PDA

View Full Version : surfboard bike rack

Jeff
July 9th 03, 06:51 PM
I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
does not clamp to the frame.
Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have any
information?
Thanks.

Jeff

Leonard Migliore
July 9th 03, 07:30 PM
In article nk.net>,
Jeff > wrote:

> I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
> particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
> does not clamp to the frame.
> Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
> scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have any
> information?
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

It's not southern California, but lot of folks have them in Capitola
near Santa Cruz. Probably get them at the local surf shops on 41st
avenue. I would venture a wild guess that you could find them in
Huntington Beach, but maybe you're only supposed to drive in LA.

R.White
July 10th 03, 12:29 AM
"Jeff" > wrote in message nk.net>...
> I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
> particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
> does not clamp to the frame.
> Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
> scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have any
> information?

This may help.

http://tinyurl.com/ghj6

Jeff
July 10th 03, 06:03 AM
I've checked at shops in huntington and newport with no luck. Unfortunately
I think you're right that it seems that everyone is supposed to drive. :-(

I'll see if I can find phone number for surf shops in Capitola.
Thanks.

"Leonard Migliore" > wrote in message
> In article nk.net>,
> Jeff > wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle.
The
> > particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
> > does not clamp to the frame.
> > Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
> > scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have
any
> > information?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jeff
>
> It's not southern California, but lot of folks have them in Capitola
> near Santa Cruz. Probably get them at the local surf shops on 41st
> avenue. I would venture a wild guess that you could find them in
> Huntington Beach, but maybe you're only supposed to drive in LA.

Jeff
July 10th 03, 06:09 AM
Not the one I'm looking for but thanks.

"R.White" > wrote in message
om...
> "Jeff" > wrote in message
nk.net>...
> > I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle.
The
> > particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
> > does not clamp to the frame.
> > Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
> > scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have
any
> > information?
>
> This may help.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ghj6

Daniel Mitchell
July 10th 03, 06:19 AM
"Jeff" > wrote in
thlink.net:

> Not the one I'm looking for but thanks.

I think http://www.surfdogz.com/beach/racks/bikeracks.htm is what you're
after.

-- dan

Pete
July 10th 03, 06:24 AM
"Jeff" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> Not the one I'm looking for but thanks.

This one?
http://www.wetsand.com/store/product.asp?ProdId=43&CatId=160

Pete

Drew Cutter
July 10th 03, 12:43 PM
Take a look at e-z load . www.ezload.net . Look like you might have do a
little customizing to get it to work .

Surfer Bob
July 11th 03, 09:47 PM
"Jeff" > wrote:
> I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle.

These are what I generally see around here. I've never owned a pair,
but they look pretty functional.

http://www.essentialsurf.com/ikorb/catalog.php?product=325

Tom Keener
July 11th 03, 09:53 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:51:55 GMT, "Jeff"
> wrote:

>I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
>particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
>does not clamp to the frame.

OK, you've said it several times, so it must be important. Why should
it not attach to the frame? Attaching it to the frame would give it
more stability and strength. There are plenty of quick-release
mechanisms around if you just want to be able to take it on or off
quickly. The only reason I can see is if you have some special
whoop-de-doo paint job, and then you could easily find a soft buffer
to protect the paint. So, how come?

Tom Keener
email me if you want my email address

coastal British Columbia
July 13th 03, 02:38 PM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:51:55 GMT, "Jeff"
> wrote:

>I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
>particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
>does not clamp to the frame.
>Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
>scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have any
>information?
>Thanks.
>
>Jeff

Screw the lightweight gismos. Ya need a "Ben's Surfboard Carrier" .
Converting to bycycle use can't be that hard.

http://www.coastalbc.com/surf/pictures/3061427.jpg

Cam
http://www.CoastalBC.com/
http://www.SurfingVancouverIsland.com/

carversurfracks
November 3rd 03, 08:57 AM
Hey Jeff, this may come to a surprise to you but I live in Hawaii and
the rack that you are looking for is called the carversurfracks.com,
from the north shore.... you can get it asap by ordering it from us
direct and since you've been so persistant we are willing to get you a
discount... p.s. make some referalls and I can get you an autographed
poster of Garrett Mcnamara's "Barrel of the Century" featured on the
cover of sufer back in july or aug. I am the owner, and my wife just
happened upon this forum... go to the site carversurfracks.com or email
me personally when your ready. Orlando

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home