PDA

View Full Version : Mercian touring trike - recumbent alternative

Mike
December 10th 03, 11:07 PM
This is not a recumbent, but my father used this trike for a while
after he was unable to balance on bikes. I thought it might be a good
alternative for someone looking for a recumbent. Their are two wheels
in the front. I have photos available by email. It is a 23 1/2"
Mercian touring bike custom built in England in 1991; converted to a
trike by Austin Shackles of Wales in 2002; near perfect condition;
dark blue, located in Chicago USA; asking $1,800. Call Bruce for more
info 312-225-2046 or email .

Just zis Guy, you know?
December 11th 03, 09:45 PM
On 10 Dec 2003 15:07:34 -0800, (Mike) wrote:

>This is not a recumbent, but my father used this trike for a while
>after he was unable to balance on bikes. I thought it might be a good
>alternative for someone looking for a recumbent.

Tadpole upright trikes (if that's what we'd call them) are currenlty
being built by Newton in the UK. Some pictures in the (upright) Trike
Association's comments on the York Rally:
http://www.tricycle-association.org.uk/york.htm

Delta trikes are common, the best in the UK probably being those
designed and built by the late and much lamented Geroge Longstaff.
Longstaff's is still going and building the finest in bikes, trikes
and tandems for the discerning stick-bike rider.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

Google