PDA

View Full Version : plans for suspended LWB?

December 2nd 03, 11:35 PM
I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access
to a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a
suspended LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs.
Thanks.
Dan

meb
December 4th 03, 06:49 AM
bikeman wrote:
> I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access to
> a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a suspended
> LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs. Thanks. Dan

You’ll pardon our chuckling at the irony of you’re looking for SUSPENDED
LWB plans and taking a WELDING class:

Termite Taxi: http://www.angelfire.com/id/BEEP/

Groundhugger XR-2 http://www.rqriley.com/xr2.html

You could adapt these to metal if you don’t want to go with wood or
carbon fiber. The Groundhugger XR-1 was an unsuspended steel bent. You
should be able to adapt the suspension from SWB metal bent plans to
longwheelbase metal hardtail plans as another alternative.

--

PaPa
December 4th 03, 10:45 AM
bikeman wrote:
> I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access to
> a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a suspended
> LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs. Thanks. Dan

Or maybe this one;
http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/WidowMakerTi-Carbon_lwb.jpg if
you'd rather forego the welding and cough-up a bit of plastic. Since
he's a close friend of mine.... maybe he'll consider sharing some
numbers with ya.

--

PaPa
December 4th 03, 11:26 PM
bikeman wrote:
> I'll be taking a welding course in the Spring, so I will have access to
> a complete welding shop. Is there any place to get plans for a suspended
> LWB bent? I have only seen plans for suspended SWBs. Thanks. Dan

I don't why I neglected these links. Although not an "active" design, I
certainly is a "no brainer" build, especially if the right MTB frame can
be located.

http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/Steel26_Sherpa.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/Steel26_Sherpa002.jpg
http://www.boomspeed.com/papasbent/Steel26_Sherpa003.jpg