PDA

View Full Version : Cycle lane Blackfriars Road

francis
March 11th 16, 01:16 PM
The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is two way on the west of the road.
To catch a bus you will have to cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and the normal road.
Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian crossing.
Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us poor pedestrians been forgotten about?

jnugent
March 11th 16, 01:35 PM
On 11/03/2016 13:16, francis wrote:

> The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is two way on the west of the road.
> To catch a bus you will have to cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and the normal road.
> Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian crossing.

No. Mere pedestrians are at the bottom of the priority pyramid for
Transport Against London.

> Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us poor pedestrians been forgotten about?

You imply that you were ever remembered by TaL. That is far from having
been established.

Rob Morley
March 11th 16, 01:57 PM
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 05:16:42 -0800 (PST)
francis > wrote:

> The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is
> two way on the west of the road. To catch a bus you will have to
> cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and
> the normal road. Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians
> that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian
> crossing. Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us
> poor pedestrians been forgotten about?

How do the poor pedestrians manage to cross the road now?

jnugent
March 11th 16, 01:58 PM
On 11/03/2016 13:57, Rob Morley wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 05:16:42 -0800 (PST)
> francis > wrote:
>
>> The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is
>> two way on the west of the road. To catch a bus you will have to
>> cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and
>> the normal road. Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians
>> that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian
>> crossing. Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us
>> poor pedestrians been forgotten about?
>
> How do the poor pedestrians manage to cross the road now?

Well, they don't have to cross a separate two way road with heads-down
"gotta beat my personal worst" traffic just to get onto a bus, if that's
what you think.

Alycidon
March 11th 16, 04:03 PM
On Friday, 11 March 2016 13:16:43 UTC, francis wrote:
> The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is two way on the west of the road.
> To catch a bus you will have to cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and the normal road.
> Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian crossing.
> Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us poor pedestrians been forgotten about?

Don't forget to take out your earphones first.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ipod-zombies-blame-rise-deaths-uk-roads-1521302

jnugent
March 11th 16, 04:06 PM
On 11/03/2016 16:03, Alycidon wrote:

> On Friday, 11 March 2016 13:16:43 UTC, francis wrote:

>> The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is two way on the west of the road.
>> To catch a bus you will have to cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and the normal road.
>> Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian crossing.
>> Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us poor pedestrians been forgotten about?

> Don't forget to take out your earphones first...

....in case you can't hear the cyclist's screamed obscenities as he
approaches and will effin' well not slow down for ennyfink innit gav?

And presumably, don't even think of going out onto the streets if you
have a hearing disability. Alycidon, for one, doesn't reckon you have
any right to endanger cyclists by being deaf.

Tony Dragon
March 11th 16, 08:41 PM
On 11/03/2016 13:57, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 05:16:42 -0800 (PST)
> francis > wrote:
>
>> The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is
>> two way on the west of the road. To catch a bus you will have to
>> cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and
>> the normal road. Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians
>> that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian
>> crossing. Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us
>> poor pedestrians been forgotten about?
>
> How do the poor pedestrians manage to cross the road now?

Pedestrian crossings, with that road it's the only safe way.

---

Tony Dragon
March 11th 16, 08:43 PM
On 11/03/2016 16:03, Alycidon wrote:
> On Friday, 11 March 2016 13:16:43 UTC, francis wrote:
>> The new cycle route that is being built on the Blackfriars Road is two way on the west of the road.
>> To catch a bus you will have to cross the cycle route as the bus stop is between the cycle lanes and the normal road.
>> Has anybody given any thought for the pedestrians that need to get to the bus stop, there appears to be no pedestrian crossing.
>> Perhaps crossing will be put in at a later date, or have us poor pedestrians been forgotten about?
>
> Don't forget to take out your earphones first.
>
> http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ipod-zombies-blame-rise-deaths-uk-roads-1521302

So you have no answer for Francis, why don't you just say so.

---

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home