PDA

View Full Version : Trek 1500

MT
July 15th 03, 07:09 AM
It's sale time right now as shops clear old stock.

How much is a 2003 Trek 1500 worth (USD) and is it worth waiting for
the 2004 model??

Aesthetics is also important to me, and considering Trek's previous
models are a bit of an eye sore, I am not sure if the 2004 models are
going to look as nice as the 2003 design.

Can anyone offer advice on what I should do and how much I should fork
out?

B. Sanders
July 15th 03, 03:31 PM
"MT" > wrote in message
om...
> It's sale time right now as shops clear old stock.
>
> How much is a 2003 Trek 1500 worth (USD)

Check Ebay.

> and is it worth waiting for
> the 2004 model??

Trek bikes don't change much from year to year, except for paint variations.

> Aesthetics is also important to me, and considering Trek's previous
> models are a bit of an eye sore, I am not sure if the 2004 models are
> going to look as nice as the 2003 design.

Considering that nothing radical has happened in the mid-range component
groups, and no new materials have been introduced, my guess is that not much
will change. The 2004's may be available in prettier colors, that's about
it.

> Can anyone offer advice on what I should do and how much I should fork
> out?

No idea. It all depends on how much you can get for your used bike. You
could try a trade-in at the dealership. It's much lower hassle than selling
your bike outright; but is likely to cost you more $$.

My question is: If you care so much about aesthetics, why not just spend
$200-ish and have the bike custom painted and re-decaled in your favorite
colors? www.spectrumpowderworks.com

-Barry

-Barry

Google