PDA

View Full Version : Sadiq Khan pledges to triple London cycle infrastructure

MrCheerful
April 25th 16, 03:34 PM
On 25/04/2016 17:15, Alycidon wrote:
> QUOTE:
> "Sadiq Khan, the Labour Party's candidate for Mayor of London, has today pledged to triple cycling infrastructure in the capital, as well as giving each of London's 32 boroughs the chance of its own Mini Holland and reducing numbers of lethal HGVs on the roads.
>
> By agreeing to the London Cycling Campaign's Sign for Cycling three point agenda, Khan become the first of the front runners to commit to do so, should he be elected in the May 5 Mayoral elections.
>
> Khan says he is "proud" to support the campaign, after candidates of the Green and Lib Dem parties signed up to the LCC campaign in recent weeks. Last week the Green Party's Mayoral hopeful, Sian Berry, committed she would spend £1.5bn on cycling over her first term, if elected.
>
> Next mayor must triple bike infrastructure, say campaigners
>
> In a statement, Khan said: "I'm proud to support LCC's Sign for Cycling campaign, and will work towards achieving the campaign's goals as part of my plans to make London a byword for cycling.
>
> "In my Manifesto for all Londoners, I set out my intention to continue the Cycle Superhighway programme, with a focus on segregated provision. I will keep us on course to triple the extent of current provision and I'll look at what's working best from the existing schemes and make sure we deliver the best, safest road cycling network possible."
>
> http://road.cc/content/news/187553-sadiq-khan-pledges-triple-london-cycle-infrastructure

The Mayoral candidate (Goldsmith) told LBC's Nick Ferrari that if the
new cycle infrastructure is judged to be not working then he would see
it removed. What a sensible candidate.

Read more at
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/zac-goldsmith-ill-rip-up-londons-cycle-superhighways-if-they-dont-work-211121#zUAtDphEqTR5RIUl.99

Alycidon
April 25th 16, 04:15 PM
[...]

April 25th 16, 04:48 PM
On Monday, 25 April 2016 16:16:00 UTC+1, Alycidon wrote:
> QUOTE:
"Last week Green candidate, Sian Berry, pledged to spend 15 per cent of the transport budget on cycling and walking over her first term, if elected - amounting to £1.5bn over four years.

This, she said would be paid for by cancelling road building projects including the Silvertown Tunnel, as well as introducing smart congestion charging, a "more effective Low EmissionsZone" and a workplace parking levy."

- See more at: http://road.cc/content/news/187553-sadiq-khan-pledges-triple-london-cycle-infrastructure#sthash.LedHAumy.dpuf

Nick[_4_]
April 25th 16, 06:45 PM
On 25/04/2016 15:34, MrCheerful wrote:

> The Mayoral candidate (Goldsmith) told LBC's Nick Ferrari that if the
> new cycle infrastructure is judged to be not working then he would see
> it removed. What a sensible candidate.
>
> Read more at
> http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/zac-goldsmith-ill-rip-up-londons-cycle-superhighways-if-they-dont-work-211121#zUAtDphEqTR5RIUl.99

Cool. Cheerful is actively try to get Sidiq more votes.

I presume there is something more important that you like about Sidiq or
dislike about Goldsmith that is outweighing your normal aversion to
cyclists.

Peter Parry
April 25th 16, 06:45 PM
On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 08:48:45 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
> wrote:

>"Last week Green candidate, Sian Berry, pledged to spend 15 per cent of the transport budget on cycling and walking over her first term, if elected - amounting to £1.5bn over four years. ..."

She can promise to spend £Bn2000 and install overhead cycle ways
without making a bit of difference as she has zero chance of getting
elected.

MrCheerful
April 25th 16, 07:08 PM
On 25/04/2016 19:45, Nick wrote:
> On 25/04/2016 15:34, MrCheerful wrote:
>
>> The Mayoral candidate (Goldsmith) told LBC's Nick Ferrari that if the
>> new cycle infrastructure is judged to be not working then he would see
>> it removed. What a sensible candidate.
>>
>> Read more at
>> http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/zac-goldsmith-ill-rip-up-londons-cycle-superhighways-if-they-dont-work-211121#zUAtDphEqTR5RIUl.99
>>

> Cool. Cheerful is actively try to get Sidiq more votes.
>
> I presume there is something more important that you like about Sidiq or
> dislike about Goldsmith that is outweighing your normal aversion to
> cyclists.

I expect that more voters will hope for removal of cycle lanes than for
the alternative.

It is very sad when the top two possibilities for London Mayor are a Yid
and a Paki.

Mr Pounder Esquire
April 25th 16, 08:21 PM
MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/04/2016 19:45, Nick wrote:
>> On 25/04/2016 15:34, MrCheerful wrote:
>>
>>> The Mayoral candidate (Goldsmith) told LBC's Nick Ferrari that if
>>> the new cycle infrastructure is judged to be not working then he
>>> would see it removed. What a sensible candidate.
>>>
>>> Read more at
>>> http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/zac-goldsmith-ill-rip-up-londons-cycle-superhighways-if-they-dont-work-211121#zUAtDphEqTR5RIUl.99
>>>

>> Cool. Cheerful is actively try to get Sidiq more votes.
>>
>> I presume there is something more important that you like about
>> Sidiq or dislike about Goldsmith that is outweighing your normal
>> aversion to cyclists.
>>

> I expect that more voters will hope for removal of cycle lanes than
> for the alternative.
>
> It is very sad when the top two possibilities for London Mayor are a
> Yid and a Paki.

Less than 50% of Londoners are white British born.
They have won, we did not even fight back.

MrCheerful
April 25th 16, 08:25 PM
On 25/04/2016 22:05, Nick wrote:
> On 25/04/2016 19:08, MrCheerful wrote:

>>> Cool. Cheerful is actively try to get Sidiq more votes.
>>>
>>> I presume there is something more important that you like about Sidiq or
>>> dislike about Goldsmith that is outweighing your normal aversion to
>>> cyclists.
>>>

>> I expect that more voters will hope for removal of cycle lanes than for
>> the alternative.
>>

> But in this group. I imagine you have encouraged me, at least, to vote
> for Sidiq.
>
> If you were posting in a cab driver group it may be otherwise.
>
>> It is very sad when the top two possibilities for London Mayor are a Yid
>> and a Paki.
>
> Do you feel a song coming on?

The chances of more than a Norfolk handful of London cyclists that can
vote reading my post are so low that it will really make no difference.
The candidates have probably already bought all the votes that matter.

Nick[_4_]
April 25th 16, 09:05 PM
On 25/04/2016 19:08, MrCheerful wrote:
> On 25/04/2016 19:45, Nick wrote:
>> On 25/04/2016 15:34, MrCheerful wrote:
>>
>>> The Mayoral candidate (Goldsmith) told LBC's Nick Ferrari that if the
>>> new cycle infrastructure is judged to be not working then he would see
>>> it removed. What a sensible candidate.
>>>
>>> Read more at
>>> http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/zac-goldsmith-ill-rip-up-londons-cycle-superhighways-if-they-dont-work-211121#zUAtDphEqTR5RIUl.99
>>>

>> Cool. Cheerful is actively try to get Sidiq more votes.
>>
>> I presume there is something more important that you like about Sidiq or
>> dislike about Goldsmith that is outweighing your normal aversion to
>> cyclists.
>>

> I expect that more voters will hope for removal of cycle lanes than for
> the alternative.

But in this group. I imagine you have encouraged me, at least, to vote
for Sidiq.

If you were posting in a cab driver group it may be otherwise.

> It is very sad when the top two possibilities for London Mayor are a Yid
> and a Paki.

Do you feel a song coming on?

Nick[_4_]
April 25th 16, 09:06 PM
On 25/04/2016 20:21, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> MrCheerful wrote:

>>> Cool. Cheerful is actively try to get Sidiq more votes.
>>>
>>> I presume there is something more important that you like about
>>> Sidiq or dislike about Goldsmith that is outweighing your normal
>>> aversion to cyclists.
>>>

>> I expect that more voters will hope for removal of cycle lanes than
>> for the alternative.
>>
>> It is very sad when the top two possibilities for London Mayor are a
>> Yid and a Paki.
>
> Less than 50% of Londoners are white British born.
> They have won, we did not even fight back.

Are you a Londoner?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home