PDA

View Full Version : Scum throwing water is nabbed by plod

Alycidon
April 9th 16, 10:17 AM
QUOTE:

"A CYCLIST has hit out at the "young cub" who threw water at him from a moving car, warning such behaviour could result in serious injury or worse.

Danny Browne, who is chairman of long-established racing group Lakeland Cycle Club, said he was out riding on Sunday morning on the Enniskillen to Irvinestown road when the car passed and the water was thrown on him. Police have confirmed they have called to and spoken with the motorist involved in the incident.

Speaking to the Herald, Danny said such incidents were sadly not uncommon, and were proving dangerous

"From the response I've got on Facebook, things like this seem to be happening quite often," he said. "I know that a lot of my friends get abused, shouted at and so on. Things like this have certainly happened others before, but they weren't quick enough to get a registration number."

http://fermanaghherald.com/2016/04/latest-example-of-abuse-against-local-cyclists/

jnugent
April 9th 16, 02:18 PM
On 09/04/2016 10:17, Alycidon wrote:

> QUOTE:
> "A CYCLIST has hit out at the "young cub" who threw water at him from a moving car, warning such behaviour could result in serious injury or worse.
> Danny Browne, who is chairman of long-established racing group Lakeland Cycle Club, said he was out riding on Sunday morning on the Enniskillen to Irvinestown road when the car passed and the water was thrown on him. Police have confirmed they have called to and spoken with the motorist involved in the incident.
> Speaking to the Herald, Danny said such incidents were sadly not uncommon, and were proving dangerous
> "From the response I've got on Facebook, things like this seem to be happening quite often," he said. "I know that a lot of my friends get abused, shouted at and so on. Things like this have certainly happened others before, but they weren't quick enough to get a registration number."
> http://fermanaghherald.com/2016/04/latest-example-of-abuse-against-local-cyclists/

Do the Cubs each have to do this in order to get one of the badges they
need?

Lord knows what they'll have to do to get their badges when they
graduate to the Scouts.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 11th 16, 10:45 AM
Alycidon > wrote:

> "A CYCLIST has hit out at the "young cub" who threw water at him from a
> moving car, warning such behaviour could result in serious injury or
> worse.

There is only one defence against someone throwing something at you from a
car. It involves two words with an ampersand between them, and the second
word is 'Wesson'.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

jnugent
April 11th 16, 11:05 AM
On 11/04/2016 10:45, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> Alycidon > wrote:

>> "A CYCLIST has hit out at the "young cub" who threw water at him from a
>> moving car, warning such behaviour could result in serious injury or
>> worse.

> There is only one defence against someone throwing something at you from a
> car. It involves two words with an ampersand between them, and the second
> word is 'Wesson'.

Only lunatics urge citizens to use deadly forceagainstn children playing
harmless pranks.

But then, cyclists' "dignity" is all-important to them.

They actually imagine they have some of it.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 11th 16, 01:25 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 11/04/2016 10:45, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>
>> Alycidon > wrote:
>
>>> "A CYCLIST has hit out at the "young cub" who threw water at him from a
>>> moving car, warning such behaviour could result in serious injury or
>>> worse.
>
>> There is only one defence against someone throwing something at you from a
>> car. It involves two words with an ampersand between them, and the second
>> word is 'Wesson'.

> Only lunatics urge citizens to use deadly forceagainstn children playing
> harmless pranks.

Only a trolling spastic sees 'children' in the incident, when there is no
mention of it in the article.

Of course, even if it were a child, it's still not a 'harmless incident'.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 11th 16, 01:28 PM
On 11/04/2016 13:25, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> JNugent > wrote:

>>> There is only one defence against someone throwing something at you from a
>>> car. It involves two words with an ampersand between them, and the second
>>> word is 'Wesson'.
>
>> Only lunatics urge citizens to use deadly force against children playing
>> harmless pranks.
>
> Only a trolling spastic sees 'children' in the incident, when there is no
> mention of it in the article.

What is a "young cub"?

Perhaps the passenger was a lion, or a bear?

> Of course, even if it were a child, it's still not a 'harmless incident'.

Who knew that you are so frightened of a wash?

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 11th 16, 05:12 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 11/04/2016 13:25, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> Only lunatics urge citizens to use deadly force against children playing
>>> harmless pranks.
>>
>> Only a trolling spastic sees 'children' in the incident, when there is no
>> mention of it in the article.
>
> What is a "young cub"?
>
> Perhaps the passenger was a lion, or a bear?

Well, since the passenger obviously wasn't a lion, or a bear, we can assume
that the term is perhaps dialectal Irish, you thick ****.

>> Of course, even if it were a child, it's still not a 'harmless incident'.
>
> Who knew that you are so frightened of a wash?

Ah, the troll loses another one.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 11th 16, 05:26 PM
On 11/04/2016 17:12, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> JNugent > wrote:

>>> Only a trolling spastic sees 'children' in the incident, when there is no
>>> mention of it in the article.
>
>> What is a "young cub"?
>> Perhaps the passenger was a lion, or a bear?
>
> Well, since the passenger obviously wasn't a lion, or a bear, we can assume
> that the term is perhaps dialectal Irish, you thick ****.

Did you mean idiomatic Irish?

But leaving that aside, "cub" is sometimes used idiomatically by some
Irish speakers of English to mean a "young child" (which is what we all
tho0ught in the first oplace, isn't it?).

So we return to the question: what sort of lunatic urges citizens to use
deadly force against children playing harmless pranks?

Other than Glug, obviously.

>>> Of course, even if it were a child, it's still not a 'harmless incident'.
>
>> Who knew that you are so frightened of a wash?

> Ah, the troll loses another one.

You're the one who is frightened of a wash.

Mr Pounder Esquire
April 11th 16, 06:25 PM
Alycidon wrote:
> QUOTE:
>
> "A CYCLIST has hit out at the "young cub" who threw water at him from
> a moving car, warning such behaviour could result in serious injury
> or worse.
>
> Danny Browne, who is chairman of long-established racing group
> Lakeland Cycle Club, said he was out riding on Sunday morning on the
> Enniskillen to Irvinestown road when the car passed and the water was
> thrown on him. Police have confirmed they have called to and spoken
> with the motorist involved in the incident.
>
> Speaking to the Herald, Danny said such incidents were sadly not
> uncommon, and were proving dangerous
>
> "From the response I've got on Facebook, things like this seem to be
> happening quite often," he said. "I know that a lot of my friends get
> abused, shouted at and so on. Things like this have certainly
> happened others before, but they weren't quick enough to get a
> registration number."
>
> http://fermanaghherald.com/2016/04/latest-example-of-abuse-against-local-cyclists/

I always need to use the washers on my car when driving past road lice.
It's best to start squirting just before you pass the scum.

Rob Morley
April 11th 16, 10:03 PM
On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:45:22 +0100
Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen
> wrote:

> Alycidon > wrote:
>
> > "A CYCLIST has hit out at the "young cub" who threw water at him
> > from a moving car, warning such behaviour could result in serious
> > injury or worse.
>
> There is only one defence against someone throwing something at you
> from a car. It involves two words with an ampersand between them,
> and the second word is 'Wesson'.

That's a funny way to spell Glock.

Peter Keller[_3_]
April 12th 16, 10:10 AM
On 12.04.2016 05:25, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> the scum

It really is great to be labelled scum by the Pounder. We must be doing
something right.

It really is a very great compliment to be called scum by you.
Especially by you.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in your eyes.
After all I ride a ****ing bicycle.
And we all know what you think of ****ing bicyclists.
And because it is you who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 12th 16, 11:46 AM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 11/04/2016 17:12, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> What is a "young cub"? Perhaps the passenger was a lion, or a bear?

>> Well, since the passenger obviously wasn't a lion, or a bear, we can
>> assume that the term is perhaps dialectal Irish, you thick ****.

> Did you mean idiomatic Irish?

No, I meant dialectal Irish.

Keep trying. Eventually, you'll find some subject on which you're more
knowledgeable than I.

> But leaving that aside, "cub" is sometimes used idiomatically by some
> Irish speakers of English to mean a "young child" (which is what we all
> tho0ught in the first oplace, isn't it?).

No, it isn't. I sometimes (often in jest) refer to anyone under 40 as
'young man', because I'm now at an age where people under forty _are_
'young' and appear as such to me. That doesn't mean that their legal
responsibility is absent, and it doesn't mean that they get away with
placing other people in danger of serious injury or death.

> So we return to the question: what sort of lunatic urges citizens to use
> deadly force against children playing harmless pranks?

There is no indication that the criminal was a child, and of course,
throwing water across someone in control of a vehicle is not a 'harmless
prank'.

> Other than Glug, obviously.

Who is 'Glug'?

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

Alycidon
April 12th 16, 12:25 PM
On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:47:24 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
I sometimes (often in jest) refer to anyone under 40 as
> 'young man', because I'm now at an age where people under forty _are_
> 'young' and appear as such to me.

We refer to such people as "young pups", but funnily enough, none of them is a young dog.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 12th 16, 12:32 PM
Alycidon > wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:47:24 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> I sometimes (often in jest) refer to anyone under 40 as
>> 'young man', because I'm now at an age where people under forty _are_
>> 'young' and appear as such to me.

> We refer to such people as "young pups", but funnily enough, none of them
> is a young dog.

I usually just exclaim, '**** _me_, he doesn't look old enough to have
started shaving!'

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 12th 16, 01:11 PM
On 12/04/2016 11:46, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> JNugent > wrote:

>>> Well, since the passenger obviously wasn't a lion, or a bear, we can
>>> assume that the term is perhaps dialectal Irish, you thick ****.
>
>> Did you mean idiomatic Irish?
>
> No, I meant dialectal Irish.

But "cub" is not a dialect word. It's an ordinary English word.

> Keep trying. Eventually, you'll find some subject on which you're more
> knowledgeable than I.

>> But leaving that aside, "cub" is sometimes used idiomatically by some
>> Irish speakers of English to mean a "young child" (which is what we all
>> tho0ught in the first oplace, isn't it?).
>
> No, it isn't.

Oh yes, it is.

No-one except you thought that the "victim" meant the young of a lion,
bear or wolf.

> I sometimes (often in jest) refer to anyone under 40 as
> 'young man', because I'm now at an age where people under forty _are_
> 'young' and appear as such to me. That doesn't mean that their legal
> responsibility is absent, and it doesn't mean that they get away with
> placing other people in danger of serious injury or death.

Societies like ours cut children a lot of slack and quite rightly so -
at least up to and including squirting water (which is harmless to
humans - though perhaps cyclists see themselves as an exception to that).

>> So we return to the question: what sort of lunatic urges citizens to use
>> deadly force against children playing harmless pranks?
>
> There is no indication that the criminal was a child, and of course,
> throwing water across someone in control of a vehicle is not a 'harmless
> prank'.

So you'd use deadly force against a child with a water pistol, so
frightened are you of washing.

What sort of lunatic urges citizens to use deadly force against children
playing harmless pranks?

>> Other than Glug, obviously.

> Who is 'Glug'?

Don't play daft, Glug.

jnugent
April 12th 16, 01:12 PM
On 12/04/2016 12:25, Alycidon wrote:

> On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:47:24 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

>> I sometimes (often in jest) refer to anyone under 40 as
>> 'young man', because I'm now at an age where people under forty _are_
>> 'young' and appear as such to me.

> We refer to such people as "young pups", but funnily enough, none of them is a young dog.

My point *exactly*.

Thank you for reinforcing it for me.

Back in his lair, Glug will be cursing you now.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 12th 16, 09:24 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 12/04/2016 12:25, Alycidon wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 11:47:24 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

>>> I sometimes (often in jest) refer to anyone under 40 as 'young man',
>>> because I'm now at an age where people under forty _are_ 'young' and
>>> appear as such to me.

>> We refer to such people as "young pups", but funnily enough, none of
>> them is a young dog.

> My point *exactly*.

Erm, he disproved your 'point', you idiotic troll.

> Back in his lair, Glug will be cursing you now.

Who's 'Glug'?
--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 13th 16, 12:08 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 12/04/2016 11:46, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> Did you mean idiomatic Irish?

>> No, I meant dialectal Irish.

> But "cub" is not a dialect word. It's an ordinary English word.

You need to look up the meaning of the word 'dialect'. I can heartily
recommend _The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language_ by David Crystal. I
read it cover to cover when I was studying for my first degree, and that
was my first introduction to the concept of _dialect continua_. Of course,
Wikipædia will have to suffice for you, if you don't want to spring for the
book on Amazon. You'll then be able to imply expertise on the subject,
dishonestly misrepresent what I in fact wrote, ask me to justify your
dishonestly modified version of my initial claim, and then pat yourself on
the back because I decline to play along.

Business as usual, in other words.

>> Keep trying. Eventually, you'll find some subject on which you're more
>> knowledgeable than I.

>>> But leaving that aside, "cub" is sometimes used idiomatically by some
>>> Irish speakers of English to mean a "young child" (which is what we all
>>> tho0ught in the first oplace, isn't it?).

>> No, it isn't.

> Oh yes, it is.
>
> No-one except you thought that the "victim" meant the young of a lion,
> bear or wolf.

If you think that I believed that the aggressor was the 'young of a lion,
bear or wolf', then you are even more stupid than even _I_ had given you
credit for, and believe me: that is no mean feat.

>> I sometimes (often in jest) refer to anyone under 40 as 'young man',
>> because I'm now at an age where people under forty _are_ 'young' and
>> appear as such to me. That doesn't mean that their legal
>> responsibility is absent, and it doesn't mean that they get away with
>> placing other people in danger of serious injury or death.

> Societies like ours cut children a lot of slack and quite rightly so - at
> least up to and including squirting water (which is harmless to humans -
> though perhaps cyclists see themselves as an exception to that).

Yes, of course they do. Why, I think that the article I read yesterday or
the day before yesterday on how four people had been convicted of murder
but only one could be identified, must have been fabricated. And I'm sure
that the two teenage girls who murdered Angela Wrightson will be loving
their freedom.

But of course, you carefully inserted the caveat 'up to and including
squirting water', which despite your attempt to portray it as some harmless
prank, could quite easily cause a cyclist to lose control of his bicycle,
fall and be killed. It is an assault, not a 'jolly jape'. It is no less
serious than squirting water through the window of a moving car, at the
driver - something which would also be treated as an assault.

But of course ... it's a cyclist who's the victim, and you prove my point
yet again about 'Jews of the Road'.

>>> So we return to the question: what sort of lunatic urges citizens to
>>> use deadly force against children playing harmless pranks?
>>
>> There is no indication that the criminal was a child, and of course,
>> throwing water across someone in control of a vehicle is not a 'harmless
>> prank'.
>
> So you'd use deadly force against a child with a water pistol, so
> frightened are you of washing.

See above.

> What sort of lunatic urges citizens to use deadly force against children
> playing harmless pranks?

See above.

>>> Other than Glug, obviously.
>
>> Who is 'Glug'?
>
> Don't play daft, Glug.

Oh, I'm Glug?

Well, that's remarkable. Quite proud of myself, really. Knowing that I'd
be trolling uk.rec.cycling, I in fact went back in time to post .. well, I
don't know how many times, in alt.activism.death-penalty,
uk.rec.motorcycles, and various computer-related newsgroups. My archive
file (which only contains about two thirds of my actual posts since I used
GUI-capable newsreaders for a while) contains 806,581 lines. The first
post in that file is in the thread 'Coughlan goes into mourning', and was
made on Saturday 25 February 2006 to the newsgroup
alt.activism.death-penalty. Curiously - and how deliciously ironic! - it
was in response to a poster who thought that I was someone called 'Desmond
Coughlan'. Let's fast forward a bit... care to suggest a line number and
I can tell you what it was? Let me choose, eh?

Line 109,121. Let's see .. that's a header line:

It's part of a post I made on 11 June 2009 - again, to the newsgroup
alt.activism.death-penalty. The thread was 'Re: From Ordering Steak and
Lobster, to Serving It'.

Another one, eh? This is fun.

Line 301,094. That line contains the string ...

'The state cannot possibly know whether a convicted murder will
re-offend'.

Please do feel free to suggest a line number, and I shall be glad to tell
you what it contains.

Amazing, eh? I went back ten years and posted 15,628 times (that's just
an estimate of the number of times the word 'Newsgroups:' appears in the
above file), just so that I could then post as 'Glug' sometime in 2016.

Truly remarkable.

*rofl*

You ****ing dick.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 13th 16, 12:28 PM
On 13/04/2016 12:08, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> JNugent > wrote:

[ ... ]

>> Societies like ours cut children a lot of slack and quite rightly so - at
>> least up to and including squirting water (which is harmless to humans -
>> though perhaps cyclists see themselves as an exception to that).

> Yes, of course they do.

A lot of normal people probably regard cyclists as other than human too.

Peter Keller[_3_]
April 14th 16, 09:57 AM
On 13.04.2016 23:28, JNugent wrote:
> On 13/04/2016 12:08, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>
>> JNugent > wrote:
>
> [ ... ]
>
>>> Societies like ours cut children a lot of slack and quite rightly so
>>> - at
>>> least up to and including squirting water (which is harmless to humans -
>>> though perhaps cyclists see themselves as an exception to that).
>
>> Yes, of course they do.
>
> A lot of normal people probably regard cyclists as other than human too.

I do not mind being not human, as regarded by "normal" people.

jnugent
April 14th 16, 01:44 PM
On 14/04/2016 09:57, Peter Keller wrote:

> On 13.04.2016 23:28, JNugent wrote:
>> On 13/04/2016 12:08, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>>> JNugent > wrote:
>
>> [ ... ]

>>> Yes, of course they do.
>
>> A lot of normal people probably regard cyclists as other than human too.
>
> I do not mind being not human, as regarded by "normal" people.

There are always honourable exceptions, Peter!

Peter Keller[_3_]
April 15th 16, 09:52 AM
On 15.04.2016 00:44, JNugent wrote:
> On 14/04/2016 09:57, Peter Keller wrote:

>>> [ ... ]

>>> A lot of normal people probably regard cyclists as other than human too.
>>
>> I do not mind being not human, as regarded by "normal" people.
>
> There are always honourable exceptions, Peter!

Well thank you Mr Nugent! :)

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home