PDA

View Full Version : 'Cyclists are more intelligent, charitable and cool than the averageperson' says study

Alycidon
April 15th 16, 06:15 PM
QUOTE:
"A new survey has revealed our love for Lycra-clad cyclists, after a study suggested people perceive them as more intelligent and charitable than the average person.

In a psychological study conducted by scientists at Mindlab, an implicit association test examined people's subconscious attitudes towards different sports and found people think cyclists have a unique blend of intelligence, generosity and the "cool factor".

The research, commissioned by the British Heart Foundation to mark their 39th London to Brighton Bike Ride, found cyclists are considered to be 13 per cent more intelligent and 'cooler' and ten per cent more charitable than other people."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/cyclists-are-more-intelligent-charitable-and-cool-than-the-average-person-says-study-9051434.html

Peter Parry
April 15th 16, 10:35 PM
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
> wrote:

>The research, commissioned

i.e. paid for

>by the British Heart Foundation to mark their 39th London to Brighton Bike Ride, found cyclists are considered to be 13 per cent more intelligent and 'cooler' and ten per cent more charitable than other people."

Do you really think a "survey" carried out amongst a dozen pushbike
riders and paid for by the organisers of a push bike ride is going to
say they are arrogant selfish and smelly?

Alycidon
April 16th 16, 06:14 AM
On Friday, 15 April 2016 22:35:29 UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
> > wrote:
>

> >The research, commissioned
>
> i.e. paid for
>
> >by the British Heart Foundation to mark their 39th London to Brighton Bike Ride, found cyclists are considered to be 13 per cent more intelligent and 'cooler' and ten per cent more charitable than other people."
>
> Do you really think a "survey" carried out amongst a dozen pushbike
> riders and paid for by the organisers of a push bike ride is going to
> say they are arrogant selfish and smelly?

I think you are mixing them up with obese coach drivers with bad combovers and halitosis.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3203765/Bus-driver-caught-camera-flicking-aggressive-double-handed-v-signs-cyclist-road-rage-clash.html

jnugent
April 16th 16, 11:59 AM
On 16/04/2016 06:14, Alycidon wrote:

> On Friday, 15 April 2016 22:35:29 UTC+1, Peter Parry wrote:
>> Alycidon > wrote:
>
>>> The research, commissioned
>
>> i.e. paid for
>
>>> by the British Heart Foundation to mark their 39th London to Brighton Bike Ride, found cyclists are considered to be 13 per cent more intelligent and 'cooler' and ten per cent more charitable than other people."
>
>> Do you really think a "survey" carried out amongst a dozen pushbike
>> riders and paid for by the organisers of a push bike ride is going to
>> say they are arrogant selfish and smelly?
>
> I think you are mixing them up with obese coach drivers with bad combovers and halitosis.
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3203765/Bus-driver-caught-camera-flicking-aggressive-double-handed-v-signs-cyclist-road-rage-clash.html

What?

Your "obese coach drivers with bad combovers and halitosis" are the ones
who voted cyclists "13 per cent more intelligent and 'cooler' and ten
per cent more charitable than other people"?

Be serious...

Judith[_4_]
April 17th 16, 05:33 PM
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon > wrote:

>QUOTE:
>"A new survey has revealed our love for Lycra-clad cyclists, after a study suggested people perceive them as more intelligent and charitable than the average person.
>
>In a psychological study conducted by scientists at Mindlab, an implicit association test examined people's subconscious attitudes towards different sports and found people think cyclists have a unique blend of intelligence, generosity and the "cool factor".
>
>The research, commissioned by the British Heart Foundation to mark their 39th London to Brighton Bike Ride, found cyclists are considered to be 13 per cent more intelligent and 'cooler' and ten per cent more charitable than other people."
>
>http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/cyclists-are-more-intelligent-charitable-and-cool-than-the-average-person-says-study-9051434.html

Mindlab are of course a marketing company: most surprising that they came up
with the results which the BHF paid them for.

2,000 people can easily give the "right result" - if you select them carefully
of course.

Still the article is only two years old - so perhaps things have changed.

The BHF must pay them every year:

10 January 2014 : Cool and intelligent? Must be a cyclist

1 April 2015 : Cyclists are more likely to be emotionally stab

It is pure ****e - however, this year's is more near the truth:

March 2016 : Most other road users think that cyclists are road-lice

Peter Keller[_3_]
April 18th 16, 10:17 AM
On 18.04.2016 04:33, Judith wrote:
> cyclists are road-lice

It really is a great compliment to be labelled a road louse by the hagfish.
Especially by the hagfish Judith.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in your eyes.
After all I ride a ****ing bicycle.
And we all know what you think of ****ing bicyclists.
And because it is you who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home