PDA

View Full Version : Cycling shorts for men with big balls....

Barney
July 28th 03, 09:40 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always too
tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert to
the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make shorts
without a "drip tray"?

Cheers,

Barney

henry
July 29th 03, 02:54 AM
have one removed...it worked for Lance!

"Barney" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always
too
> tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert
> the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make
shorts
> without a "drip tray"?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Barney

Sorni
July 29th 03, 05:50 AM
"Barney" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always
too
> tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert
> the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make
shorts
> without a "drip tray"?

Google Brock Bailey.

Sentence-crafter Bill

July 29th 03, 06:50 AM
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:40:58 +0100, "Barney"
> wrote:

>Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always=
too
>tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling insert=
>the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any manufacturers make =
shorts
>without a "drip tray"?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Barney

Men's bicycling shorts are stupid. The black lycra shorts for road
bicyclists are ugly, hot, and too confining. The baggy shorts for
off-road with liners are equally stupid. Something that is trim fit but
stretchy like Sportifs are what is needed.

Suggest that you acquire some Sportif shorts and sew in a saddle patch,
available from Performance Bicycles to get shorts that are stretchy, neat
looking. comfortable, and do not look like an idiot cyclist.

LB

Steve McDonald
July 29th 03, 10:36 AM
Two of the best in racing sports this year are geldings. You
should explore that option, if it troubles you so much. Or, did you
just want to proclaim on the WWW that you've got big ones?

Steve McDonald

JerZ Fox
July 29th 03, 01:45 PM
So are women's. They feel like you're wearing a girdle with a sanitary pad!
And there isn't much of a choice for women who are bigger than a size 12.

>Men's bicycling shorts are stupid. The black lycra shorts for road
>bicyclists are ugly, hot, and too confining. The baggy shorts for
>off-road with liners are equally stupid. Something that is trim fit but
>stretchy like Sportifs are what is needed.

James Hodson
July 29th 03, 03:51 PM
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:50:08 -0500, > wrote:

>The baggy shorts for off-road with liners are equally stupid.
>Something that is trim fit butstretchy like Sportifs are what is needed.

Hi LB

I have a few pairs of Shimano off-road style shorts that are
reasonably trim in the fit. I use these shorts for both general
trundling around and for longer rides.

They are "trim fit butstretchy". Also, they're quite decent-looking to
wear off the bike - they don't scare the animals, the children or the
old ladies. (It's occasionally a little hard to differenciate between
the first two groups!!)

James

--
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/Larrau.jpg

Jkpoulos7
July 29th 03, 09:51 PM
>Bib shorts.
>
>You don't go back.

But the sausage can hang at an angle.

Pete Hickey
July 30th 03, 03:30 AM
In article <WYfVa.1136$nq.761@news-fe1>,
Barney > wrote:
>Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is always too
>tight around my groin, ....

Ice cubes. Put a few in your shorts, and it'll shrink 'em.
Then the shorts will fit better.

-Pete

LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Did you know that 86% of North Americans cannot
taste the difference between fried dog and fried cat?

July 30th 03, 05:51 PM
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:51:29 +0100, James Hodson
> wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:50:08 -0500, > wrote:
>

>>The baggy shorts for off-road with liners are equally stupid.
>>Something that is trim fit butstretchy like Sportifs are what is =
needed.

James,

The Shimano shorts you mention sound like some Nikes I bought many years
ago but have completely worn out. They were a stretch twill with an
ultra-suede-like lining in the crotch (no padding). Also had side =
pockets
and one back pocket and a plastic zippered fly. Nashbar had something
similar but with a terry cloth crotch and side pockets only.

If anyone knows of a source for these kinds of shorts, I'd appreciate
knowing about it. TIA

LB

>Hi LB
>
>I have a few pairs of Shimano off-road style shorts that are
>reasonably trim in the fit. I use these shorts for both general
>trundling around and for longer rides.
>
>They are "trim fit butstretchy". Also, they're quite decent-looking to
>wear off the bike - they don't scare the animals, the children or the
>old ladies. (It's occasionally a little hard to differenciate between
>the first two groups!!)
>
>James

Jiyang Chen
August 30th 03, 02:26 AM
And your company is...?
"Rangerdick" > wrote in message
> Anonymous wrote:
> > Does anyone have any recommendations? I find that the material is
always
> > too tight around my groin, and suspect that it is because the towling
> > insert to the front of the chamois does not stretch. Do any
> > manufacturers make shorts without a "drip tray"?
> > Cheers,
> > Barney
>

> Barney, Your post was brought to my attention by a cyclist whom I have
> helped. We are a small underwear manufacturing company that specializes
> in workout briefs and jocks with larger pouches. We may have something
> to help you with comfort options. Bill
>

> --

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home