PDA

View Full Version : Cyclist hurt as driver flees Slinfold crash scene

Simon Mason[_6_]
February 11th 20, 11:37 AM
QUOTE:

Police say the 36-year-old cyclist was treated in hospital for his injuries after the crash in Stane Street at around 1.45pm on Saturday (February 8).

A spokesman said: “Officers arrived and found the car had failed to stop at the scene.”

He added: “Police traced the car through ANPR and the part number of a wing (sic) mirror cover left at the scene of the crash.

“At 5.35pm that same day, a 65-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol and failing to stop after a road traffic collision.

“He has been released under investigation.”

PC Ben Henwood of the West Sussex Roads Policing Unit added: “We want any witnesses to this collision to come forward and assist with our enquiries.

“If you have any dash-cam footage or any information regarding this incident please get in touch by reporting online or calling 101, quoting serial 686 of 08/02.

https://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/crime/cyclist-hurt-driver-flees-slinfold-crash-scene-1422128

jnugent
February 11th 20, 12:14 PM
On 11/02/2020 11:37, Simon Mason wrote:

> QUOTE:
>
> Police say the 36-year-old cyclist was treated in hospital for his injuries after the crash in Stane Street at around 1.45pm on Saturday (February 8).
> A spokesman said: “Officers arrived and found the car had failed to stop at the scene.”
> He added: “Police traced the car through ANPR and the part number of a wing (sic) mirror cover left at the scene of the crash.
> “At 5.35pm that same day, a 65-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol and failing to stop after a road traffic collision.
> “He has been released under investigation.”
> PC Ben Henwood of the West Sussex Roads Policing Unit added: “We want any witnesses to this collision to come forward and assist with our enquiries.
> “If you have any dash-cam footage or any information regarding this incident please get in touch by reporting online or calling 101, quoting serial 686 of 08/02.

> https://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news/crime/cyclist-hurt-driver-flees-slinfold-crash-scene-1422128

After all this time, you'd think that driving under the influence of
alcohol and failing to stop after a traffic accident would have been
made illegal, wouldn't you?

Mind you, the duty to stop is not totally absolute. There is the option
of reporting to a police station asap, though that might not be the best
tactic if over the alcohol limit.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home