PDA

View Full Version : Chinese recumbent bicycle truck pic

Mike Maas
October 29th 03, 01:31 PM
Thought this group might get a kick out of this. Not my pic.

http://www.pbase.com/image/22630356
remove "-nospam" from email to reply

Jfreewheel
October 30th 03, 05:54 PM
So front wheel drive bents are not unique to the western world ! Very
utilitarian design worth copying.

J Gaerlan - Gaerlan Custom Cycles
http://www.gaerlan.com
Framebuilding,Recumbent and Bike Parts eStore
(415)362-3866: (415)677-8943 fax

Captain Dondo
November 1st 03, 06:40 PM
Mike Maas wrote:
> Thought this group might get a kick out of this. Not my pic.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/22630356
> remove "-nospam" from email to reply

I bet it's the back end of a bike, cut off and grafted on to a welded
frame. Look at the "rear" triangle geometry and how the reversed fork
attaches to it.

Very cool....

-Dondo

--
What am I on?
I'm on my bike, o__

Ian
November 1st 03, 09:45 PM
Captain Dondo must be edykated coz e writed:

> Mike Maas wrote:
>> Thought this group might get a kick out of this. Not my pic.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/image/22630356
>> remove "-nospam" from email to reply
>
> I bet it's the back end of a bike, cut off and grafted on to a welded
> frame. Look at the "rear" triangle geometry and how the reversed fork
> attaches to it.
>
> Very cool....
>
> -Dondo
How did you guys get the prototype pics for the Catrike Utility?

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Don
November 2nd 03, 01:27 AM
That bike must be wicked fast to need two air bags on the steering
wheel. OK, maybe not wicked fast--just very bad brakes. Don

ai4i
November 2nd 03, 01:46 PM
Maybe Dan Kavanaugh will license them to manufacture his Organic Engine SUV!

--

Joel Wilson
Fort Lauderdale
"Mike Maas" > wrote in message
> Thought this group might get a kick out of this. Not my pic.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/22630356
> remove "-nospam" from email to reply

ai4i
November 2nd 03, 01:53 PM
Oops, I forgot the footnote:
http://www.organicengines.com/SUV/index.htm

--

"ai4i" > wrote in message
> Maybe Dan Kavanaugh will license them to manufacture his Organic Engine
SUV!

> --
>
> Joel Wilson
> Fort Lauderdale
> Proud 2 B a pioneering satellite radio subscriber
> AI4I is always on the trailing edge of technology
> "Mike Maas" > wrote in message
> > Thought this group might get a kick out of this. Not my pic.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/22630356
> > remove "-nospam" from email to reply

Christopher Jordan
November 2nd 03, 06:07 PM
(Jfreewheel) wrote in message >...
> So front wheel drive bents are not unique to the western world ! Very
> utilitarian design worth copying.

I wonder who is copying who. The S.U.V. or load carrying trikes
around the world. Interesting to have a smaller design like this-
neat design; useful for something! Storage space keeps me from
getting tandems, quads,velomobiles, or more designs of HPVs, hybrids,
etc.

Chris Jordan
Santa Cruz, CA.

Google