PDA

View Full Version : thanks for the thread on knee pain

Pat
December 2nd 03, 07:03 PM
I have been getting some pain under my right kneecap since getting my little
Evox 120. I was thinking the worst until I read the thread on knee pain and
recumbents. BTW, though, has anyone had any experience with knee soreness
when the barometric pressure goes down AND getting a cortisone shot in the
knee? I never used to have any pain there until I got Ileotibial band
syndrome and the subsequent cortisone shot. Now, the ITB pain is gone but my
knee aches when the weather changes!

Pat in TX

John Riley
December 3rd 03, 01:00 PM
Pat wrote:
> I have been getting some pain under my right kneecap since getting my
> little Evox 120. I was thinking the worst until I read the thread on
> knee pain and recumbents. BTW, though, has anyone had any experience
> with knee soreness when the barometric pressure goes down AND getting a
> cortisone shot in the knee? I never used to have any pain there until I
> got Ileotibial band syndrome and the subsequent cortisone shot. Now, the
> ITB pain is gone but my knee aches when the weather changes!
> Pat in TX

For that particular problem, you might want a referal to a physical
therapist with sports med experience, or perhaps to a good trainer.
Stretches and strengthening exercises might help.

John Riley

--

DH
December 3rd 03, 03:54 PM

Pat
December 3rd 03, 04:43 PM
"DH" <> weather changes??? I bought an expensive pair of gloves to use when
> biking in the cold about a month ago and I still have not used them. It
> is 3 Dec in the Netherlands and a light jacket is sufficient.

In Texas, we have cold fronts called "Blue Northers" that come whistling
down from the Rocky Mountains, across the plains of West Texas and through
our bones (or so it seems). :P

These cold fronts bring freezing temperatures and gusting winds.

Pat in TX

John
December 4th 03, 12:58 AM
Pain and pressure changes is an interesting topic with lots of people
reporting increases in pain with decreases in barometric pressure. However,
there have been a few controlled studies that looked at this phenomeon and
found no relationship...go figure... if my mom says its going to storm when
her knees hurt, I just grab an umbrella!

John

"Pat" > wrote in message
> I have been getting some pain under my right kneecap since getting my
little
> Evox 120. I was thinking the worst until I read the thread on knee pain
and
> recumbents. BTW, though, has anyone had any experience with knee soreness
> when the barometric pressure goes down AND getting a cortisone shot in the
> knee? I never used to have any pain there until I got Ileotibial band
> syndrome and the subsequent cortisone shot. Now, the ITB pain is gone but
my
> knee aches when the weather changes!
>
> Pat in TX

Steve Christensen
December 4th 03, 02:26 PM
In article >, DH says...

>weather changes??? I bought an expensive pair of gloves to use when
>biking in the cold about a month ago and I still have not used them. It
>is 3 Dec in the Netherlands and a light jacket is sufficient.

So are you bragging....or complaining?

Steve Christensen
Midland, MI, USA

.....where is it currently 24°F (-4°C), and requires MORE than a light jacket.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home