PDA

View Full Version : A11 Attleborough 'flying van' driver banned for a year

Bod[_5_]
February 22nd 20, 03:09 PM
A teenager who drove a van over a roundabout, catapulting it into the
air, has been banned from driving.

Ryan Lamb, 18, was heading to Sundown Festival, near Norwich, last
September when he crashed on the "Stag" roundabout on the A11 at
Attleborough, Norfolk.

Lamb, who was 17 at the time, denied driving a motor vehicle
dangerously, but was found guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court.

The defendant, of Willow Park, Beck Row, Suffolk, was disqualified from
driving for 12 months, ordered to retake his test and pay £310, plus an
£85 victim surcharge.

Three people were hurt in the crash but none had life-threatening
injuries, Norfolk Police said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-49206600/a11-attleborough-flying-van-driver-banned-for-a-year
--
Bod

jnugent
February 22nd 20, 03:27 PM
On 22/02/2020 15:09, Bod wrote:

> A teenager who drove a van over a roundabout, catapulting it into the
> air, has been banned from driving.
>
> Ryan Lamb, 18, was heading to Sundown Festival, near Norwich, last
> September when he crashed on the "Stag" roundabout on the A11 at
> Attleborough, Norfolk.
>
> Lamb, who was 17 at the time, denied driving a motor vehicle
> dangerously, but was found guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court.
>
> The defendant, of Willow Park, Beck Row, Suffolk, was disqualified from
> driving for 12 months, ordered to retake his test and pay £310, plus an
> £85 victim surcharge.
>
> Three people were hurt in the crash but none had life-threatening
> injuries, Norfolk Police said.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-49206600/a11-attleborough-flying-van-driver-banned-for-a-year

What did the cyclist do?

MrCheerful
February 22nd 20, 03:53 PM
On 22/02/2020 15:27, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/02/2020 15:09, Bod wrote:
>
>> A teenager who drove a van over a roundabout, catapulting it into the
>> air, has been banned from driving.
>>
>> Ryan Lamb, 18, was heading to Sundown Festival, near Norwich, last
>> September when he crashed on the "Stag" roundabout on the A11 at
>> Attleborough, Norfolk.
>>
>> Lamb, who was 17 at the time, denied driving a motor vehicle
>> dangerously, but was found guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court.
>>
>> The defendant, of Willow Park, Beck Row, Suffolk, was disqualified
>> from driving for 12 months, ordered to retake his test and pay £310,
>> plus an £85 victim surcharge.
>>
>> Three people were hurt in the crash but none had life-threatening
>> injuries, Norfolk Police said.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-49206600/a11-attleborough-flying-van-driver-banned-for-a-year
>

> What did the cyclist do?

why would an old OT story be brought up now?

Simon Mason[_6_]
February 22nd 20, 05:25 PM
On Saturday, February 22, 2020 at 3:09:20 PM UTC, Bod wrote:
> A teenager who drove a van over a roundabout, catapulting it into the
> air, has been banned from driving.
>
> Ryan Lamb, 18, was heading to Sundown Festival, near Norwich, last
> September when he crashed on the "Stag" roundabout on the A11 at
> Attleborough, Norfolk.
>
> Lamb, who was 17 at the time, denied driving a motor vehicle
> dangerously, but was found guilty at Norwich Magistrates' Court.
>
> The defendant, of Willow Park, Beck Row, Suffolk, was disqualified from
> driving for 12 months, ordered to retake his test and pay £310, plus an
> £85 victim surcharge.
>
> Three people were hurt in the crash but none had life-threatening
> injuries, Norfolk Police said.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-49206600/a11-attleborough-flying-van-driver-banned-for-a-year
> --
> Bod

There's a lot of these flying cars about with this wind.

"a car was left with a full tree stump engraved into the vehicle's grill"

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/driver-injured-crash-tree-stump-3871490

TMS320
February 22nd 20, 05:49 PM
On 22/02/2020 15:27, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/02/2020 15:09, Bod wrote:

>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-49206600/a11-attleborough-flying-van-driver-banned-for-a-year
>
> What did the cyclist do?

Perhaps the article ommitted to mention that a cyclist was driving a
motor vehicle.

jnugent
February 22nd 20, 11:09 PM
On 22/02/2020 17:49, TMS320 wrote:

> On 22/02/2020 15:27, JNugent wrote:
>> On 22/02/2020 15:09, Bod wrote:

>>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-49206600/a11-attleborough-flying-van-driver-banned-for-a-year

>> What did the cyclist do?

> Perhaps the article ommitted to mention that a cyclist was driving a
> motor vehicle.

Perhaps.

That's partly why I asked.

TMS320
February 22nd 20, 11:47 PM
On 22/02/2020 23:09, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/02/2020 17:49, TMS320 wrote:

>>> What did the cyclist do?
>
>> Perhaps the article ommitted to mention that a cyclist was driving a
>> motor vehicle.
>
> Perhaps.
>
> That's partly why I asked.

Yes, it is a strange one, given how frequently we are told that someone
not cycling during an event of interest is a cyclist.

jnugent
February 22nd 20, 11:52 PM
On 22/02/2020 23:47, TMS320 wrote:

> On 22/02/2020 23:09, JNugent wrote:

>>> Perhaps the article ommitted to mention that a cyclist was driving a
>>> motor vehicle.
>>
>> Perhaps.
>>
>> That's partly why I asked.
>
> Yes, it is a strange one, given how frequently we are told that someone
> not cycling during an event of interest is a cyclist.

It wasn't that so much. I was struck by the credibility of your
suggestion that the van-driver may have been a cyclist. It would
certainly explain his disregard for every aspect of traffic law and the
general rules of the road, including consideration for other road users.

Well done for spotting that possibility.

TMS320
February 22nd 20, 11:53 PM
On 22/02/2020 23:52, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/02/2020 23:47, TMS320 wrote:

>>> Perhaps.
>>>
>>> That's partly why I asked.
>>
>> Yes, it is a strange one, given how frequently we are told that
>> someone not cycling during an event of interest is a cyclist.
>
> It wasn't that so much.

Oh, but it was.

jnugent
February 22nd 20, 11:56 PM
On 22/02/2020 23:53, TMS320 wrote:

> On 22/02/2020 23:52, JNugent wrote:

>>> Yes, it is a strange one, given how frequently we are told that
>>> someone not cycling during an event of interest is a cyclist.
>>
>> It wasn't that so much.
>
> Oh, but it was.

No, it really wasn't.

As I said, but you peevishly chose to snip, I was struck by the sheer
credibility of your suggestion that the van-driver may have been a
cyclist. It would certainly explain his disregard for every aspect of
traffic law and the general rules of the road, including consideration
for other road users.

Once more, well done for spotting that possibility/probability.

See?

You *can* be sensible when you try.

TMS320
February 23rd 20, 12:20 AM
On 22/02/2020 23:56, JNugent wrote:
> On 22/02/2020 23:53, TMS320 wrote:

>>> It wasn't that so much.
>>
>> Oh, but it was.
>
> No, it really wasn't.
>
> As I said, but you peevishly chose to snip, I was struck by the sheer
> credibility of your suggestion that the van-driver may have been a
> cyclist.

Oh, it's true that some people blame all the world's problems on cyclists.

> It would certainly explain his disregard for every aspect of
> traffic law and the general rules of the road, including consideration
> for other road users...

....but you should stop imagining things.

Simon Mason[_6_]
February 23rd 20, 10:36 AM
On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 12:20:12 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:

> Oh, it's true that some people blame all the world's problems on cyclists..

Even these?

Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night, no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban, without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra etc - ran out of space.

TMS320
February 23rd 20, 11:49 PM
On 23/02/2020 10:36, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 12:20:12 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
>
>> Oh, it's true that some people blame all the world's problems on
>> cyclists.
>
> Even these?
>
> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig
> zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by
> inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no
> car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking
> on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed
> monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light
> abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted
> windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way
> street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane
> abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
> and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash
> fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight
> limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having
> control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night,
> no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban,
> without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra
> etc - ran out of space.

Ah, but I did say "some people". Particularly a couple that post here.

Mr Pounder Esquire
February 24th 20, 10:11 AM
TMS320 wrote:
> On 23/02/2020 10:36, Simon Mason wrote:
>> On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 12:20:12 AM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, it's true that some people blame all the world's problems on
>>> cyclists.
>>
>> Even these?
>>
>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig
>> zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by
>> inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no
>> car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking
>> on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed
>> monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light
>> abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted
>> windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way
>> street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane
>> abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
>> and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash
>> fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight
>> limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having
>> control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night,
>> no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban,
>> without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra
>> etc - ran out of space.
>
> Ah, but I did say "some people". Particularly a couple that post here.

Would you care to name/ shame and post proof?

Peter Keller[_3_]
February 24th 20, 10:21 AM
On 24/02/2020 23:11, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> TMS320 wrote:

>>> Even these?
>>>
>>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig
>>> zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by
>>> inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no
>>> car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking
>>> on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed
>>> monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light
>>> abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted
>>> windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way
>>> street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane
>>> abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
>>> and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash
>>> fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight
>>> limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having
>>> control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night,
>>> no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban,
>>> without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra
>>> etc - ran out of space.
>>
>> Ah, but I did say "some people". Particularly a couple that post here.
>
> Would you care to name/ shame and post proof?

Why?

Mr Pounder Esquire
February 24th 20, 12:36 PM
Peter Keller wrote:
> On 24/02/2020 23:11, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> TMS320 wrote:

>>> Ah, but I did say "some people". Particularly a couple that post
>>> here.
>>
>> Would you care to name/ shame and post proof?
>>

> Why?

Just as I thought you would answer. Spineless little ******.

TMS320
February 24th 20, 09:02 PM
On 24/02/2020 10:11, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> TMS320 wrote:

>>> Even these?
>>>
>>> Speeding, parking the wrong way at night, on yellow lines, on zig
>>> zags, outside schools, pavement parking, obstructing traffic by
>>> inconsiderate parking, driving while drunk, on mobile phones, with no
>>> car tax, no licence, no insurance, no MOT, illegal plates, overtaking
>>> on double lines, due care, bald tyres, faulty brakes, one eyed
>>> monsters, no rear lights, no brake lights, no indicators, fog light
>>> abuse, faulty steering, windscreen obscuration, darkly tinted
>>> windows, child seat abuse, no seatbelts, insecure load, one way
>>> street abuse, amber/red light jumping, cycle box abuse, bus lane
>>> abuse, box junction abuse, death by dangerous driving, excess smoke
>>> and noise from exhaust, duff suspension, leaking oil, cash for crash
>>> fiddles, underage child in front, lights causing glare, over weight
>>> limit, ignoring no entry signs, parking without permit, not having
>>> control of your vehicle, improper use of horn, using horn at night,
>>> no in date photo licence, no licence application after long ban,
>>> without prescribed eyewear, failing to stop for police/lollipop/zebra
>>> etc - ran out of space.
>>
>> Ah, but I did say "some people". Particularly a couple that post here.
>
> Would you care to name/ shame and post proof?

I could name and shame but I will use the precedent they set by not
providing proof.

BTW, you are a nuisance but I don't consider you're one of them.

Mr Pounder Esquire
February 24th 20, 09:33 PM
TMS320 wrote:
> On 24/02/2020 10:11, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
>> TMS320 wrote:

>>> Ah, but I did say "some people". Particularly a couple that post
>>> here.
>>
>> Would you care to name/ shame and post proof?
>
> I could name and shame but I will use the precedent they set by not
> providing proof.
>
> BTW, you are a nuisance but I don't consider you're one of them.

I'm not one of them. Happy be a nuisance.

Peter Keller[_3_]
February 25th 20, 09:26 AM
On 25/02/2020 01:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> Spineless little ******.

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment coming from YOU. Especially
as it cums from YOU.
Now please ejaculate to me from YOU the further honour and accolade of
smarmy lagerlout gitand bloody woofter sod.
Then I will become a walking vomit to YOU and crap into your festering
mouth.

I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.

Peter Keller[_3_]
February 25th 20, 09:27 AM
On 25/02/2020 10:33, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
> TMS320 wrote:

>>> Would you care to name/ shame and post proof?
>>
>> I could name and shame but I will use the precedent they set by not
>> providing proof.
>>
>> BTW, you are a nuisance but I don't consider you're one of them.
>
> I'm not one of them. Happy be a nuisance.

Open your mouth, please.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home