PDA

View Full Version : Honda Bicycle

john riley
November 7th 03, 05:21 PM
At the Tokyo Motor Show. I have no idea what it is. Looks like a MTB,
but it has road tires. I assume the big box is some sort of
transmission.

http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0400.jpg

http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0064.jpg

http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0065.jpg

tzenobite
November 7th 03, 10:17 PM
this is the new honda's lethal weapon for downhill races ;-) there's a
pair of japanese pilots racing in the world cup, i suppose they will
drive this wonderful toys next season
the big box contains a 7 speed gearbox
sometimes recumbent and downhill bikes shares some components, for
example rolhoff hub: this is because a major issue for a dh rider is
how not to loose the chain when dumping and jumping at 40+ mph ;-)
i think slick tires are only for the show
however, even it's not a bent, it's really a beauty...
you can see it better here:
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=list&keyselect=1&keyword=honda
+rn+01&Submit=Search
matteo
italia
downhill and mtb race organizer

Jeff Wills
November 7th 03, 11:37 PM
(john riley) wrote in message >...
> At the Tokyo Motor Show. I have no idea what it is. Looks like a MTB,
> but it has road tires. I assume the big box is some sort of
> transmission.
>
> http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0400.jpg
>
> http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0064.jpg
>
> http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0065.jpg

I couldn't get the links to work- is this it?
http://world.honda.com/news/2003/2030203.html

Jeff

Mark Leuck
November 8th 03, 01:16 AM
"Jeff Wills" > wrote in message
om...
> (john riley) wrote in message
> > At the Tokyo Motor Show. I have no idea what it is. Looks like a MTB,
> > but it has road tires. I assume the big box is some sort of
> > transmission.
> >
> > http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0400.jpg
> >
> > http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0064.jpg
> >
> > http://sohc.vtec.net/news_files/165605/03tms_tov-0065.jpg
>
> I couldn't get the links to work- is this it?
> http://world.honda.com/news/2003/2030203.html
>
> Jeff

The links worked fine for me and yes thats the same bike

skip
November 8th 03, 03:10 PM
"tzenobite" > wrote in message
> this is the new honda's lethal weapon for downhill races ;-) there's a
> pair of japanese pilots racing in the world cup, i suppose they will
> drive this wonderful toys next season
> the big box contains a 7 speed gearbox
> sometimes recumbent and downhill bikes shares some components, for
> example rolhoff hub: this is because a major issue for a dh rider is
> how not to loose the chain when dumping and jumping at 40+ mph ;-)
> i think slick tires are only for the show
> however, even it's not a bent, it's really a beauty...
> you can see it better here:
> http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=list&keyselect=1&keyword=honda
> +rn+01&Submit=Search
> matteo
> italia
> downhill and mtb race organizer

I know little about downhill racing other than it's a race to see who gets
to the bottom of the hill the quickest. I'm wondering why a downhill race
bike would have a seven speed transmission? I thought it was just bombs
away for those guys. You never see them pedaling up the hill.

skip

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home