PDA

View Full Version : The big problem of pavement cycling for Mr Loophole

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 08:29 AM
HAHAHA - Got right up the scum's hooter.

QUOTE:
FINES for cyclists illegally riding on Merseyside pavements have dropped by a massive 500%, new figures show.

And penalties for those on bikes who don't use lights at night have fallen by 300% in the county.

But celebrity traffic lawyer Nick 'Loophole' Freeman, who obtained the figures, believes it proves police are increasingly turning a blind eye to cyclists breaking the law.

The tumbling figures come against a backdrop of more cyclists using Britain's roads, with 645,000 cycle journeys a day in London, in 2014.

Mr Freeman said: "For a number of years now I have been calling for bicycles to have identification plates so those riders who break the law can be caught and prosecuted. KEEP DREAMING, PAL.

"Whilst some may suggest the figures have fallen because less cyclists are breaking the law that is clearly total nonsense.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fines-merseyside-cyclists-riding-pavement-11120405

jnugent
April 1st 16, 04:00 PM
On 01/04/2016 08:29, Alycidon wrote:

> HAHAHA - Got right up the scum's hooter.
> QUOTE:
> FINES for cyclists illegally riding on Merseyside pavements have dropped by a massive 500%, new figures show.
> And penalties for those on bikes who don't use lights at night have fallen by 300% in the county.
> But celebrity traffic lawyer Nick 'Loophole' Freeman, who obtained the figures, believes it proves police are increasingly turning a blind eye to cyclists breaking the law.
> The tumbling figures come against a backdrop of more cyclists using Britain's roads, with 645,000 cycle journeys a day in London, in 2014.
> Mr Freeman said: "For a number of years now I have been calling for bicycles to have identification plates so those riders who break the law can be caught and prosecuted. KEEP DREAMING, PAL.
> "Whilst some may suggest the figures have fallen because less cyclists are breaking the law that is clearly total nonsense.
> http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fines-merseyside-cyclists-riding-pavement-11120405

The Echo at its finest.

It prints so much nonsense these days that one is forced to the
inevitable conclusion that it *must* be edited by someone from 'Ull.

How can anything fall by 300%, or even better, by a massive 500%?

That's a Humberside-educated subbie at "work".

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 04:05 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 08:29:40 UTC+1, Alycidon wrote:
> HAHAHA - Got right up the scum's hooter.
>
> QUOTE:
"Perhaps also, murder, burglary, robbery, fraud... but yeah, when it comes to traffic violations alone you could extend your list a lot further before bicycle misbehaviour is anywhere near the top of the priority list.

I regards to this article though, I can see why their picture of a bicycle on a pavement would get such ire. She looks dangerous indeed. Muahahahaha. Perhaps that's a suicide rucksack."

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 04:06 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 08:29:40 UTC+1, Alycidon wrote:
> HAHAHA - Got right up the scum's hooter.
>
> QUOTE:
"Imagine the outcry if every driver who did 31 mph was fined as per the letter of the law, instead of being allowed up to 37mph."

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:04 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 16:00:30 +0100, JNugent > wrote:

> On 01/04/2016 08:29, Alycidon wrote:
>
>> HAHAHA - Got right up the scum's hooter.
>> QUOTE:
>> FINES for cyclists illegally riding on Merseyside pavements have dropped by a massive 500%, new figures show.
>> And penalties for those on bikes who don't use lights at night have fallen by 300% in the county.
>> But celebrity traffic lawyer Nick 'Loophole' Freeman, who obtained the figures, believes it proves police are increasingly turning a blind eye to cyclists breaking the law.
>> The tumbling figures come against a backdrop of more cyclists using Britain's roads, with 645,000 cycle journeys a day in London, in 2014.
>> Mr Freeman said: "For a number of years now I have been calling for bicycles to have identification plates so those riders who break the law can be caught and prosecuted. KEEP DREAMING, PAL.
>> "Whilst some may suggest the figures have fallen because less cyclists are breaking the law that is clearly total nonsense.
>> http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fines-merseyside-cyclists-riding-pavement-11120405
>
> The Echo at its finest.
>
> It prints so much nonsense these days that one is forced to the
> inevitable conclusion that it *must* be edited by someone from 'Ull.
>
> How can anything fall by 300%, or even better, by a massive 500%?
>
> That's a Humberside-educated subbie at "work".

A profit can fall by 500%, it means one day you're earning £1000, then the next you're losing £4000. So I guess the cyclists are getting paid to cycle on the pavement.

--
Old Lady - "What is that funny looking thing over there?"
Zoo Keeper - "That's a kangaroo, madam. a native of Australia,"

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:05 PM

That happens in North Wales if that **** of a cunstable is still about.

--
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:07 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 16:00:30 +0100, JNugent > wrote:

> On 01/04/2016 08:29, Alycidon wrote:
>
>> HAHAHA - Got right up the scum's hooter.
>> QUOTE:
>> FINES for cyclists illegally riding on Merseyside pavements have dropped by a massive 500%, new figures show.
>> And penalties for those on bikes who don't use lights at night have fallen by 300% in the county.
>> But celebrity traffic lawyer Nick 'Loophole' Freeman, who obtained the figures, believes it proves police are increasingly turning a blind eye to cyclists breaking the law.
>> The tumbling figures come against a backdrop of more cyclists using Britain's roads, with 645,000 cycle journeys a day in London, in 2014.
>> Mr Freeman said: "For a number of years now I have been calling for bicycles to have identification plates so those riders who break the law can be caught and prosecuted. KEEP DREAMING, PAL.
>> "Whilst some may suggest the figures have fallen because less cyclists are breaking the law that is clearly total nonsense.
>> http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fines-merseyside-cyclists-riding-pavement-11120405
>
> The Echo at its finest.
>
> It prints so much nonsense these days that one is forced to the
> inevitable conclusion that it *must* be edited by someone from 'Ull.
>
> How can anything fall by 300%, or even better, by a massive 500%?
>
> That's a Humberside-educated subbie at "work".

Comment placed on page re: 500%.

--
A juggler, driving to his next performance, is stopped by the police. "What are these matches and lighter fluid doing in your car?" asks the cop.
"I'm a juggler and I juggle flaming torches in my act."

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:17 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:04 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> A profit can fall by 500%, it means one day you're earning £1000, then the next you're losing £4000. So I guess the cyclists are getting paid to cycle on the pavement.

My credit cards are paying me out as I pay not one penny in charges and yet they send me £50 off M+S vouchers every few months.

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:20 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:36 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 16:06:08 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:
>
> > On Friday, 1 April 2016 08:29:40 UTC+1, Alycidon wrote:
> >> HAHAHA - Got right up the scum's hooter.
> >>
> >> QUOTE:
> > "Imagine the outcry if every driver who did 31 mph was fined as per the letter of the law, instead of being allowed up to 37mph."
>
> That happens in North Wales if that **** of a cunstable is still about.

Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:26 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:20:13 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:36 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > "Imagine the outcry if every driver who did 31 mph was fined as per the letter of the law, instead of being allowed up to 37mph."
>>
>> That happens in North Wales if that **** of a cunstable is still about.
>
> Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.

Stupid analogy. More like taking 1kg of apples and paying for them, but accidentally weighing 1.05kg. Cars change speed all the time due to hills etc. You cannot be expected to watch your speed every half a second. If you do, which it sounds like you do, you're not paying attention to the road and are a dangerous driver.

--
Our parents got divorced when we were kids and it was kind of cool.

We got to go to divorce court with them. It was like a game show. My mom won the house and car. We're all excited. My dad got some luggage.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:26 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:20:13 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:36 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > "Imagine the outcry if every driver who did 31 mph was fined as per the letter of the law, instead of being allowed up to 37mph."
>>
>> That happens in North Wales if that **** of a cunstable is still about.
>
> Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.

Have you seen a doctor about your OCD? Because normal people all know you're an idiot. They must be able to correct it somehow.

--
If our service isn't up to your standards, please lower your standards.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:27 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:17:46 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:04 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>
>> A profit can fall by 500%, it means one day you're earning £1000, then the next you're losing £4000. So I guess the cyclists are getting paid to cycle on the pavement.
>
> My credit cards are paying me out as I pay not one penny in charges and yet they send me £50 off M+S vouchers every few months.

But say you were paying £50 interest a month, then you paid it off and started getting vouchers, a fall in interest of 500% would mean you were getting £200 a month of vouchers. Very unlikely. And it cannot apply to the number of crimes prosecuted.

--
A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:28 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:20:13 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:36 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > "Imagine the outcry if every driver who did 31 mph was fined as per the letter of the law, instead of being allowed up to 37mph."
>>
>> That happens in North Wales if that **** of a cunstable is still about.
>
> Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.

If you believe in precise everything everywhere, then you should not cycle on the pavement. You are a hypocrite.

--
The state of Texas has executed yet another inmate. But Unforeseen legal issues have arisen. The state has killed so many people this year, it must now register as a tobacco company.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:31 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:17:46 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:04 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>
>> A profit can fall by 500%, it means one day you're earning £1000, then the next you're losing £4000. So I guess the cyclists are getting paid to cycle on the pavement.
>
> My credit cards are paying me out as I pay not one penny in charges and yet they send me £50 off M+S vouchers every few months.

Actually the credit card company charges the shop 2%. So it's on the price of your goods.

--

On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:28:25 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:20:13 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> >> That happens in North Wales if that **** of a cunstable is still about.
> >
> > Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.
>
> If you believe in precise everything everywhere, then you should not cycle on the pavement. You are a hypocrite.

I have never cycled on the pavement in my life.

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:34 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:31:34 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:17:46 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:
>
> > On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:05:04 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> >
> >> A profit can fall by 500%, it means one day you're earning £1000, then the next you're losing £4000. So I guess the cyclists are getting paid to cycle on the pavement.
> >
> > My credit cards are paying me out as I pay not one penny in charges and yet they send me £50 off M+S vouchers every few months.
>
> Actually the credit card company charges the shop 2%. So it's on the price of your goods.

Yes - my Alfa independent one man band charges extra for credit cards for this very reason, but the big repair shop that just did my wheel did not as they can stand it.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:35 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:31:55 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:28:25 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.
>>
>> If you believe in precise everything everywhere, then you should not cycle on the pavement. You are a hypocrite.
>
> I have never cycled on the pavement in my life.

You just claimed it was ok to do so in the original post in this thread.

--
I was walking down the street and saw a black guy walking with a TV in his hands.
I thought to myself, **** that looks like mine so I rushed home.

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:37 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:26:13 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:20:13 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> >> That happens in North Wales if that **** of a cunstable is still about..
> >
> > Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.
>
> Stupid analogy. More like taking 1kg of apples and paying for them, but accidentally weighing 1.05kg. Cars change speed all the time due to hills etc. You cannot be expected to watch your speed every half a second. If you do, which it sounds like you do, you're not paying attention to the road and are a dangerous driver.

Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:39 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:35:46 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:31:55 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> >> If you believe in precise everything everywhere, then you should not cycle on the pavement. You are a hypocrite.
> >
> > I have never cycled on the pavement in my life.
>
> You just claimed it was ok to do so in the original post in this thread.

Nope - I just said the figures going down by that amount shows how little the plod bother about it as they have much bigger crimes to attend to.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:40 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:34:29 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:31:34 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > My credit cards are paying me out as I pay not one penny in charges and yet they send me £50 off M+S vouchers every few months.
>>
>> Actually the credit card company charges the shop 2%. So it's on the price of your goods.
>
> Yes - my Alfa independent one man band charges extra for credit cards for this very reason, but the big repair shop that just did my wheel did not as they can stand it.

If credit cards went away, your goods would all be 2% cheaper, that's more than the value of the vouchers.

--
Apparently Jimmy Savile isn't dead, he was recently seen off the Scarborough coast bobbing up and down on a small buoy.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:41 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:37:07 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:26:13 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.
>>
>> Stupid analogy. More like taking 1kg of apples and paying for them, but accidentally weighing 1.05kg. Cars change speed all the time due to hills etc. You cannot be expected to watch your speed every half a second. If you do, which it sounds like you do, you're not paying attention to the road and are a dangerous driver.
>
> Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk

Or be a normal person and drive at roughly the limit.

--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.

jnugent
April 1st 16, 05:42 PM
On 01/04/2016 17:31, Alycidon wrote:
> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:28:25 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>>> Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.
>>
>> If you believe in precise everything everywhere, then you should not cycle on the pavement. You are a hypocrite.
>
> I have never cycled on the pavement in my life.

That's a lie.

Mason has even posted videos which show him cycling on footways, among
other traffic offences on his bike.

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:42 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:41:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:37:07 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> >> Stupid analogy. More like taking 1kg of apples and paying for them, but accidentally weighing 1.05kg. Cars change speed all the time due to hills etc. You cannot be expected to watch your speed every half a second. If you do, which it sounds like you do, you're not paying attention to the road and are a dangerous driver.
> >
> > Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk
>
> Or be a normal person and drive at roughly the limit.

Which was 50 mph despite all the scofflaws passing me.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 05:45 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:37:07 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:26:13 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.
>>
>> Stupid analogy. More like taking 1kg of apples and paying for them, but accidentally weighing 1.05kg. Cars change speed all the time due to hills etc. You cannot be expected to watch your speed every half a second. If you do, which it sounds like you do, you're not paying attention to the road and are a dangerous driver.
>
> Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk

You can't seriously think that 30mph is safe and 31mph is dangerous? How did BP ever give you a job with that kind of brain?

--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once." -- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:47 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:40:52 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:34:29 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> >> Actually the credit card company charges the shop 2%. So it's on the price of your goods.
> >
> > Yes - my Alfa independent one man band charges extra for credit cards for this very reason, but the big repair shop that just did my wheel did not as they can stand it.
>
> If credit cards went away, your goods would all be 2% cheaper, that's more than the value of the vouchers.

That is like saying that if Tesco did not pay vast sums in advertising then a tin of beans would be cheaper - it's a different budget.

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 05:50 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:45:43 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> > Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk
>
> You can't seriously think that 30mph is safe and 31mph is dangerous? How did BP ever give you a job with that kind of brain?

Lots of things are illegal, but safe.
Me putting my bins out too early for example.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2004263/Mother-fined-300-for-putting-bins-out-early.html

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 06:00 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:37:07 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:26:13 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > Should happen everywhere. Imagine stealing a pen from WHS and they let you off until you thieve half a dozen + 10%.
>>
>> Stupid analogy. More like taking 1kg of apples and paying for them, but accidentally weighing 1.05kg. Cars change speed all the time due to hills etc. You cannot be expected to watch your speed every half a second. If you do, which it sounds like you do, you're not paying attention to the road and are a dangerous driver.
>
> Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk

What percentage of cars do you believe have cruise control?

--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.
"Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once." -- Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 09:57 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:50:38 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:45:43 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>
>> > Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.
>> >
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk
>>
>> You can't seriously think that 30mph is safe and 31mph is dangerous? How did BP ever give you a job with that kind of brain?
>
> Lots of things are illegal, but safe.
> Me putting my bins out too early for example.
>
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2004263/Mother-fined-300-for-putting-bins-out-early.html

I no longer think my council are arseholes. Compared to them, they're angels. She put her bin out 1 day early? Is that IT?!? I do that if I'm going to be on holiday, even a whole week early. And I always put it out 24 hours early, as I have a note on my calendar to put it out on a Thursday. I often get to that task about 11am. The bins are collected 8am the next day, before I get up.

I suppose you think the ruling against her was ok?

--
Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 09:58 PM

Don't be so ****ing stupid. If it costs Tesco money, the prices have to go up.

--
If you spin oriental folk till they are dizzy, do they become disoriented?

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 09:58 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:42:33 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:41:09 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > Or I use cruise control and don't have to bother checking anything at all.
>> >
>> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgBf3qRlVZk
>>
>> Or be a normal person and drive at roughly the limit.
>
> Which was 50 mph despite all the scofflaws passing me.

Are you so crap a driver that you can't safely drive at 70 in a 50?

--
Fellows, it's often easier to just give in to your wife. I mean, what's your word against thousands of hers?

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 09:59 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:42:01 +0100, JNugent > wrote:

> On 01/04/2016 17:31, Alycidon wrote:

>>> If you believe in precise everything everywhere, then you should not cycle on the pavement. You are a hypocrite.
>>
>> I have never cycled on the pavement in my life.
>
> That's a lie.
>
> Mason has even posted videos which show him cycling on footways, among
> other traffic offences on his bike.

Careful, you'll short circuit his OCD brain. We need to get him a video selfie device before that happens.

--
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 10:00 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 17:39:57 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 17:35:46 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > I have never cycled on the pavement in my life.
>>
>> You just claimed it was ok to do so in the original post in this thread.
>
> Nope - I just said the figures going down by that amount shows how little the plod bother about it as they have much bigger crimes to attend to.

So you're saying it is an unimportant crime. I'm saying driving at 31mph is also unimportant, which is why the plod ignore that too.

--
Reality is for people who can't handle alcohol and joints.

Alycidon
April 1st 16, 10:07 PM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 21:58:56 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> >> Or be a normal person and drive at roughly the limit.
> >
> > Which was 50 mph despite all the scofflaws passing me.
>
> Are you so crap a driver that you can't safely drive at 70 in a 50?

I can and do much more than that.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/trip.jpg

Mr Macaw
April 1st 16, 10:42 PM
On Fri, 01 Apr 2016 22:07:15 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

>> > Which was 50 mph despite all the scofflaws passing me.
>>
>> Are you so crap a driver that you can't safely drive at 70 in a 50?
>
> I can and do much more than that.
>
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/trip.jpg

I said in a 50.

And I've done 140.

--
"I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out." -- Rodney Dangerfield.

jnugent
April 2nd 16, 12:44 AM
On 01/04/2016 22:07, Alycidon wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 21:58:56 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> Are you so crap a driver that you can't safely drive at 70 in a 50?

> I can and do much more than that.

> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/trip.jpg

Interesting.

Make a note of this one, chaps.

Mr Macaw
April 2nd 16, 01:38 AM
On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 00:44:06 +0100, JNugent > wrote:

> On 01/04/2016 22:07, Alycidon wrote:
>
>> On Friday, 1 April 2016 21:58:56 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>
>>> Are you so crap a driver that you can't safely drive at 70 in a 50?
>
>> I can and do much more than that.
>
>> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/trip.jpg
>
> Interesting.
>
> Make a note of this one, chaps.

Pathetic, not even a tonne.

--
The Royal Family have been declared bankrupt after receiving Richard III's parking fine.

Alycidon
April 2nd 16, 06:57 AM
On Friday, 1 April 2016 22:42:55 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> >> Are you so crap a driver that you can't safely drive at 70 in a 50?
> >
> > I can and do much more than that.
> >
> > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/trip.jpg
>
> I said in a 50.
>
> And I've done 140.

I have done 128, but did not record it.

Mr Macaw
April 2nd 16, 11:58 PM
On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 06:57:32 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 22:42:55 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > I can and do much more than that.
>> >
>> > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/trip.jpg
>>
>> I said in a 50.
>>
>> And I've done 140.
>
> I have done 128, but did not record it.

140 is more fun. And I was only in 5th, I didn't get up to 6th. Some slow frogs got in the way.

--
There are forty £100 million notes in the Bank of England.

Mr Macaw
April 2nd 16, 11:58 PM
On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 06:57:32 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Friday, 1 April 2016 22:42:55 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > I can and do much more than that.
>> >
>> > http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/trip.jpg
>>
>> I said in a 50.
>>
>> And I've done 140.
>
> I have done 128, but did not record it.

Then you must believe that the UK speed limits are wrong.

--
Beelzebug (n.): Satan in the form of a mosquito that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.

Alycidon
April 3rd 16, 05:38 AM
On Saturday, 2 April 2016 23:58:57 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> > I have done 128, but did not record it.
>
> Then you must believe that the UK speed limits are wrong.

No - looking at the totalled Porsches in the barriers in Germany, I think that they are wrong as do the Dutch, Danes, Czechs and Austrians etc.

Mr Macaw
April 3rd 16, 08:33 PM
On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 05:38:32 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Saturday, 2 April 2016 23:58:57 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>

>> > I have done 128, but did not record it.
>>
>> Then you must believe that the UK speed limits are wrong.
>
> No - looking at the totalled Porsches in the barriers in Germany, I think that they are wrong as do the Dutch, Danes, Czechs and Austrians etc.

If you think it is wrong to go 128, why did you do it?

--
The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.

Alycidon
April 3rd 16, 08:49 PM
On Sunday, 3 April 2016 20:33:23 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> >> Then you must believe that the UK speed limits are wrong.
> >
> > No - looking at the totalled Porsches in the barriers in Germany, I think that they are wrong as do the Dutch, Danes, Czechs and Austrians etc.
>
> If you think it is wrong to go 128, why did you do it?

It was not illegal - much like smoking dope in Amsterdam.

Not allowed here though.

Mr Macaw
April 3rd 16, 09:03 PM
On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 20:49:04 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Sunday, 3 April 2016 20:33:23 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>> > No - looking at the totalled Porsches in the barriers in Germany, I think that they are wrong as do the Dutch, Danes, Czechs and Austrians etc.
>>
>> If you think it is wrong to go 128, why did you do it?
>
> It was not illegal - much like smoking dope in Amsterdam.
>
> Not allowed here though.

Don't you ever base what you do on whether YOU consider it right? Shouldn't you think about how safe it is to do it? It cannot be safer to drive fast in a different country.

--
The reason women don't play football is because 11 of them would never wear the same outfit in public.

Alycidon
April 3rd 16, 09:18 PM
On Sunday, 3 April 2016 21:03:57 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

> > Not allowed here though.
>
> Don't you ever base what you do on whether YOU consider it right? Shouldn't you think about how safe it is to do it? It cannot be safer to drive fast in a different country.

No - I always make sure I am legal. Some countries need you to have your lights on all day, a first aid kit, warning triangle, hi-vis, spare bulbs, vignettes, snow chains etc. When in Rome.

Mr Macaw
April 3rd 16, 09:26 PM
On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 21:18:43 +0100, Alycidon > wrote:

> On Sunday, 3 April 2016 21:03:57 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:
>
>> > Not allowed here though.
>>
>> Don't you ever base what you do on whether YOU consider it right? Shouldn't you think about how safe it is to do it? It cannot be safer to drive fast in a different country.
>
> No - I always make sure I am legal. Some countries need you to have your lights on all day, a first aid kit, warning triangle, hi-vis, spare bulbs, vignettes, snow chains etc. When in Rome.

The more you post the stupider I realise you are. Are you incapable of making your own decisions?

Either:
You believe it's safe to go up to 100 on a motorway. You should break the law in the UK and try to get away with it.

Or:
You believe it's safe to go up to 70 on a motorway. You should drive under the speed limit in countries that let you go faster than that.

--
Avoid messes.. Remember to cover cat before microwaving.

jnugent
April 4th 16, 12:45 AM
On 03/04/2016 21:18, Alycidon wrote:

> On Sunday, 3 April 2016 21:03:57 UTC+1, Mr Macaw wrote:

>>> Not allowed here though.

>> Don't you ever base what you do on whether YOU consider it right? Shouldn't you think about how safe it is to do it? It cannot be safer to drive fast in a different country.

> No - I always make sure I am legal. Some countries need you to have your lights on all day, a first aid kit, warning triangle, hi-vis, spare bulbs, vignettes, snow chains etc. When in Rome.

Are there any countries in Europe where motor vehicles (other than
veterans from the early twentieth century fitted with demountable
windscreens), are not required to have working windscreen wipers?

Is it lawful/legal to drive a motor vehicle which does not have
functioning wipers, do you know?

It sounds awfully like an offence under the Construction and Use
Regulations, doesn't it? Any idea how many points the offence carries on
conviction?

Mr Macaw
April 4th 16, 02:34 AM
On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 00:45:12 +0100, JNugent > wrote:

>>> Don't you ever base what you do on whether YOU consider it right? Shouldn't you think about how safe it is to do it? It cannot be safer to drive fast in a different country.
>
>> No - I always make sure I am legal. Some countries need you to have your lights on all day, a first aid kit, warning triangle, hi-vis, spare bulbs, vignettes, snow chains etc. When in Rome.
>
> Are there any countries in Europe where motor vehicles (other than
> veterans from the early twentieth century fitted with demountable
> windscreens), are not required to have working windscreen wipers?
>
> Is it lawful/legal to drive a motor vehicle which does not have
> functioning wipers, do you know?
>
> It sounds awfully like an offence under the Construction and Use
> Regulations, doesn't it? Any idea how many points the offence carries on
> conviction?

Depends on the mood of the pig and how much you bribe him.

--
Peter is listening to "Ministry of Sound - The Sound of Dubstep 4"

Mr Macaw
April 4th 16, 12:41 PM
On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 02:51:27 +0100, Phil W Lee > wrote:

> "Mr Macaw" > considered Sat, 02 Apr 2016 23:58:52 +0100
> the perfect time to write:

>>> I have done 128, but did not record it.
>>
>> Then you must believe that the UK speed limits are wrong.
>
> Which bit of what he wrote even implied that it was on a public
> highway in the UK?

Irrelevant. UK highways are not more dangerous, so if he thinks it's ok to go 100 elsewhere, he must think it's ok to go 100 in the UK.

> For the record, I don't know what the maximum speed I've ever done
> was, although it was certainly on 2 wheels, so at least slightly
> relevant to this group.
> They don't fit speedometers to grand prix motorcycles though, and as
> the gearing is changed to optimise it for each circuit, even the fact
> that I redlined it in top is no guide. With the exit from Sear being
> at around 75-85mph (accelerating hard in 2nd), an all-up weight of
> about 180Kg (I was a skinny runt back then), and over 130bhp available
> for the half-mile Revett straight, I'm guessing nearer 180 than 170mph
> when hitting the brakes for the Esses - or maybe even a bit more than
> that. Like I said though, a guess - the temperature was fine and the
> rev counter pointing at 11,000rpm, and that's all the instruments that
> it had.
> So that was at Snetterton, and the bike was one of the last 24 of the
> Suzuki built square four RG500 (a Mk 9 Grand Prix bike, not one of the
> road-going "Gamma" lookalikes, or one of the so-called Mk 10 bikes
> assembled by Padgetts with a steel frame after Suzuki ceased
> production). The final development of the bike that Barry Sheene won
> a couple of world championships on. It was effectively retired when
> slicks were banned below international level, as it shredded anything
> with a tread in the dry (I think they allow slicks again now in some
> national classes).
> I got the chance just because I used to twirl spanners for a neighbour
> who was a fairly decent racer, and he was good enough to allow me a
> few laps on testing/practice days.
> Going fast in a straight line is easy - the hard bits are getting the
> exact braking point to be able to keep that speed up as close to the
> bend as possible and getting the fastest line through the bends.
> This can be easily established by the fact that despite being able to
> redline in top, my lap time was pants compared to what the same bike
> did in it's owner's hands (although he was kind enough to say it was
> good for a novice - I've no basis for comparison, so just don't know -
> and I doubt if many novices ever got let loose on GP500 motorcycles).
> Yes, I know I'm a lucky sod to have had the chance :)

I'd never get on a motorcycle, I've seen them fall off at Knockhill race track.

--
Just got back from my mate's funeral. He died after being hit on the head with a tennis ball. It was a lovely service.

Mr Macaw
April 4th 16, 10:13 PM
On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 21:24:44 +0100, Phil W Lee > wrote:

> "Mr Macaw" > considered Mon, 04 Apr 2016 12:41:48 +0100
> the perfect time to write:
>
>> On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 02:51:27 +0100, Phil W Lee > wrote:
>>
>>> "Mr Macaw" > considered Sat, 02 Apr 2016 23:58:52 +0100
>>> the perfect time to write:

>>> Which bit of what he wrote even implied that it was on a public
>>> highway in the UK?
>>
>> Irrelevant. UK highways are not more dangerous, so if he thinks it's ok to go 100 elsewhere, he must think it's ok to go 100 in the UK.
>
> Different countries design their roads to different standards, and the
> design speed is part of that.

Nope. Motorways in all countries are pretty similar in terms of how tight the bends are. Anyway, sensible drivers change speed for straights and bends. The limiting factor of motorway speed on straight parts is the abilities of the drivers. This remains constant throughout the world.

Indeed, which is why it's even worse to ride a motorbike on the road, as you don't get a flag coming out to stop all the other motorists when you **** up.

> The biggest problem is adrenaline, which is already running high among
> racers, and which masks injury.
> So unless you are absolutely certain they are ok (for which there are
> simple tests), you can't let them get back on.

That should be their choice and their choice only.

--
The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight, and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home