PDA

View Full Version : Cyclist Killed

Jimscozz
November 26th 03, 06:30 PM
Sad to report that yet another cyclist has been killed here in South
Florida. Mark Webb, a friend of mine and one of the few recumbent riders
here was killed early this morning. It has been a bad year for the West
Palm Beach Bicycle Club. Read the story:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/1126crash.html
Jim Scozzafava

S. Delaire \Rotatorrecumbent\
November 28th 03, 05:39 PM
Sad news indeed.
On the flip side
This is only the fifth fatality of a recumbent rider I am aware of.
(In my 20 years of recumbent riding)
I see it as pretty decent odds.
According to the American Automobile Association :
42,000 died in cars last year. Such a common experience that few people are
alarmed!
900 on bicycles (no separation for style of bike)
USA statistics
My condolences to his family and friends.
Speedy

Jimscozz wrote:

> Sad to report that yet another cyclist has been killed here in South
> Florida. Mark Webb, a friend of mine and one of the few recumbent riders
> here was killed early this morning. It has been a bad year for the West
> Palm Beach Bicycle Club. Read the story:
> http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/1126crash.html
> Jim Scozzafava

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home