PDA

View Full Version : Re: FYI Aldi Offers from 17-7-03

Brian
July 11th 03, 04:12 PM
"Dave T" > wrote in
news:26b887c0b20acfd3e9843ffa209c48e2.2509@mygate. mailgate.org:

> Incase anyone's interested...
>
> From next Thurs (at 9am in most places) Aldi have a bunch of cycling
> gear available again.
>
> edited hichlights:
> 20 Function computer for £3.99,
> Car mount rack £19.99
> mini pump £2.49
> Mitts £1.99
> Shirts / shorts £5.99
> Jackets £9.99
>
> From what I remember, last time thay had this gear it was pretty good
> for the money?
>
> http://www.aldi-stores.co.uk/ for more info
>
> Hope this is useful
>
> Dave

I bought one of the jackets the last time they were on special. It's a
good enough jacket - reflective trim, fold down flap for keeping your
back warm. Only problem I found was that some of the threads in the seams
hadn't been finished off very well or were a bit loose.

The jacket material seems to be "rip stop" style - branded "Crane Sports"

The jacket also folds up into it's own pouch.

for the money I can't complain!

--
brian

Oliver Jones
July 11th 03, 06:39 PM
I was up there not half an hour ago for some chilled beverages from the off licence over the road. I think they close earlier than most other supermarkets, maybe seven thirty or eight pm.
--
O.J.

"You can get away with a lot of **** if it looks like it's all you know how to do."
"Matthew Myatt" > wrote in message . net...
Does anyone know what time Aldi stores close? I'd like to try my local one
(Tottenham) after work.

Thanks,

Mat

Oliver Jones
July 11th 03, 06:39 PM
I was up there not half an hour ago for some chilled beverages from the off licence over the road. I think they close earlier than most other supermarkets, maybe seven thirty or eight pm.
--
O.J.

"You can get away with a lot of **** if it looks like it's all you know how to do."
"Matthew Myatt" > wrote in message . net...
Does anyone know what time Aldi stores close? I'd like to try my local one
(Tottenham) after work.

Thanks,

Mat

seigneur
July 12th 03, 11:40 AM
Oliver Jones wrote:
> ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930 Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> I was up there not half an hour ago for some chilled beverages from the
> = off licence over the road. I think they close earlier than most other
> = supermarkets, maybe seven thirty or eight pm.
> --
> O.J.
> "You can get away with a lot of **** if it looks like it's all you know
> = how to do." "Matthew Myatt" > wrote in
> message = . netnews:3f-
> ... Does anyone know what
> time Aldi stores close? I'd like to try my = local one (Tottenham)
> after work.
> Thanks,
> Mat
> ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930 Content-Type: text/html;
> charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
> 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY
> bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV>I was up there not&nbsp;half an hour ago for some chilled beverages
> = from=20 the off licence over the road. I think they close earlier
> than most = other=20 supermarkets, maybe seven thirty or eight
> pm.<FONT face=3DArial=20 size=3D2>--O.J.</DIV>
> <DV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DVI>"You can get away with a lot of **** if it looks like it's all you
> = know how=20 to
> do."</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
> PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
> solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
> <DVII>"Matthew Myatt" <A=20
> =
> :matthewmyatt @yahoo.co.uk"-
> </A> = wrote=20 in message <A=20
> =
> . netnews:3f0eb-
> [/url]">news:3f0eb="]news:3f-
> 0eb= </A>...</DIV>Does=20
> anyone know what time Aldi stores close?&nbsp; I'd like to try my =
> local=20 one(Tottenham) after=20 work.Thanks,Mat</BLOCKQUOTE>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930--

i had a winter cycling top from aldi last year. only cost £5.99. been
out in snow, rain mud etc. in it and find it very warm and washes like
new. in fact i reckon its better than a lot of my £30-40 tops

seigneur
July 12th 03, 11:40 AM
Oliver Jones wrote:
> ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930 Content-Type: text/plain;
> charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> I was up there not half an hour ago for some chilled beverages from the
> = off licence over the road. I think they close earlier than most other
> = supermarkets, maybe seven thirty or eight pm.
> --
> O.J.
> "You can get away with a lot of **** if it looks like it's all you know
> = how to do." "Matthew Myatt" > wrote in
> message = . netnews:3f-
> ... Does anyone know what
> time Aldi stores close? I'd like to try my = local one (Tottenham)
> after work.
> Thanks,
> Mat
> ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930 Content-Type: text/html;
> charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HEAD>
> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML
> 6.00.2800.1170" name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY
> bgColor=3D#ffffff>
> <DIV>I was up there not&nbsp;half an hour ago for some chilled beverages
> = from=20 the off licence over the road. I think they close earlier
> than most = other=20 supermarkets, maybe seven thirty or eight
> pm.<FONT face=3DArial=20 size=3D2>--O.J.</DIV>
> <DV>&nbsp;</DIV>
> <DVI>"You can get away with a lot of **** if it looks like it's all you
> = know how=20 to
> do."</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
> PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px
> solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
> <DVII>"Matthew Myatt" <A=20
> =
> :matthewmyatt @yahoo.co.uk"-
> </A> = wrote=20 in message <A=20
> =
> . netnews:3f0eb-
> [/url]">news:3f0eb="]news:3f-
> 0eb= </A>...</DIV>Does=20
> anyone know what time Aldi stores close?&nbsp; I'd like to try my =
> local=20 one(Tottenham) after=20 work.Thanks,Mat</BLOCKQUOTE>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C347DB.B64D3930--

i had a winter cycling top from aldi last year. only cost £5.99. been
out in snow, rain mud etc. in it and find it very warm and washes like
new. in fact i reckon its better than a lot of my £30-40 tops

martin
July 13th 03, 04:26 PM
Brilliant. Pity there is no store near me.Still worth a journey
though. Lidl also do a lot of bike stuff but not as good as all this
lot: it's mostly accessories like a gel seat pad the size of a chaise
longue and last year some "pro-cycling" track mitts with a picture of
a situpandbeg bike on them. These two chains and also Netto are
German, just goes to show how mass market cycling is on the continent.

Michael MacClancy
July 17th 03, 12:41 PM
I took a look in Aldi this morning and the stuff they have is the usual
quality. Jerseys are yellow/black, white/black, red with white side
panel, royal blue/yellow. Shorts to match. Jerseys and shorts £5.99.
The jerseys seem less scratchy than some of the last lot. The shorts
are a bit thin and the small size I bought is actually a bit large but
at that price does it matter?

They also have gloves (£1.99) and water resistant jackets (a bit bulkier
than I was expecting and people were buying them for everyday wear).

There is an excellent rucksack at £7.99 which would suit many commuters.
Plenty of compartments, access for Walkman cables, helmet straps, even
an integral cover and mobile phone pocket.
--
Michael MacClancy

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home