PDA

View Full Version : The mighty Atom strikes again

Alycidon
March 17th 16, 04:34 PM
Quote:
"A bus driver will lose his job over an off-duty incident that was captured on the bike cameras of the cyclist he tailgated aggressively.

"I think the roads will be a little bit safer for the next six months," cyclist Atom Emet said afterwards of the six months' driving ban imposed on David John Simeon, 63.

Simeon losing his job as a bus driver as a result of his disqualification was "not trivial", Emet said. Simeon had pleaded not guilty to a charge of driving dangerously but was found guilty."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/77982953/wellington-roads-will-be-safer-with-tailgating-driver-off-them-says-cyclist

jnugent
March 17th 16, 04:45 PM
On 17/03/2016 16:34, Alycidon wrote:

> Quote:
> "A bus driver will lose his job over an off-duty incident that was captured on the bike cameras of the cyclist he tailgated aggressively.
>
> "I think the roads will be a little bit safer for the next six months," cyclist Atom Emet said afterwards of the six months' driving ban imposed on David John Simeon, 63.
>
> Simeon losing his job as a bus driver as a result of his disqualification was "not trivial", Emet said. Simeon had pleaded not guilty to a charge of driving dangerously but was found guilty."
>
> http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/77982953/wellington-roads-will-be-safer-with-tailgating-driver-off-them-says-cyclist

This must be the Wellington in Somerset, yes?

John Smith[_7_]
March 17th 16, 04:47 PM

**** off to a motoring newsgroup, thicko.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

jnugent
March 17th 16, 04:49 PM
On 17/03/2016 16:47, John Smith wrote:
> JNugent > wrote:
>> On 17/03/2016 16:34, Alycidon wrote:
>>
>>> Quote:
>>> "A bus driver will lose his job over an off-duty incident that was captured on the bike cameras of the cyclist he tailgated aggressively.
>>>
>>> "I think the roads will be a little bit safer for the next six months," cyclist Atom Emet said afterwards of the six months' driving ban imposed on David John Simeon, 63.
>>>
>>> Simeon losing his job as a bus driver as a result of his disqualification was "not trivial", Emet said. Simeon had pleaded not guilty to a charge of driving dangerously but was found guilty."
>>>
>>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/77982953/wellington-roads-will-be-safer-with-tailgating-driver-off-them-says-cyclist
>>
>> This must be the Wellington in Somerset, yes?
>
> **** off to a motoring newsgroup, thicko.

You must be pleased with the Budget, Glug.

Nothing extra on beer or Scotch.

John Smith[_7_]
March 17th 16, 05:15 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 17/03/2016 16:47, John Smith wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> This must be the Wellington in Somerset, yes?
>>
>> **** off to a motoring newsgroup, thicko.
>
> You must be pleased with the Budget, Glug.

*guffaw*

I'm delighted. Here, let me have some more Scotch...

Oh, by the way: **** off to a motoring newsgroup.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
March 17th 16, 07:03 PM
On 17/03/2016 17:15, John Smith wrote:

> JNugent > wrote:

>>> **** off to a motoring newsgroup, thicko.
>>
>> You must be pleased with the Budget, Glug.
>
> *guffaw*
>
> I'm delighted. Here, let me have some more Scotch...

That's exactly what the nice Chancellor hoped you would do.

So well done.

> Oh, by the way: **** off to a motoring newsgroup.

No.

I have, of course, been here a fair bit longer than you have.

John Smith[_7_]
March 18th 16, 08:41 AM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 17/03/2016 17:15, John Smith wrote:

>> Oh, by the way: **** off to a motoring newsgroup.

> No.

I'm not always going to ask so nicely.

> I have, of course, been here a fair bit longer than you have.

I doubt that.
--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home