PDA

View Full Version : Helmut/Head mount LED light from Planet Bike

Moosebear
December 6th 03, 05:56 PM
Hi folks, I've been looking for a helmut-mount light, and I've found a
product I think is amazing, from a company that looks very cool.

This is not a shill, I an just honestly impressed with this product,
as a lower-slung recumbent urban commuter, visibility is very
important to me.

It's called the Sport Spot, by Planet Bike. It's a compact, outrageously
powerful 4-led light, with 4 modes, that comes with hardware for
mounting on a helmut, handlebars, and ALSO comes with a headstrap, so
when I'm touring, I can clip it off my helmut and onto my head for
finding wood at night, setting up a tent, whatever. Comes with 3 X AAA.

It lists at 29.99 at the website, and is totally worth it, although I
will admit that I bought it for $23 at my local Mountain Equipment co-op
here in Toronto.

http://www.planetbike.com/frontlights.html

This company donates 25% of its profits to Bike advocacy, and seems
genuinely committed to furthering the cause of cycling for the benefit
of cherished planet. I haven't looked at thier other products, but the
website has lots of cool things.

As the guy at Mountain Equipment co-op pointed out, they sell many
models of headlights that are much the same for more money, but that
don't even come with the other hardware or with the flashing mode.
(Which makes batteries last forever, as well as making us more visible
in traffic)

Another thing I picked up at that store was the new model AIR ZOUNDS
bike air horn, refillable with a bike pump, which is a great way to get
dopey drivers attention in traffic.

--

Tom Sherman
December 6th 03, 08:17 PM
Moosebear wrote:
> It's called the Sport Spot, by Planet Bike. It's a compact, outrageously
> powerful 4-led light, with 4 modes, that comes with hardware for
> mounting on a helmut, handlebars, and ALSO comes with a headstrap, so
> when I'm touring, I can clip it off my helmut and onto my head for
> finding wood at night, setting up a tent, whatever....

What if you were to bump your head while performing these activities? ;)

> Another thing I picked up at that store was the new model AIR ZOUNDS
> bike air horn, refillable with a bike pump, which is a great way to
> get dopey drivers attention in traffic.

Or the attention of dopey pedestrians, inline skaters and other
headphone wearing bipeds.

Tom Sherman - Planet Earth

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home