PDA

View Full Version : Child maimed by pavement cyclist, guess what? The cyclist rode away.

MrCheerful
March 30th 16, 01:41 PM
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Cyclist-breaks-little-boy-s-leg-rides-help/story-29018092-detail/story.html

jnugent
March 30th 16, 03:56 PM
On 30/03/2016 13:41, MrCheerful wrote:

> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Cyclist-breaks-little-boy-s-leg-rides-help/story-29018092-detail/story.html

QUOTE:
"It happened at around 7.50pm on Thursday, March 17, when the young boy
was walking out of a front gate.

"The cyclist, who was riding on the pavement, hit him.
"He is described as a man, dressed all in black riding a black cycle.
"The cyclist didn't stop and was seen to ride off towards the city centre.
"The boy was taken to hospital and suffered a broken leg.
"Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."

Describing the cyclist as a "man" is probably a little OTT.

Male, maybe. Fully-grown, maybe.

"Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."

Male and fully-grown he might be, but a "man"?

It would take a man to own up to his disgusting behaviour.

So there's no chance.

colwyn[_2_]
March 30th 16, 04:48 PM
On 30/03/2016 15:56, JNugent wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 13:41, MrCheerful wrote:
>
>> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Cyclist-breaks-little-boy-s-leg-rides-help/story-29018092-detail/story.html
>>

> QUOTE:
> "It happened at around 7.50pm on Thursday, March 17, when the young boy
> was walking out of a front gate.
>
> "The cyclist, who was riding on the pavement, hit him.
> "He is described as a man, dressed all in black riding a black cycle.
> "The cyclist didn't stop and was seen to ride off towards the city centre.
> "The boy was taken to hospital and suffered a broken leg.
> "Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."
>
> Describing the cyclist as a "man" is probably a little OTT.
>
> Male, maybe. Fully-grown, maybe.
>
> "Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."
>
> Male and fully-grown he might be, but a "man"?
>
> It would take a man to own up to his disgusting behaviour.
>
> So there's no chance.

I've always maintained "shared pavements" are dangerous.
The answer is to report all transgressions to the police and the local
authorities.
It is an improvement on just salivating!

jnugent
March 30th 16, 04:59 PM
On 30/03/2016 16:48, colwyn wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 15:56, JNugent wrote:
>> On 30/03/2016 13:41, MrCheerful wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Cyclist-breaks-little-boy-s-leg-rides-help/story-29018092-detail/story.html
>>>

>> QUOTE:
>> "It happened at around 7.50pm on Thursday, March 17, when the young boy
>> was walking out of a front gate.
>>
>> "The cyclist, who was riding on the pavement, hit him.
>> "He is described as a man, dressed all in black riding a black cycle.
>> "The cyclist didn't stop and was seen to ride off towards the city
>> centre.
>> "The boy was taken to hospital and suffered a broken leg.
>> "Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."
>>
>> Describing the cyclist as a "man" is probably a little OTT.
>>
>> Male, maybe. Fully-grown, maybe.
>>
>> "Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."
>>
>> Male and fully-grown he might be, but a "man"?
>>
>> It would take a man to own up to his disgusting behaviour.
>>
>> So there's no chance.
>>
> I've always maintained "shared pavements" are dangerous.
> The answer is to report all transgressions to the police and the local
> authorities.
> It is an improvement on just salivating!

You can be fairly certain that there are very few - if any - cycle paths
which adjoin garden gates.

colwyn[_2_]
March 30th 16, 05:19 PM
On 30/03/2016 16:59, JNugent wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 16:48, colwyn wrote:

>>> QUOTE:
>>> "It happened at around 7.50pm on Thursday, March 17, when the young boy
>>> was walking out of a front gate.
>>>
>>> "The cyclist, who was riding on the pavement, hit him.
>>> "He is described as a man, dressed all in black riding a black cycle.
>>> "The cyclist didn't stop and was seen to ride off towards the city
>>> centre.
>>> "The boy was taken to hospital and suffered a broken leg.
>>> "Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."
>>>
>>> Describing the cyclist as a "man" is probably a little OTT.
>>>
>>> Male, maybe. Fully-grown, maybe.
>>>
>>> "Sergeant Tom Richardson is appealing for the cyclist to get in touch."
>>>
>>> Male and fully-grown he might be, but a "man"?
>>>
>>> It would take a man to own up to his disgusting behaviour.
>>>
>>> So there's no chance.
>>>
>> I've always maintained "shared pavements" are dangerous.
>> The answer is to report all transgressions to the police and the local
>> authorities.
>> It is an improvement on just salivating!
>
> You can be fairly certain that there are very few - if any - cycle paths
> which adjoin garden gates.

I bow to Omniscience!

jnugent
March 30th 16, 05:29 PM
On 30/03/2016 17:19, colwyn wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 16:59, JNugent wrote:

>>> I've always maintained "shared pavements" are dangerous.
>>> The answer is to report all transgressions to the police and the local
>>> authorities.
>>> It is an improvement on just salivating!
>>
>> You can be fairly certain that there are very few - if any - cycle paths
>> which adjoin garden gates.
>>>

> I bow to Omniscience!

It is obvious.

Same for shop doorways.

colwyn[_2_]
March 30th 16, 05:50 PM
On 30/03/2016 17:29, JNugent wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:19, colwyn wrote:

>>> You can be fairly certain that there are very few - if any - cycle paths
>>> which adjoin garden gates.
>>>>

>> I bow to Omniscience!
>
> It is obvious.
>
> Same for shop doorways.

Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)

jnugent
March 30th 16, 05:52 PM
On 30/03/2016 17:50, colwyn wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:29, JNugent wrote:

>>> I bow to Omniscience!
>
>> It is obvious.
>
>> Same for shop doorways.
>
> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)

What are you arguing about, precisely?

colwyn[_2_]
March 30th 16, 06:12 PM
On 30/03/2016 17:52, JNugent wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:50, colwyn wrote:

>>> It is obvious.
>>
>>> Same for shop doorways.
>>
>> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)
>
> What are you arguing about, precisely?

Your despicable comments and casting aspersions without knowing the full
story:

"Describing the cyclist as a "man" is probably a little OTT.

Male, maybe. Fully-grown, maybe.

Male and fully-grown he might be, but a "man"?

It would take a man to own up to his disgusting behaviour.

So there's no chance. "

JNugent reply:............................................ .
.................................................. ..........
.................................................. ..........
Ad nauseum

colwyn[_2_]
March 30th 16, 06:19 PM
On 30/03/2016 18:12, colwyn wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:52, JNugent wrote:

>>> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)
>>
>> What are you arguing about, precisely?
>
> Your despicable comments and casting aspersions without knowing the full
> story:
>
> "Describing the cyclist as a "man" is probably a little OTT.
>
> Male, maybe. Fully-grown, maybe.
>
> Male and fully-grown he might be, but a "man"?
>
> It would take a man to own up to his disgusting behaviour.
>
> So there's no chance. "
>
> JNugent reply:............................................ .
> .................................................. .........
> .................................................. .........
> Ad nauseum
>
> Correction: ad nauseam

MrCheerful
March 30th 16, 06:20 PM
On 30/03/2016 17:50, colwyn wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:29, JNugent wrote:

>>> I bow to Omniscience!
>>
>> It is obvious.
>>
>> Same for shop doorways.
>>

> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)

I doubt that Cannon Street is shared use footway, it is a tiny little
residential rd. Shared use is just a red herring. However, whether it
was shared use, a dedicated cycle path or the main road, to run into a
child heavily enough to break his leg and then run/cycle away is despicable.

colwyn[_2_]
March 30th 16, 06:27 PM
On 30/03/2016 18:20, Mrcheerful wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:50, colwyn wrote:

>>> It is obvious.
>>>
>>> Same for shop doorways.
>>>

>> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)
>
> I doubt that Cannon Street is shared use footway, it is a tiny little
> residential rd. Shared use is just a red herring. However, whether it
> was shared use, a dedicated cycle path or the main road, to run into a
> child heavily enough to break his leg and then run/cycle away is
> despicable.

Another "Know all"!

jnugent
March 30th 16, 06:35 PM
On 30/03/2016 18:12, colwyn wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:52, JNugent wrote:

>>> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)
>>
>> What are you arguing about, precisely?
>
> Your despicable comments and casting aspersions without knowing the full
> story:

My comments are far from being despicable. OTOH, the cyclist's actions -
all of them connected with the incident - certainly are despicable.

> "Describing the cyclist as a "man" is probably a little OTT.
> Male, maybe. Fully-grown, maybe.
> Male and fully-grown he might be, but a "man"?
> It would take a man to own up to his disgusting behaviour.
> So there's no chance. "

Perhaps you could say which bit of that is inaccurate.

"Without knowing the full story"?

Do you mean "without hearing the cyclist's self-pitying welter of excuses"?

jnugent
March 30th 16, 06:35 PM
On 30/03/2016 18:20, Mrcheerful wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 17:50, colwyn wrote:

>>> It is obvious.
>>>
>>> Same for shop doorways.
>>>

>> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)
>
> I doubt that Cannon Street is shared use footway, it is a tiny little
> residential rd. Shared use is just a red herring. However, whether it
> was shared use, a dedicated cycle path or the main road, to run into a
> child heavily enough to break his leg and then run/cycle away is
> despicable.

100%.

And one would reasonably expect any sane person to agree with all of it.

MrCheerful
March 30th 16, 06:39 PM
On 30/03/2016 18:27, colwyn wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 18:20, Mrcheerful wrote:

>>> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)
>>
>> I doubt that Cannon Street is shared use footway, it is a tiny little
>> residential rd. Shared use is just a red herring. However, whether it
>> was shared use, a dedicated cycle path or the main road, to run into a
>> child heavily enough to break his leg and then run/cycle away is
>> despicable.
>
> Another "Know all"!

The details written say everything that needs to be known, there can be
no acceptable explanation for someone injuring someone else and not
stopping. The location does not actually enter into the situation, the
cyclist is in the wrong and I hope his life is ruined by this cowardly
act.

Do you acyually think that what the cyclist did is OK? If so, then you
must live in a different world to the average civilised person.

jnugent
March 30th 16, 06:44 PM
On 30/03/2016 18:27, colwyn wrote:

> On 30/03/2016 18:20, Mrcheerful wrote:

Does that mean:

(a) that footways where the authorities have painted a so-called "cycle
lane" are dangerous, or

(b) that gratuitous "sharing" of a pure footway by a cyclist is dangerous?

Or does it mean bi=oth of those?

Be aware that the location in question has no official "shared"
footways. It has a footway for pedestrians and a carriagweway for
wheeled traffic.

See:
<http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Cyclist-breaks-little-boy-s-leg-rides-help/story-29018092-detail/story.html>

Also: <http://tinyurl.com/h8p9l5o>

See any "shared footway" signs?

The street is almost a cul-de-sac.

....and never hear another word about it.

>>> Are you having difficulty with the word "share"? ( Whether legal or not)
>
>> I doubt that Cannon Street is shared use footway, it is a tiny little
>> residential rd. Shared use is just a red herring. However, whether it
>> was shared use, a dedicated cycle path or the main road, to run into a
>> child heavily enough to break his leg and then run/cycle away is
>> despicable.
>
> Another "Know all"!

Did the cyclist *not* scarper, then?

Be advised: there is no mention in the report of any "shared footpath".

That's just an excuse being floated here and based on exactly nothing.

The location was a footway reserved for pedestrians. The cyclist was
just a typical scofflaw chav who cares for no-one except himself.

But it seems that there are some who "think" he was right to run away
and that if only we were able to hear his side of things, he'd come up
smelling of roses.

MrCheerful
March 31st 16, 08:51 AM
On 30/03/2016 13:41, MrCheerful wrote:
> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Cyclist-breaks-little-boy-s-leg-rides-help/story-29018092-detail/story.html

slight update: The cyclist's excuse: "To be fair, he (the 8 year old
child) knocked me off my bike"
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Schoolboy-suffers-broken-leg-places-collision/story-29021580-detail/story.html

jnugent
March 31st 16, 02:51 PM
On 31/03/2016 08:51, MrCheerful wrote:

> On 30/03/2016 13:41, MrCheerful wrote:
>> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Cyclist-breaks-little-boy-s-leg-rides-help/story-29018092-detail/story.html

> slight update: The cyclist's excuse: "To be fair, he (the 8 year old
> child) knocked me off my bike"
> http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Schoolboy-suffers-broken-leg-places-collision/story-29021580-detail/story.html

As someone else might say, the cyclist's wriggling has begun.

He'll probably also claim that the heavy traffic passing at speed in
that short residential cul-de-sac meant that he could not possibly cycle
in accordance with the law and/or give consideration to pedestrians and
residents. And anyway, he had shouted the customary "**** off, ****" so
the kid should never have got into his way in the first place.

And then a few of the usual suspects here will support him and blame the
child victim.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home