PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Simon Mason - how to flash

Mr Macaw
March 30th 16, 07:34 PM
Observe a police van flashing his lights correctly, not as it says in the ****ed up HC.

https://youtu.be/9zOQ7JjJYsw

--
Keyboard error - press any key to continue...

Alycidon
March 30th 16, 07:41 PM
On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 19:34:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> Observe a police van flashing his lights correctly, not as it says in the ****ed up HC.
>
> https://youtu.be/9zOQ7JjJYsw

I flashed correctly here as well as a warning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbH0gd7Bk2Y

Bod[_5_]
March 30th 16, 07:50 PM
On 30/03/2016 19:41, Alycidon wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 19:34:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>> Observe a police van flashing his lights correctly, not as it says in the ****ed up HC.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/9zOQ7JjJYsw
>
> I flashed correctly here as well as a warning.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbH0gd7Bk2Y

Did you say "warning"? He'd already done the manouvre.
A pretty pointless gesture, IMO.

Mr Macaw's video showed how everybody uses flashing in the real world
and I agree that the HC version is nonsense.

--
Bod

Alycidon
March 30th 16, 08:00 PM
On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 19:50:20 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
> On 30/03/2016 19:41, Alycidon wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 19:34:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> >> Observe a police van flashing his lights correctly, not as it says in the ****ed up HC.
> >>
> >> https://youtu.be/9zOQ7JjJYsw
> >
> > I flashed correctly here as well as a warning.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbH0gd7Bk2Y
> >
> Did you say "warning"? He'd already done the manouvre.
> A pretty pointless gesture, IMO.
>
> Mr Macaw's video showed how everybody uses flashing in the real world
> and I agree that the HC version is nonsense.

Except in a court case where someone flashed someone to emerge from a side road who than gets flattened by an HGV.

The HC rule would then be cited as a reason as to why you should not rely on them.

Bod[_5_]
March 30th 16, 08:03 PM
On 30/03/2016 20:00, Alycidon wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 19:50:20 UTC+1, Bod wrote:

>>> I flashed correctly here as well as a warning.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbH0gd7Bk2Y
>>>
>> Did you say "warning"? He'd already done the manouvre.
>> A pretty pointless gesture, IMO.
>>
>> Mr Macaw's video showed how everybody uses flashing in the real world
>> and I agree that the HC version is nonsense.
>
> Except in a court case where someone flashed someone to emerge from a side road who than gets flattened by an HGV.
>
> The HC rule would then be cited as a reason as to why you should not rely on them.

Funny how *everyone* I've ever flashed, fully understood why I flashed
(including police cars).

--
Bod

Mr Macaw
March 30th 16, 08:12 PM
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 19:50:17 +0100, Bod > wrote:

> On 30/03/2016 19:41, Alycidon wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 19:34:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>>> Observe a police van flashing his lights correctly, not as it says in the ****ed up HC.
>>>
>>> https://youtu.be/9zOQ7JjJYsw
>>
>> I flashed correctly here as well as a warning.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbH0gd7Bk2Y
>>
> Did you say "warning"? He'd already done the manouvre.
> A pretty pointless gesture, IMO.

Indeed. Simon was flashing in anger. Not allowed.

--
The dot over the letter i is called a tittle.

Mr Macaw
March 30th 16, 08:14 PM
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:00:16 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 19:50:20 UTC+1, Bod wrote:

>> > I flashed correctly here as well as a warning.
>> >
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbH0gd7Bk2Y
>> >
>> Did you say "warning"? He'd already done the manouvre.
>> A pretty pointless gesture, IMO.
>>
>> Mr Macaw's video showed how everybody uses flashing in the real world
>> and I agree that the HC version is nonsense.
>
> Except in a court case where someone flashed someone to emerge from a side road who than gets flattened by an HGV.
>
> The HC rule would then be cited as a reason as to why you should not rely on them.

You misunderstand completely. If I flash you I'm not saying "it's safe for you to go", I'm saying "I'm letting you go first." Clearly you need to look for other traffic. I might for example see someone trying to turn right from a sideroad on my left. I'll flash to say you can go in front of me, they can then watch the traffic on their left and wait for the gap.

--
"I must take every precaution not to get pregnant," said Judi to her best friend Monika.
"But I thought you said your hubby had a vasectomy," Monika responded.

Mr Macaw
March 30th 16, 08:15 PM
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:03:06 +0100, Bod > wrote:

> On 30/03/2016 20:00, Alycidon wrote:

>>> Did you say "warning"? He'd already done the manouvre.
>>> A pretty pointless gesture, IMO.
>>>
>>> Mr Macaw's video showed how everybody uses flashing in the real world
>>> and I agree that the HC version is nonsense.
>>
>> Except in a court case where someone flashed someone to emerge from a side road who than gets flattened by an HGV.
>>
>> The HC rule would then be cited as a reason as to why you should not rely on them.
>>
> Funny how *everyone* I've ever flashed, fully understood why I flashed
> (including police cars).

People with severe OCD follow rules despite the real world not matching up. I bet if Simon was on a motorway overtaking a 65mph car at 70mph, and a speeding ambulance appeared in his rearview mirror, he wouldn't go over 70 to let it past.

--
Have you heard of the untimely passing of the Energizer Bunny?
Someone put his batteries in backwards and he just kept coming and coming and coming . . .

Alycidon
March 30th 16, 08:39 PM
On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 20:15:23 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> People with severe OCD follow rules despite the real world not matching up. I bet if Simon was on a motorway overtaking a 65mph car at 70mph, and a speeding ambulance appeared in his rearview mirror, he wouldn't go over 70 to let it past.

Here I am doing 50 on a m-way 50mph zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk

Mr Macaw
March 30th 16, 09:28 PM
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:39:12 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 20:15:23 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>

>> People with severe OCD follow rules despite the real world not matching up. I bet if Simon was on a motorway overtaking a 65mph car at 70mph, and a speeding ambulance appeared in his rearview mirror, he wouldn't go over 70 to let it past.
>
> Here I am doing 50 on a m-way 50mph zone.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk

And look at all those drivers disagreeing with your choice of speed. Ever feel like you're alone?

--
Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?

Alycidon
March 30th 16, 09:32 PM
On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 21:29:02 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:39:12 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 20:15:23 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> >

> >> People with severe OCD follow rules despite the real world not matching up. I bet if Simon was on a motorway overtaking a 65mph car at 70mph, and a speeding ambulance appeared in his rearview mirror, he wouldn't go over 70 to let it past.
> >
> > Here I am doing 50 on a m-way 50mph zone.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk
>
> And look at all those drivers disagreeing with your choice of speed. Ever feel like you're alone?
>
> --
> Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?

Sadly yes - so many law breakers out there.

Mr Macaw
March 30th 16, 09:39 PM
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:32:43 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 21:29:02 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > Here I am doing 50 on a m-way 50mph zone.
>> >
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk
>>
>> And look at all those drivers disagreeing with your choice of speed. Ever feel like you're alone?
>>
>> --
>> Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?
>
> Sadly yes - so many law breakers out there.

The law is the opinion of the majority. There can be no other way.

--
Jazz is what you get when you push a blues quartet down a long flight of stairs.

Kerr Mudd-John
March 30th 16, 09:44 PM
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:39:18 +0100, Mr Macaw > wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:32:43 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 21:29:02 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>>> matching up. I bet if Simon was on a motorway overtaking a 65mph car
>>> at 70mph, and a speeding ambulance appeared in his rearview mirror, he
>>> wouldn't go over 70 to let it past.

>>> And look at all those drivers disagreeing with your choice of speed.
>>> Ever feel like you're alone?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?
>>
>> Sadly yes - so many law breakers out there.
>
> The law is the opinion of the majority. There can be no other way.

plonker.

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug

Mr Macaw
March 30th 16, 09:48 PM
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:44:46 +0100, Kerr Mudd-John > wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 21:39:18 +0100, Mr Macaw > wrote:

>>> Sadly yes - so many law breakers out there.
>>
>> The law is the opinion of the majority. There can be no other way.
>>
> plonker.

Why can't you grasp a simple concept? If 99 people think the speed limit should be 80 and 1 thinks it should be 70, then it clearly has to be set at 80. We live in a democracy.

--
For men, the conversation happens in addition to driving
whereas for women the driving is something that happens in addition to the conversation.

Roger Merriman[_4_]
April 2nd 16, 08:28 AM
Alycidon > wrote:

> On Wednesday, 30 March 2016 21:29:02 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> > > Here I am doing 50 on a m-way 50mph zone.
> > >
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk
> >
> > And look at all those drivers disagreeing with your choice of speed.
> > Ever feel like you're alone?
> >
> > --
> > Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?
>
> Sadly yes - so many law breakers out there.

and since we are talking about 50mph Motorway zones, what average speed
cameras are.

Roger Merriman

Mr Macaw
April 2nd 16, 11:58 PM
On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 08:28:09 +0100, Roger Merriman > wrote:

> Alycidon > wrote:

>> > And look at all those drivers disagreeing with your choice of speed..
>> > Ever feel like you're alone?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Do infants have as much fun in their infancy as adults do in adultery?
>>
>> Sadly yes - so many law breakers out there.
>
> and since we are talking about 50mph Motorway zones, what average speed
> cameras are.

Average speed cameras are law breakers?

--
There are forty £100 million notes in the Bank of England.

Peter Keller[_3_]
April 3rd 16, 09:56 AM
On 03.04.2016 10:58, Mr Macaw wrote:

> Average speed cameras are law breakers?