PDA

View Full Version : Re: Biking Towns

Don Wiss
July 30th 03, 12:45 AM
On 29 Jul 2003 13:28:59 -0700, (Steven) wrote:

>Ok, I think I know the big cycling towns in the states what are they
>in Europe?

Every town in The Netherlands. And the countryside in between.

Don <donwiss at panix.com>.

Paul Southworth
July 30th 03, 06:00 AM
In article >,
Steven > wrote:
>Ok, I think I know the big cycling towns in the states what are they
>in Europe? I would like people's input mostly about Europe, but the
>states might be interesting too
>
>US:
>
>Boulder
>San Diego
>Santa Barbara

Eugene
Santa Cruz

(and most small towns I've lived in, say 25,000 people or less)

--Paul

David Reuteler
July 30th 03, 07:45 PM
Zoot Katz > wrote:
: ... Minneapolis ... are next with over 1.5%.
:
: Compare to these cities:
: Copenhagen, Denmark 34%

hey come on, give us some credit here: minneapolis is colder than ****
6 months of the year. i've always been very proud of that statistic!
you should try getting out of the rain and trying some ice biking, zoot.
it's actually pretty fun. improves your bike handling.
--
david reuteler

Zoot Katz
July 30th 03, 08:27 PM
30 Jul 2003 18:45:38 GMT,
>, David Reuteler
> wrote:

>Zoot Katz > wrote:
>: ... Minneapolis ... are next with over 1.5%.
>:
>: Compare to these cities:
>: Copenhagen, Denmark 34%
>
>hey come on, give us some credit here: minneapolis is colder than ****
>6 months of the year. i've always been very proud of that statistic!
>you should try getting out of the rain and trying some ice biking, zoot.
>it's actually pretty fun. improves your bike handling.

I was impressed by Minneapolis' figures when it's compared to other US
cities with more cycling friendly climates. It means somebody there is
doing something right.

I was robbed this year. We didn't get any snow. Two years ago we had
some and I was out in it. There's a studded front all set to roll if
it should snow enough to warrant putting it on.
--
zk

Actually34
July 31st 03, 02:10 PM
Towns -- especially smaller to medium sized towns -- that have large
universities located in them tend to be good bicycling areas.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home