PDA

View Full Version : Police wish to speak to cyclist witness

Alycidon
March 27th 16, 05:50 PM
QUOTE:
"Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant Stewart Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were called to a single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.

"He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He was declared dead at the scene."

Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have witnessed the accident."

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tributes-paid-Leon-Shaw-died-Saltshouse-Road/story-29002117-detail/story.html#ixzz447fyoP80

Rob Morley
March 27th 16, 06:32 PM
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:50:44 -0700 (PDT)
Alycidon > wrote:

> QUOTE:
> "Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant
> Stewart Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were
> called to a single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.
>
> "He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He was
> declared dead at the scene."
>
> Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have witnessed
> the accident."
>
> Read more:
> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tributes-paid-Leon-Shaw-died-Saltshouse-Road/story-29002117-detail/story.html#ixzz447fyoP80

The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
was not wearing a helmet.

MrCheerful
March 27th 16, 07:37 PM
On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:50:44 -0700 (PDT)
> Alycidon > wrote:
>
>> QUOTE:
>> "Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant
>> Stewart Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were
>> called to a single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.
>>
>> "He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He was
>> declared dead at the scene."
>>
>> Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have witnessed
>> the accident."
>>
>> Read more:
>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tributes-paid-Leon-Shaw-died-Saltshouse-Road/story-29002117-detail/story.html#ixzz447fyoP80
>>
> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
> was not wearing a helmet.

or brave driver dies whilst trying to avoid unlit drunken suicyclist.

Mr Pounder Esquire
March 27th 16, 08:10 PM
MrCheerful wrote:
> On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:50:44 -0700 (PDT)
>> Alycidon > wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> "Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant
>>> Stewart Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were
>>> called to a single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.
>>>
>>> "He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He
>>> was declared dead at the scene."
>>>
>>> Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have
>>> witnessed the accident."
>>>
>>> Read more:
>>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tributes-paid-Leon-Shaw-died-Saltshouse-Road/story-29002117-detail/story.html#ixzz447fyoP80
>>>
>> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
>> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
>> was not wearing a helmet.
>>

> or brave driver dies whilst trying to avoid unlit drunken suicyclist.

Sooooo.... cyclist witnesses very nasty accident and just ****s off.
Why am I not surprised?

Bod[_5_]
March 27th 16, 08:22 PM
On 27/03/2016 20:10, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> MrCheerful wrote:
>> On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:

>>> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
>>> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
>>> was not wearing a helmet.
>>>

>> or brave driver dies whilst trying to avoid unlit drunken suicyclist.
>
> Sooooo.... cyclist witnesses very nasty accident and just ****s off.
> Why am I not surprised?

The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?

--
Bod

Alycidon
March 27th 16, 08:30 PM
On Sunday, 27 March 2016 20:23:00 UTC+1, Bod wrote:

> The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
> first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?

This was on the same road.
QUOTE:

It happened less than 100m away from where Kerry Ockleton was killed in 2012. Ms Ockleton, 41, was hit by a drunk driver as she walked with her daughter Jessica.

Michael Radford was driving at speeds of up to 80mph and was twice the drink-drive limit when he knocked down the mother and daughter.

He left Ms Ockelton dying in the road and her daughter seriously injured, fleeing the scene without calling an ambulance.

Radford was jailed for six years after admitting the offences at Hull Crown Court."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Shock-tragic-death-man-21-Saltshouse-Road-car/story-28993899-detail/story.html

Mr Pounder Esquire
March 27th 16, 09:07 PM
Bod wrote:
> On 27/03/2016 20:10, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> MrCheerful wrote:

>>> or brave driver dies whilst trying to avoid unlit drunken
>>> suicyclist.
>>
>> Sooooo.... cyclist witnesses very nasty accident and just ****s off.
>> Why am I not surprised?
>>

> The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
> first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?

I would have expected the scum cyclist to do something.
Instead the cowardly piece of **** just ****ed off.
That is what cyclists tend to do. But, you already know this.

jnugent
March 28th 16, 12:01 AM
On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:50:44 -0700 (PDT)
> Alycidon > wrote:
>
>> QUOTE:
>> "Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant
>> Stewart Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were
>> called to a single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.
>>
>> "He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He was
>> declared dead at the scene."
>>
>> Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have witnessed
>> the accident."
>>
>> Read more:
>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tributes-paid-Leon-Shaw-died-Saltshouse-Road/story-29002117-detail/story.html#ixzz447fyoP80
>>
> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
> was not wearing a helmet.

The poor guy is dead. His family must be devastated. And you "think"
it's funny.

jnugent
March 28th 16, 12:03 AM
On 27/03/2016 20:22, Bod wrote:
> On 27/03/2016 20:10, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> MrCheerful wrote:

>>> or brave driver dies whilst trying to avoid unlit drunken suicyclist.
>>
>> Sooooo.... cyclist witnesses very nasty accident and just ****s off.
>> Why am I not surprised?
>>

> The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
> first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?

What "occupants"?

MrCheerful
March 28th 16, 12:08 AM
On 27/03/2016 20:22, Bod wrote:
> On 27/03/2016 20:10, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> MrCheerful wrote:

>>> or brave driver dies whilst trying to avoid unlit drunken suicyclist.
>>
>> Sooooo.... cyclist witnesses very nasty accident and just ****s off.
>> Why am I not surprised?
>>

> The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
> first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?

You must have read a different report, no mention of other occupants.

Bod[_5_]
March 28th 16, 08:22 AM
On 28/03/2016 00:03, JNugent wrote:
> On 27/03/2016 20:22, Bod wrote:

>>> Sooooo.... cyclist witnesses very nasty accident and just ****s off.
>>> Why am I not surprised?
>>>

>> The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
>> first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?
>
> What "occupants"?

Do you think the car drove itself then or that the driver and colleague
were made up or ghosts!?
You sound as thick as Mr (Just Me) Pounder.

--
Bod

MrCheerful
March 28th 16, 08:27 AM
On 28/03/2016 08:22, Bod wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 00:03, JNugent wrote:

>>> The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
>>> first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?
>>
>> What "occupants"?
> >
> Do you think the car drove itself then or that the driver and colleague
> were made up or ghosts!?
> You sound as thick as Mr (Just Me) Pounder.

The occupant (the driver) remained at the scene. There is no mention of
a colleague (are you reading about a different incident, or is there
another more detailed report, or are these details coming from the
voices in your head?)

Bod[_5_]
March 28th 16, 08:34 AM
On 28/03/2016 08:27, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 08:22, Bod wrote:

>>> What "occupants"?
>> >
>> Do you think the car drove itself then or that the driver and colleague
>> were made up or ghosts!?
>> You sound as thick as Mr (Just Me) Pounder.
>>
> The occupant (the driver) remained at the scene. There is no mention of
> a colleague (are you reading about a different incident, or is there
> another more detailed report, or are these details coming from the
> voices in your head?)

Oh dear! looks like some silly sod is posting as me again.

--
Bod

MrCheerful
March 28th 16, 08:47 AM
On 28/03/2016 08:34, Bod wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 08:27, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> Do you think the car drove itself then or that the driver and colleague
>>> were made up or ghosts!?
>>> You sound as thick as Mr (Just Me) Pounder.
>>>
>> The occupant (the driver) remained at the scene. There is no mention of
>> a colleague (are you reading about a different incident, or is there
>> another more detailed report, or are these details coming from the
>> voices in your head?)
> >
> Oh dear! looks like some silly sod is posting as me again.

The message headers appear identical, perhaps it is Double Doug syndrome
again.

Bod[_5_]
March 28th 16, 08:54 AM
On 28/03/2016 08:47, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 08:34, Bod wrote:

>>> The occupant (the driver) remained at the scene. There is no mention of
>>> a colleague (are you reading about a different incident, or is there
>>> another more detailed report, or are these details coming from the
>>> voices in your head?)
>> >
>> Oh dear! looks like some silly sod is posting as me again.
>>
> The message headers appear identical, perhaps it is Double Doug syndrome
> again.

Who is this *just me*? He/ she seems to have just appeared.....any ideas?

--
Bod

MrCheerful
March 28th 16, 10:24 AM
On 28/03/2016 08:54, Bod wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 08:47, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> Oh dear! looks like some silly sod is posting as me again.
>>>
>> The message headers appear identical, perhaps it is Double Doug syndrome
>> again.
> >
> Who is this *just me*? He/ she seems to have just appeared.....any ideas?

I think you must be seeing something that I cannot, I'll have a look
through googlegroups instead.

Nick[_4_]
March 28th 16, 12:44 PM
On 28/03/2016 00:01, JNugent wrote:
> On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:50:44 -0700 (PDT)
>> Alycidon > wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> "Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant
>>> Stewart Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were
>>> called to a single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.
>>>
>>> "He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He was
>>> declared dead at the scene."
>>>
>>> Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have witnessed
>>> the accident."
>>>
>>> Read more:
>>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tributes-paid-Leon-Shaw-died-Saltshouse-Road/story-29002117-detail/story.html#ixzz447fyoP80
>>>

>> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
>> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
>> was not wearing a helmet.
>
> The poor guy is dead. His family must be devastated. And you "think"
> it's funny.

I think we should all be grateful that the motorist only killed himself
as opposed to the innocent cyclists and pedestrians who so often pay the
price for dangerous driving.

jnugent
March 28th 16, 06:12 PM
On 28/03/2016 08:22, Bod wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 00:03, JNugent wrote:

>>> The scum car occupants "ran off". Did you expect the cyclist to give
>>> first aid to the *car or the lampost* ?
>>
>> What "occupants"?
> >
> Do you think the car drove itself then or that the driver and colleague
> were made up or ghosts!?
> You sound as thick as Mr (Just Me) Pounder.

What "colleague" are you trying to talk about?

The driver was unfortunately - for him and his family at the very least
- unable to "run off". And no-one sensible and with any sense of fellow
feeling could fail to be dismayed by the story.

But where in the report was any other occupant of the vehicle mentioned?

I'll even reproduce the article in full, verbatim, for you; here it is:

QUOTE:
By Hull Daily Mail | Posted: March 27, 2016

By Tareq Haddad

TRIBUTES have been paid to a young man who died in a car crash in
Saltshouse Road, east Hull. The man, who has been named locally as
21-year-old Leon Shaw, died after he lost control of his car and hit a
lamp post shortly after 3am on Friday. Since then, dozens of people have
left flowers and messages of condolences where he died, close to
Wilberforce College.

One tribute, from his mum, read: "Leon, my beautiful baby son, no words
no rhyme no reason...just why? "My heart is bleeding. I love you so much
son, your dad will look after you now and nanna, always in my heart.
Missing you too much, love Mam and Dave."

Another read: "Such a sound lad. You always knew how to make people
smile and laugh.

"A top lady's man. I can't believe you've gone.

"Rest in peace. Lots of love, Fatz."

A message from Lewis and Sherri said: "To my little brother Leon, you
were taken from us so suddenly.

"Such a happy young man. I will miss you so much.

"I hope our dad is now looking after you.

"I love you and you will be in my heart forever."

A Facebook group, In Loving Memory of Leon Shaw, has also been set up.

His girlfriend, Tasha Leigh, posted a tribute on the page.

She wrote: "The very first day I met him, I instantly fell in love. His
cute smile, the twinkle of mischief in his eyes, his laugh.

"You shouldn't have been taken away from us babe. Those eight months
felt like years! They should of been years!

"It should never have been you Leon. They've taken the best man possible.

"A true legend to many. A loving partner, an amazing brother and a
caring son! We all want you home baby. We're all so shocked you've been
taken so young."

Following the crash, some residents said measures to make the road safer
need to be made.

Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant Stewart
Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were called to a
single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.

"He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He was
declared dead at the scene."

Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have witnessed
the accident.

Anyone with information about the crash should call Humberside Police on
101.
ENDQUOTE

The only person thought to have scarpered was a cyclist, apparently. We
don't know why that might be (if it even happened).

jnugent
March 28th 16, 06:12 PM
On 28/03/2016 08:34, Bod wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 08:27, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> Do you think the car drove itself then or that the driver and colleague
>>> were made up or ghosts!?
>>> You sound as thick as Mr (Just Me) Pounder.
>>>
>> The occupant (the driver) remained at the scene. There is no mention of
>> a colleague (are you reading about a different incident, or is there
>> another more detailed report, or are these details coming from the
>> voices in your head?)
> >
> Oh dear! looks like some silly sod is posting as me again.

There's a simpler explanation than that.

Alycidon
March 28th 16, 07:59 PM
On Monday, 28 March 2016 19:45:13 UTC+1, Nick wrote:

> I think we should all be grateful that the motorist only killed himself
> as opposed to the innocent cyclists and pedestrians who so often pay the
> price for dangerous driving.

Indeed - I was near this spot today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3512508/Man-dies-car-smashes-A1-motorway-bridge-plunges-river.html

MrCheerful
March 28th 16, 08:23 PM
On 28/03/2016 12:44, Nick wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 00:01, JNugent wrote:
>> On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:

>>> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
>>> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
>>> was not wearing a helmet.
>>
>> The poor guy is dead. His family must be devastated. And you "think"
>> it's funny.
>

> I think we should all be grateful that the motorist only killed himself
> as opposed to the innocent cyclists and pedestrians who so often pay the
> price for dangerous driving.

But did the missing cyclist cause the crash?

Tosspot[_3_]
March 28th 16, 08:52 PM
On 28/03/16 12:44, Nick wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 00:01, JNugent wrote:
>> On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:

>>> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
>>> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
>>> was not wearing a helmet.
>>
>> The poor guy is dead. His family must be devastated. And you "think"
>> it's funny.
>

> I think we should all be grateful that the motorist only killed himself
> as opposed to the innocent cyclists and pedestrians who so often pay the
> price for dangerous driving.

From a linked story

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Shock-tragic-death-man-21-Saltshouse-Road-car/story-28993899-detail/story.html

it seems this road does have a bit of a reputation for killing
pedestrians. It looks quite inoccuous from the picture.

Alycidon
March 28th 16, 09:10 PM
On Monday, 28 March 2016 20:52:35 UTC+1, Tosspot wrote:

> From a linked story
>
> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Shock-tragic-death-man-21-Saltshouse-Road-car/story-28993899-detail/story.html
>
> it seems this road does have a bit of a reputation for killing
> pedestrians. It looks quite inoccuous from the picture.

Been down it 1000's of times - only drivers and peds seem to get killed there.

jnugent
March 29th 16, 12:46 AM
On 28/03/2016 12:44, Nick wrote:

> On 28/03/2016 00:01, JNugent wrote:

>>> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
>>> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
>>> was not wearing a helmet.
>
>> The poor guy is dead. His family must be devastated. And you "think"
>> it's funny.
>
> I think we should all be grateful that the motorist only killed himself
> as opposed to the innocent cyclists and pedestrians who so often pay the
> price for dangerous driving.

No, you don't.

Alycidon
March 29th 16, 10:07 AM
Seems to have been alone after dropping off his mate.
Cyclist has not come forward yet.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Leon-Shaw-tragedy-Loved-ones-raising-money/story-29007956-detail/story.html

Nick[_4_]
March 29th 16, 10:39 AM
On 29/03/2016 00:46, JNugent wrote:
> On 28/03/2016 12:44, Nick wrote:

>>> The poor guy is dead. His family must be devastated. And you "think"
>>> it's funny.
>>
>> I think we should all be grateful that the motorist only killed himself
>> as opposed to the innocent cyclists and pedestrians who so often pay the
>> price for dangerous driving.
>
> No, you don't.

My expressed sentiment seems entirely consistent with my previous
remarks on dangerous driving so I have no idea why you would doubt it.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
March 29th 16, 11:13 AM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 27/03/2016 18:32, Rob Morley wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 09:50:44 -0700 (PDT)
>> Alycidon > wrote:
>>
>>> QUOTE:
>>> "Speaking at the scene of the crash, Humberside Police Sergeant
>>> Stewart Farquharson said: "At four o'clock Friday morning we were
>>> called to a single-vehicle collision with a local man aged 21.
>>>
>>> "He lost control of his vehicle and collided with a lamp post. He was
>>> declared dead at the scene."
>>>
>>> Police are keen to speak to a cyclist who they say may have witnessed
>>> the accident."
>>>
>>> Read more:
>>> http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Tributes-paid-Leon-Shaw-died-Saltshouse-Road/story-29002117-detail/story.html#ixzz447fyoP80
>>>
>> The lamp post said "He came out of nowhere, there was nothing I could
>> do." Police said the driver was wearing dark coloured clothing and
>> was not wearing a helmet.
>
> The poor guy is dead. His family must be devastated. And you "think"
> it's funny.

Well, it's certainly one psycopath fewer in the world.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

jnugent
March 29th 16, 11:26 AM
On 29/03/2016 10:39, Nick wrote:
> On 29/03/2016 00:46, JNugent wrote:

>>> I think we should all be grateful that the motorist only killed himself
>>> as opposed to the innocent cyclists and pedestrians who so often pay the
>>> price for dangerous driving.
>>
>> No, you don't.
>>

> My expressed sentiment seems entirely consistent with my previous
> remarks on dangerous driving so I have no idea why you would doubt it.

Given your callous remark, one has to doubt that you think at all.

And thinking was your claim.

Nick[_4_]
March 29th 16, 12:05 PM
On 29/03/2016 11:26, JNugent wrote:

> Given your callous remark, one has to doubt that you think at all.
>
> And thinking was your claim.

You may regard ignorance and stupidity as an excuse for serious anti
social behaviour. I do not. I believe people should be responsible for
their own actions. You may regard it as callous to point this out but I
would regard not doing so as a lack of honesty. A lack of honesty that
encourages others to continue their anti social activities. A lack of
honesty that encourages the weak and stupid to believe that negative
consequences of their own behaviour are just bad luck rather than due to
their own selfish and risky behaviour. e.g. the "Nothing I could have
done" mentality.

Pretending I have not thought this through is childish.

jnugent
March 29th 16, 03:07 PM
On 29/03/2016 12:05, Nick wrote:

> On 29/03/2016 11:26, JNugent wrote:
>
>> Given your callous remark, one has to doubt that you think at all.
>> And thinking was your claim.
>
> You may regard ignorance and stupidity as an excuse for serious anti
> social behaviour. I do not.

Don't be so hard on yourself. As bad, unthinking and self-centred as
your behaviour was, it was still a little way short of "serious
anti-social behaviour". Unless one of the lad's parents or other family
members read your post, I mean.

> I believe people should be responsible for their own actions.

So do I.

> You may regard it as callous to point this out but I
> would regard not doing so as a lack of honesty.

In civilised societies, we have conventions to the effect that we try
not to speak ill of the dead and that we try not to distress bereaved
family and friends. Both of those, that is, not either/or. Not everyone
manages to measure up to those civilised standards, of course. Some
never do, some fail occasionally.

> A lack of honesty that
> encourages others to continue their anti social activities.

One could definitely say the same of certain sorts of road-user
overtaking left-turning HGVs on the nearside.

> A lack of
> honesty that encourages the weak and stupid to believe that negative
> consequences of their own behaviour are just bad luck rather than due to
> their own selfish and risky behaviour. e.g. the "Nothing I could have
> done" mentality.

I know what you mean. We have read more than one report here of cyclists
hitting a brick or stone wall at the bottom of a hill and perishing in
the incident.

> Pretending I have not thought this through is childish.

Oh, you gave it some consideration beforehand. Whether that counted as
"thinking" or just as knee-jerking is the issue.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home