PDA

View Full Version : Sadly, Mrs Kollarou ...

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 13th 16, 05:17 PM
.... no lessons have been learned.

<https://visionzerolondon.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/sadly-maria-kollarou-no-lessons-have-been-learned/>

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'

jnugent
April 13th 16, 05:32 PM
On 13/04/2016 17:17, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> ... no lessons have been learned.

> <https://visionzerolondon.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/sadly-maria-kollarou-no-lessons-have-been-learned/>

See this picture from that article:

<https://visionzerolondon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/akis_1.png?w=620>

It is accompanied by the written observation:

"He [the cyclist] clearly could not have attempted to pass it [the
lorry] on either side".

But if only that were true of cyclists in such circumstances...

If only...

Of the rest of the text, about half is a reasonably sober reaction to
the incident. It even goes some way to clearly explaining why the trial
went as it did (which is not something that ordinary media reports had
necessarily managed to do).

But some of it - particularly the bit about pre-programming lorries for
whole journeys and making them incapable of being driven off the
pre-planned route - was so fanciful as to seem more like an attempt at
quite inappropriate humour.

Alycidon
April 13th 16, 06:10 PM
On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 17:18:03 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> ... no lessons have been learned.
>
> <https://visionzerolondon.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/sadly-maria-kollarou-no-lessons-have-been-learned/>

If we hanged every driver who did not indicate, 90% of motorists would be dead.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 13th 16, 06:29 PM
Alycidon > wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 April 2016 17:18:03 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

>> ... no lessons have been learned.
>>
>> <https://visionzerolondon.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/sadly-maria-kollarou-no-lessons-have-been-learned/>

> If we hanged every driver who did not indicate, 90% of motorists would be
> dead.

Trying hard to see a problem, here.............

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 14th 16, 10:54 AM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 13/04/2016 17:17, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

>> ... no lessons have been learned.
>
>> <https://visionzerolondon.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/sadly-maria-kollarou-no-lessons-have-been-learned/>

> See this picture from that article:
>
> <https://visionzerolondon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/akis_1.png?w=620>
>
> It is accompanied by the written observation:
>
> "He [the cyclist] clearly could not have attempted to pass it [the lorry]
> on either side".
>
> But if only that were true of cyclists in such circumstances...
>
> If only...

There is a space of about 10 inches to the left of that vehicle.

Assuming an ordinary person is about 18 inches across the shoulders (that's
just an estimate, but as my wife keeps telling me, 'this isn't six
inches'.. ho, ho, ho ... thought I'd get it in before you did), no one
could cycle up that space. The most one could do is to tilt the bike to
the left, place one's left foot on the kerb and push oneself along.

In short - grow the **** up, it is as the blogger stated ...

> "He [the cyclist] clearly could not have attempted to pass it [the lorry]
> on either side".

Of course, even if he did, that does not absolve the driver of his
responsibility. The onus on not killing someone is not on the person who
gets killed. Only in the sphere of transportation is this criterion
applied.

'Oh, I fired the gun a split second before he threw himself in front of the
barrel, m'lud! It's _his_ fault!'

Wrong.

'So, I was swinging the baseball bat around good style, like, and suddenly,
I dunno, he was just .. he was just _there_! There was nothin' I could
do, I _swear_!'

Wrong.

Yet when it comes to our culture's love affair with the motor car, and our
servile genuflection before the altar of 'progress', we tell ourselves that
the occupants of a motorized vehicle must not be hindered in any way, and
that if they are, it can never be the fault of the operator of that
vehicle.

Because, after all, 'everyone drives'.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 14th 16, 01:43 PM
On 14/04/2016 10:54, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> JNugent > wrote:
>> On 13/04/2016 17:17, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>
>>> ... no lessons have been learned.
>>
>>> <https://visionzerolondon.wordpress.com/2016/04/12/sadly-maria-kollarou-no-lessons-have-been-learned/>
>
>> See this picture from that article:
>>
>> <https://visionzerolondon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/akis_1.png?w=620>
>>
>> It is accompanied by the written observation:
>>
>> "He [the cyclist] clearly could not have attempted to pass it [the lorry]
>> on either side".
>>
>> But if only that were true of cyclists in such circumstances...
>>
>> If only...
>
> There is a space of about 10 inches to the left of that vehicle.

And the rest.

You are forgetting (for some reason) the widths of the footways.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 14th 16, 02:54 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 14/04/2016 10:54, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> See this picture from that article:
>>>
>>> <https://visionzerolondon.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/akis_1.png?w=620>
>>>
>>> It is accompanied by the written observation:
>>>
>>> "He [the cyclist] clearly could not have attempted to pass it [the lorry]
>>> on either side".
>>>
>>> But if only that were true of cyclists in such circumstances...
>>>
>>> If only...
>>
>> There is a space of about 10 inches to the left of that vehicle.
>
> And the rest.
>
> You are forgetting (for some reason) the widths of the footways.

Cyclists rarely ride on the footways, when compared to psychopaths.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 14th 16, 03:11 PM
On 14/04/2016 14:54, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> JNugent > wrote:

>>> There is a space of about 10 inches to the left of that vehicle.
>>
>> And the rest.
>>
>> You are forgetting (for some reason) the widths of the footways.
>
> Cyclists rarely ride on the footways

Ooh... you are blackening your soul with every deliberate fib like that.

> when compared to psychopaths.

....whatever that's supposed to mean (not that it matters).

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 14th 16, 03:46 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 14/04/2016 14:54, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> And the rest.
>>>
>>> You are forgetting (for some reason) the widths of the footways.
>>
>> Cyclists rarely ride on the footways
>
> Ooh... you are blackening your soul with every deliberate fib like that.

Except it's not a 'fib'. It's the massive elephant in the room where all
the psychopaths are gathered. It has been conclusively demonstrated...

1. that proportionally, more psychopaths commit moving traffic offences,
than do cyclists. This is true across the entire range of offences
applicable to both classes of vehicle.

2. that when they do commit these offences, psychopaths kill and seriously
injure other persons at a rate 38,000 greater than do cyclists.

Whether you like it or not, the villain of the piece is the psychopath. I
rammed this particular point up your pal's arsehole last October in the
thread 'Re: Police hunt yet another road rage cyclist'. Predictably, for
someone who still points and giggles open-mouthed whenever a passenger
aircraft flies overhead, he was incapable of understanding it.

You can whine and stamp your foot and threaten to scweam and scweam. But
it doesn't change facts.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

Alycidon
April 14th 16, 04:06 PM
On Thursday, 14 April 2016 15:48:03 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> 1. that proportionally, more psychopaths commit moving traffic offences,
> than do cyclists. This is true across the entire range of offences
> applicable to both classes of vehicle.

AND that is with this very generous concession to their blatant mass law breaking.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgAwRIAWsAII44m.jpg:large

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 14th 16, 04:11 PM
Alycidon > wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 April 2016 15:48:03 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

>> 1. that proportionally, more psychopaths commit moving traffic
>> offences, than do cyclists. This is true across the entire range of
>> offences applicable to both classes of vehicle.

> AND that is with this very generous concession to their blatant mass law
> breaking.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgAwRIAWsAII44m.jpg:large

Well, that's only fair, don't you think? I mean, those sneaky government
people, making cameras grey, so that psychopaths don't even know where they
can break the law with impunity.

It's a bit like Asda and Tesco. I'm sure that they're painting all of
their in-store cameras bright yellow, so that shoplifters know in which
aisles they can steal, without worrying about being caught.

Give thieves (and psychopaths) a sporting chance, for heaven's sake!

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 14th 16, 04:43 PM
On 14/04/2016 15:46, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> JNugent > wrote:

>>> Cyclists rarely ride on the footways
>>
>> Ooh... you are blackening your soul with every deliberate fib like that.
>
> Except it's not a 'fib'. It's the massive elephant in the room where all
> the psychopaths are gathered. It has been conclusively demonstrated...
>
> 1. that proportionally, more psychopaths commit moving traffic offences,
> than do cyclists. This is true across the entire range of offences
> applicable to both classes of vehicle.
>
> 2. that when they do commit these offences, psychopaths kill and seriously
> injure other persons at a rate 38,000 greater than do cyclists.
>
> Whether you like it or not, the villain of the piece is the psychopath. I
> rammed this particular point up your pal's arsehole last October in the
> thread 'Re: Police hunt yet another road rage cyclist'. Predictably, for
> someone who still points and giggles open-mouthed whenever a passenger
> aircraft flies overhead, he was incapable of understanding it.
>
> You can whine and stamp your foot and threaten to scweam and scweam. But
> it doesn't change facts.

"Cyclists rarely ride on the footways" is a damnable lie.

And not only do you know that, but everyone with a pair of functioning
eyes knows it.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 14th 16, 04:46 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 14/04/2016 15:46, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> Ooh... you are blackening your soul with every deliberate fib like that.
>>
>> Except it's not a 'fib'. It's the massive elephant in the room where all
>> the psychopaths are gathered. It has been conclusively demonstrated...
>>
>> 1. that proportionally, more psychopaths commit moving traffic offences,
>> than do cyclists. This is true across the entire range of offences
>> applicable to both classes of vehicle.
>>
>> 2. that when they do commit these offences, psychopaths kill and seriously
>> injure other persons at a rate 38,000 greater than do cyclists.
>>
>> Whether you like it or not, the villain of the piece is the psychopath. I
>> rammed this particular point up your pal's arsehole last October in the
>> thread 'Re: Police hunt yet another road rage cyclist'. Predictably, for
>> someone who still points and giggles open-mouthed whenever a passenger
>> aircraft flies overhead, he was incapable of understanding it.
>>
>> You can whine and stamp your foot and threaten to scweam and scweam. But
>> it doesn't change facts.
>
> "Cyclists rarely ride on the footways" is a damnable lie.
>
> And not only do you know that, but everyone with a pair of functioning
> eyes knows it.

It's called confirmation bias.

And you're an idiot.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 14th 16, 04:51 PM
On 14/04/2016 16:46, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> JNugent > wrote:

>>> Except it's not a 'fib'. It's the massive elephant in the room where all
>>> the psychopaths are gathered. It has been conclusively demonstrated...
>>>
>>> 1. that proportionally, more psychopaths commit moving traffic offences,
>>> than do cyclists. This is true across the entire range of offences
>>> applicable to both classes of vehicle.
>>>
>>> 2. that when they do commit these offences, psychopaths kill and seriously
>>> injure other persons at a rate 38,000 greater than do cyclists.
>>>
>>> Whether you like it or not, the villain of the piece is the psychopath. I
>>> rammed this particular point up your pal's arsehole last October in the
>>> thread 'Re: Police hunt yet another road rage cyclist'. Predictably, for
>>> someone who still points and giggles open-mouthed whenever a passenger
>>> aircraft flies overhead, he was incapable of understanding it.
>>>
>>> You can whine and stamp your foot and threaten to scweam and scweam. But
>>> it doesn't change facts.
>>
>> "Cyclists rarely ride on the footways" is a damnable lie.
>>
>> And not only do you know that, but everyone with a pair of functioning
>> eyes knows it.

> It's called confirmation bias.
> And you're an idiot.

"Cyclists rarely ride on the footways".

Are you managing to fool yourself?

It's not working on anyone else.

Alycidon
April 14th 16, 05:57 PM
On Thursday, 14 April 2016 16:12:04 UTC+1, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:

> > AND that is with this very generous concession to their blatant mass law
> > breaking.
> >
> > https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgAwRIAWsAII44m.jpg:large
>
> Well, that's only fair, don't you think? I mean, those sneaky government
> people, making cameras grey, so that psychopaths don't even know where they
> can break the law with impunity.
>
> It's a bit like Asda and Tesco. I'm sure that they're painting all of
> their in-store cameras bright yellow, so that shoplifters know in which
> aisles they can steal, without worrying about being caught.

Indeed - the cameras are bright yellow, there are warning signs, they're on Satnavs, in the press and on the radio, you get the leeway shown above and STILL it's so unfair when they get caught.

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 15th 16, 08:31 AM
Phil W Lee > wrote:
> Alycidon > considered Thu, 14 Apr 2016 09:57:49
> -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

>>> Well, that's only fair, don't you think? I mean, those sneaky government
>>> people, making cameras grey, so that psychopaths don't even know where they
>>> can break the law with impunity.
>>>
>>> It's a bit like Asda and Tesco. I'm sure that they're painting all of
>>> their in-store cameras bright yellow, so that shoplifters know in which
>>> aisles they can steal, without worrying about being caught.
>>>

>>Indeed - the cameras are bright yellow, there are warning signs, they're on Satnavs, in the press and on the radio, you get the leeway shown above and STILL it's so unfair when they get caught.
>
> It is for exactly that reason that I believe that anyone caught
> speeding by a camera should be done for careless driving as well as
> speeding. If you can't see a ****ing great big yellow box on a pole
> in full view of the road, even when warning signs have been posted,
> you are certainly at least careless, beyond reasonable doubt.

That will never happen. Remember - 'everyone drives'!
--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 15th 16, 02:59 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 14/04/2016 16:46, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> "Cyclists rarely ride on the footways" is a damnable lie.
>>>
>>> And not only do you know that, but everyone with a pair of functioning
>>> eyes knows it.
>
>> It's called confirmation bias.
>> And you're an idiot.
>
> "Cyclists rarely ride on the footways".
>
> Are you managing to fool yourself?
>
> It's not working on anyone else.

You're an idiot.

I'm tempted to say 'think!', but you've shown yourself incapable of
anything that doesn't involve your Pavlovian hatred of cyclists.

If even a tenth of cyclists in London rode on the footway, life would be
unbearable for pedestrians. I was in London last year, and in the two or
three days there, probably saw about ten cyclists on the pavements.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

jnugent
April 15th 16, 03:30 PM
On 15/04/2016 14:59, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
> JNugent > wrote:

>>> It's called confirmation bias.
>>> And you're an idiot.
>>
>> "Cyclists rarely ride on the footways".
>>
>> Are you managing to fool yourself?
>>
>> It's not working on anyone else.
>
> You're an idiot.
>
> I'm tempted to say 'think!', but you've shown yourself incapable of
> anything that doesn't involve your Pavlovian hatred of cyclists.
>
> If even a tenth of cyclists in London rode on the footway, life would be
> unbearable for pedestrians. I was in London last year, and in the two or
> three days there, probably saw about ten cyclists on the pavements.

So you aren't even fooling yourself.

If you cannot manage that, you're not likely to fool anyone else, are you?

Anthony 'Piss_Taker' Janssen
April 15th 16, 03:34 PM
JNugent > wrote:
> On 15/04/2016 14:59, Anthony '****_Taker' Janssen wrote:
>> JNugent > wrote:

>>> "Cyclists rarely ride on the footways".
>>>
>>> Are you managing to fool yourself?
>>>
>>> It's not working on anyone else.
>>
>> You're an idiot.
>>
>> I'm tempted to say 'think!', but you've shown yourself incapable of
>> anything that doesn't involve your Pavlovian hatred of cyclists.
>>
>> If even a tenth of cyclists in London rode on the footway, life would be
>> unbearable for pedestrians. I was in London last year, and in the two or
>> three days there, probably saw about ten cyclists on the pavements.
>
> So you aren't even fooling yourself.
>
> If you cannot manage that, you're not likely to fool anyone else, are you?

Like I said...

'I'm tempted to say "think", but you've shown yourself incapable of
anything that doesn't involve your Pavlovian hatred of cyclists'.

Thanks for proving me right.

Want to do so again?
--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
(Greg LeMond (1961 - ))

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home