PDA

View Full Version : Cyclists mug cyclist

MrCheerful
March 25th 16, 07:55 AM
The man was cycling along a wooden track running from Wilderton Road to
Leicester Road around 1pm on Sunday, March 20, when he got off his bike
to have something to eat.

He noticed two men nearby who were drinking cans of lager.

One of the offenders grabbed the victim from behind while the second man
stole his mobile phone.

They made off on bicycles toward Westbourne. The victim, a local man
aged in his 30s, was not physically injured.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14383269.Do_you_recognise_men_who_stole_cyclist_s_ phone_in_Branksome_/

Bod[_5_]
March 25th 16, 08:10 AM
On 25/03/2016 07:55, MrCheerful wrote:
> The man was cycling along a wooden track running from Wilderton Road to
> Leicester Road around 1pm on Sunday, March 20, when he got off his bike
> to have something to eat.
>
> He noticed two men nearby who were drinking cans of lager.
>
> One of the offenders grabbed the victim from behind while the second man
> stole his mobile phone.
>
> They made off on bicycles toward Westbourne. The victim, a local man
> aged in his 30s, was not physically injured.
>

> http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14383269.Do_you_recognise_men_who_stole_cyclist_s_ phone_in_Branksome_/

What bicycle do you own, is it a good one?

--
Bod

MrCheerful
March 25th 16, 08:35 AM
On 25/03/2016 08:10, Bod wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 07:55, MrCheerful wrote:
>> The man was cycling along a wooden track running from Wilderton Road to
>> Leicester Road around 1pm on Sunday, March 20, when he got off his bike
>> to have something to eat.
>>
>> He noticed two men nearby who were drinking cans of lager.
>>
>> One of the offenders grabbed the victim from behind while the second man
>> stole his mobile phone.
>>
>> They made off on bicycles toward Westbourne. The victim, a local man
>> aged in his 30s, was not physically injured.
>>

>> http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14383269.Do_you_recognise_men_who_stole_cyclist_s_ phone_in_Branksome_/
>>

> What bicycle do you own, is it a good one?

I have about 10, none are anything special, none have dropped handlebars.

Bod[_5_]
March 25th 16, 09:07 AM
On 25/03/2016 08:35, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 08:10, Bod wrote:
>> On 25/03/2016 07:55, MrCheerful wrote:
>>> The man was cycling along a wooden track running from Wilderton Road to
>>> Leicester Road around 1pm on Sunday, March 20, when he got off his bike
>>> to have something to eat.
>>>
>>> He noticed two men nearby who were drinking cans of lager.
>>>
>>> One of the offenders grabbed the victim from behind while the second man
>>> stole his mobile phone.
>>>
>>> They made off on bicycles toward Westbourne. The victim, a local man
>>> aged in his 30s, was not physically injured.
>>>

>>> http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/14383269.Do_you_recognise_men_who_stole_cyclist_s_ phone_in_Branksome_/
>>>

>> What bicycle do you own, is it a good one?
>>

> I have about 10, none are anything special, none have dropped handlebars.

10 seems a lot of cycles for one person. Why so many?

--
Bod

MrCheerful
March 25th 16, 09:35 AM
On 25/03/2016 09:07, Bod wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 08:35, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> What bicycle do you own, is it a good one?
>>>

>> I have about 10, none are anything special, none have dropped handlebars.
> >
> 10 seems a lot of cycles for one person. Why so many?

I find them, abandoned and lonely, the Police take the details and say
to keep them, I promise myself I will put them on ebay or freecycle, but
rarely get round to it, so they build up.

Bod[_5_]
March 25th 16, 09:51 AM
On 25/03/2016 09:35, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 09:07, Bod wrote:

>>> I have about 10, none are anything special, none have dropped
>>> handlebars.
>> >
>> 10 seems a lot of cycles for one person. Why so many?
>>

> I find them, abandoned and lonely, the Police take the details and say
> to keep them, I promise myself I will put them on ebay or freecycle, but
> rarely get round to it, so they build up.

Hmm, that seems an unusual thing to do, I mean the collecting of so many
abandoned cycles.

--
Bod

MrCheerful
March 25th 16, 10:18 AM
On 25/03/2016 09:51, Bod wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 09:35, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> 10 seems a lot of cycles for one person. Why so many?
>>>

>> I find them, abandoned and lonely, the Police take the details and say
>> to keep them, I promise myself I will put them on ebay or freecycle, but
>> rarely get round to it, so they build up.
> >
> Hmm, that seems an unusual thing to do, I mean the collecting of so many
> abandoned cycles.

Everyone needs a hobby.

MrCheerful
March 25th 16, 10:22 AM
On 25/03/2016 10:18, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 09:51, Bod wrote:

>>> I find them, abandoned and lonely, the Police take the details and say
>>> to keep them, I promise myself I will put them on ebay or freecycle, but
>>> rarely get round to it, so they build up.
>> >
>> Hmm, that seems an unusual thing to do, I mean the collecting of so many
>> abandoned cycles.
>>

> Everyone needs a hobby.

Actually thinking about it, at least 4 came from a garage (someone
else's) I cleared out for them, one I bought new, the remainder are ones
I have found.

Bod[_5_]
March 25th 16, 10:28 AM
On 25/03/2016 10:18, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 09:51, Bod wrote:

>>> I find them, abandoned and lonely, the Police take the details and say
>>> to keep them, I promise myself I will put them on ebay or freecycle, but
>>> rarely get round to it, so they build up.
>> >
>> Hmm, that seems an unusual thing to do, I mean the collecting of so many
>> abandoned cycles.
>>

> Everyone needs a hobby.

When our eldest son finds an abandoned bicycle he does it up, he then
looks for homeless person and gives it to them. He gets great
satisfaction from doing that.

--
Bod

Bod[_5_]
March 25th 16, 10:29 AM
On 25/03/2016 10:22, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 10:18, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> Hmm, that seems an unusual thing to do, I mean the collecting of so many
>>> abandoned cycles.
>>>

>> Everyone needs a hobby.
>
> Actually thinking about it, at least 4 came from a garage (someone
> else's) I cleared out for them, one I bought new, the remainder are ones
> I have found.

Ok, but don't you ever ride at least one?

--
Bod

MrCheerful
March 25th 16, 10:36 AM
On 25/03/2016 10:29, Bod wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 10:22, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> Everyone needs a hobby.
>>
>> Actually thinking about it, at least 4 came from a garage (someone
>> else's) I cleared out for them, one I bought new, the remainder are ones
>> I have found.
> >
> Ok, but don't you ever ride at least one?

Of course I do, its a lovely way to get some exercise on a fine day, I
am lucky in that I can ride for miles without needing to do more than a
few yards on tarmac.

Bod[_5_]
March 25th 16, 10:45 AM
On 25/03/2016 10:36, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/03/2016 10:29, Bod wrote:

>>> Actually thinking about it, at least 4 came from a garage (someone
>>> else's) I cleared out for them, one I bought new, the remainder are ones
>>> I have found.
>> >
>> Ok, but don't you ever ride at least one?
>>

> Of course I do, its a lovely way to get some exercise on a fine day, I
> am lucky in that I can ride for miles without needing to do more than a
> few yards on tarmac.

Same here. We are surrounded by farms/ fields and large wooded parks.

--
Bod

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
March 25th 16, 08:38 PM

Um ... you're being trolled.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home