
Jeff Wills wrote:

> http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/joekoch/pages/zach004.htm
> isn't good enough??
>
> If you want a 1200 x 1600 image, I can pull it from my files.

Nope, that one doesn't capture Jumpin Joe at all. Well, a TEENSY bit. There are so many great full-on Joe images out
there. I just need one at hi-rez. Have anything more in your files? This is going down to the wire! I need one with
Joe in headgear, welder gloves, and wild rickety bike.

--

Jeff Potter
****
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com
publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself culture...
...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies...
...rare books on ski, bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller
about smalltown smuggling ... more radical novels coming up!
...original downloadable music ... and articles galore!
plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums! HOLY SMOKES!

Jeff Wills
October 30th 03, 08:10 PM
Jeff Potter > wrote in message >...
> Jeff Wills wrote:
>
> > http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/joekoch/pages/zach004.htm
> > isn't good enough??
> >
> > If you want a 1200 x 1600 image, I can pull it from my files.
>
> Nope, that one doesn't capture Jumpin Joe at all. Well, a TEENSY bit. There are so many great full-on Joe images out
> there. I just need one at hi-rez. Have anything more in your files? This is going down to the wire! I need one with
> Joe in headgear, welder gloves, and wild rickety bike.

That particular album is pretty much all *I* have of Joe.

Jeff

John W
October 31st 03, 06:45 PM
http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

"Jeff Potter" > wrote in message
.. .
> I'm almost ready to go to press with the new edition of "The Recumbent
> Bicycle." Whew!
>
> I'm still missing something.
>
> ---A photo of Jumpin Joe!
>
> It seems neither he nor his pals are very wired despite looking like
> they are just that.
>
> No one can get a print-quality scan to me!!!
>
> You know the kind of photo I want---one of hero Joe wearing his infamous
> welder's gloves riding a Mayhem Mobile.
>
> Please if you have such a scan, please email it to me at the demunged:
> jp "at" outyourbackdoor.com.
>
> THANKS! You'll get photo credits in the only all-bent book in English!
>
> And with this new edition I'm going to really step up sales and get the
> book into the nation's bookstores and lots more bikeshops, too.
>
> --
>
> Jeff Potter
> ****
> *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com
> publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself culture...
> ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies...
> ...rare books on ski, bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller
> about smalltown smuggling ... more radical novels coming up!
> ...original downloadable music ... and articles galore!
> plus national "Off the Beaten Path" travel forums! HOLY SMOKES!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home