PDA

View Full Version : Association of British Nutters' huge gaffe

Alycidon
March 10th 16, 04:23 PM
Thick idiots.
QUOTE:
Cyclists riding too fast is one of the key points raised in the age old 'motorists v cyclists' debates, but the Alliance of British Drivers (ABD) missed a key fact in their newsletter article on the subject.

What they failed to notice, however, that the KoM was set on September 22, 2013 - the date of the London stage of the Tour of Britain - and that Tom Moses is a professional cyclist with JLT Condor.

Therefore, the roads were closed to traffic, pedestrian crossings were closed and traffic lights were ignored in the spirit of actual racing.

"So if you wonder why cyclists are often the source of accidents to both themselves and others, now you know. They may be competing to get into the record books!" the letter goes on to say."

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/the-alliance-of-british-drivers-missed-one-crucial-fact-when-complaining-about-speeding-cyclists-216050

jnugent
March 10th 16, 04:46 PM
On 10/03/2016 16:23, Alycidon wrote:

> Thick idiots.
> QUOTE:
> Cyclists riding too fast is one of the key points raised in the age old 'motorists v cyclists' debates, but the Alliance of British Drivers (ABD) missed a key fact in their newsletter article on the subject.
> What they failed to notice, however, that the KoM was set on September 22, 2013 - the date of the London stage of the Tour of Britain - and that Tom Moses is a professional cyclist with JLT Condor.
> Therefore, the roads were closed to traffic, pedestrian crossings were closed and traffic lights were ignored in the spirit of actual racing.
> "So if you wonder why cyclists are often the source of accidents to both themselves and others, now you know. They may be competing to get into the record books!" the letter goes on to say."
> http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/the-alliance-of-british-drivers-missed-one-crucial-fact-when-complaining-about-speeding-cyclists-216050

So the cyclists *were* "competing to get into the record books" and the
ABD (whoever they are) were not wrong.

And as for danger caused by those cyclists, "...the traffic lights were
ignored in the spirit of racing...".

Really?

Only the thickest of idiots could write that as though it absolved
sinners from their offences.

Alycidon
March 10th 16, 04:53 PM
On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:23:34 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
> Thick idiots.
> QUOTE:

"I've heard of some car drivers flying around the streets of Monaco in Ferraris and Mclarens...total madness haha"

paul george
March 10th 16, 05:35 PM
On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:46:33 UTC, JNugent wrote:

> So the cyclists *were* "competing to get into the record books" and the
> ABD (whoever they are) were not wrong.
>
> And as for danger caused by those cyclists, "...the traffic lights were
> ignored in the spirit of racing...".
>
> Really?

Certain roads in New Brighton are often closed for motor racing.
I suppose you think the 30mph limit still applies.
Doesn't that kind of negate the point of the race?

After all.

> Only the thickest of idiots could write that as though it absolved
> sinners from their offences.

Simon Jester
March 10th 16, 05:48 PM
On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:53:20 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:23:34 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
> > Thick idiots.
> > QUOTE:
>
> "I've heard of some car drivers flying around the streets of Monaco in Ferraris and Mclarens...total madness haha"

I assume the drivers obey the sped limit and their vehicles comply with the Monaco equivalent of the construction and use regulations. Otherwise Nugent will be really angry.

Alycidon
March 10th 16, 05:50 PM
On Thursday, 10 March 2016 17:48:09 UTC, Simon Jester wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:53:20 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
> > On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:23:34 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
> > > Thick idiots.
> > > QUOTE:
> >
> > "I've heard of some car drivers flying around the streets of Monaco in Ferraris and Mclarens...total madness haha"
>
> I assume the drivers obey the speed limit and their vehicles comply with the Monaco equivalent of the construction and use regulations.

Bald tyres for a start.

Tosspot[_3_]
March 10th 16, 07:33 PM
On 10/03/16 18:48, Simon Jester wrote:
> On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:53:20 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
>> On Thursday, 10 March 2016 16:23:34 UTC, Alycidon wrote:
>>> Thick idiots. QUOTE:
>>
>> "I've heard of some car drivers flying around the streets of Monaco
>> in Ferraris and Mclarens...total madness haha"
>
> I assume the drivers obey the sped limit and their vehicles comply
> with the Monaco equivalent of the construction and use regulations.
> Otherwise Nugent will be really angry.

On a slightly related note, this is a fun read

http://www.theargus.co.uk/announcements/public_notices/legal_notices/public_notice/10484480.The_East_Sussex__London_to_Brighton_Bike_ Ride___Temporary_Traffic_Regulation__Order_2013/

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home